Severe Weather

SuiteSuccess

Would like to hope all our friends and RVing family are staying safe during the unusual flooding, tornadoes, and severe weather in Texas, Oklahoma, and elsewhere in the U.S. I know a number of you are in the Houston, mid-Texas area. Our prayers are with you.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks Carl,

I need to get down to the border to lead a couple of mission trips, and it's been pretty hairy in North Texas! Might leave today and try to miss what's headed towards us, and hopefully miss what's coming towards Central Texas.

Thanks for the prayers.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Thanks for thinking about us Carl. Houston has been real lucky to be on the far edge of these storms and we have not had any major flooding. One county north of us, they had a reservoir threatening to bust it's own dam due to the weight of the water it suddenly found itself holding back.

Rocky, drive safe my friend.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Thanks Carl,

I need to get down to the border to lead a couple of mission trips, and it's been pretty hairy in North Texas! Might leave today and try to miss what's headed towards us, and hopefully miss what's coming towards Central Texas.

Thanks for the prayers.

Rocky,

Where are you in North Texas? I was raised just west of Wichita Falls. Now you know why I'm living in East Tennessee, :)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We were staying off of HWY 380 just south of Aubrey. I used to own a home in Plano.

Now we are at Cabela's in Buda and will leave sometime early in the morning. Was dodging all the storms and tornadoes to get down here. Sheri was on her Ipad with the weather app on Sat View and it really helps.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Stay safe my friend.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Assuming that you're planning to come all the way in from Buda tomorrow, the AccuWeather forecast for the Valley isn't too bad, Rocky. They're saying "A shower or thundershower in spots" for tomorrow, but that was basically yesterday's forecast for today, too, and other than being humid all day and overcast at times, it's been a pretty decent day. Just figure on it being hot and humid when you get here.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Thanks for thinking about us Carl. Houston has been real lucky to be on the far edge of these storms and we have not had any major flooding. One county north of us, they had a reservoir threatening to bust it's own dam due to the weight of the water it suddenly found itself holding back.

Rocky, drive safe my friend.

Which dam was that? Dams should normally be able to handle the weight of the water behind them, and should have a suitable spillway and/or floodgates to keep the dam from overtopping. Years ago, I learned that the forces acting on the dam are related to the basic weight of water and simple square inches - the surface area of the lake doesn't actually affect the forces upon the dam.

Saw some bad flooding in Houston last night. You still ok Phil?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived