What's for Dinner at the National HDT Rally

sdixon747

What's for Dinner at the HDT Rally?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it the same or change it up?

• BBQ
    • Hamburgers & Hot Dogs with all the fixin's
    • Other (Please Elaborate)

Gail is finishing up the schedule for the National HDT Rally. In the years past, we have always had a BBQ night catered by Hog Wild or Roy's BBQ. On last year's surveys, a few people indicated they would like to maybe have something different next year. Well, what's different? Hamburgers & Hot Dogs with all the fixin's maybe? Or, should we stick with BBQ? It's your rally, so what do you think?

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Well, ya can't beat good BBQ and I think Hog Wild's is fairly good. I also think that catered burgers would be rather bland and tasteless....sorta like those nasty convenience store hot dogs (but there ain't a night shift cop that doesn't crave one of those occasionally). Now if y'all were cooking burgers that might be different, but would be another task added to a list that I am sure is a mile long already.....so I voted for BBQ.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Phil brings up a good point. If we do Burgers and Dogs, we would cook them, not catered in. I have a 36" griddle that will do 20 or more burgers at a time.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

The farewell dinner (bring and cook your own steak) at the ECR was outstanding, particularly the "fixins' that showed on the tables" for folks to embellish their stakes, fried onions for stakes, sour cream with horseradish for baked potatoes, etc.

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

Plus the company, but we all know about that.

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

That would be my suggestion in lieu of barbecue dinner, but in the interest of full disclosure I am not a fan of barbecue.

Born and raised in Texas now Tennessee boy. BBQ for me and hate to say it the guy in the forefront of Phoenix last picture does some of the best pork I've ever eaten and Paul does a great brisket.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I'm fine with Bar-B-Q. That said, I'm willing to be open minded and consider something different. I agree that burgers, brats, hot dogs should be grilled fresh. I need to be gluten free but, I can enjoy foods normally served on a bun "naked".

Born and raised in Texas now Tennessee boy. BBQ for me and hate to say it the guy in the forefront of Phoenix last picture does some of the best pork I've ever eaten and Paul does a great brisket.

I can tell you are from Texas..... Only a Texan would consider a cut of beef on a grill with some sauce "Bar-B-Que"......

A few more years in Knoxville and you will come around to a true understanding of Bar-B-Que... it is a slow cooked, fall off the bone, mouth watering piece of pork. Beef is for steaks and grilling.... :)

Having said that however, I'm fine either way. Bar-B-Que or hotdogs and hamburgers. The company that I will have is what matters to me and so far, this group has been great in that department...

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Hey, Georgia, I'm wounded. Did I not say Charlie does some of the best pork I've ever eaten? :). BTW how's the truck search going?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

HI Steve & Gail!

Well we are always happy with the food, never had a bad table yet. I do agree that sausage, burgers ,an dogs are great if cooked fresh, but Bar B Que is just fine with us.

Last winter @ THE RANCH SKP PARK in NM they had a "bring your own meat night" that seemed to work out well and every one brought a dish to pass. They had a large 4x4 pit to grill over, I think they may have had some Mesquite mixed in with the coals.

Thanks for asking and we look forward to being back in the fold.

KEN&PAT

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

Archived