Wilson Sleek vs New Amp's coming out

We have the Wilson Sleek V (Verzion only version, as the ATT/Verizon unit came out a few months later). We have a roof top antenna from Maximum Signal. And, yes I for sure can see a difference in Data Strength between not using the Sleek, and then sliding it into the cradle.

Have been following, and waiting. for Maximum Signals new amp. As well as reading about other amps coming to market as the FCC had held up both certification and production for quite sometime.

I believe both Jack Mayer and Technomadia have had opportunities to look at Maximum Signals, and other newer amps now available. And, I suspect other here have bough other amps besides the Sleek.

I'm primarily interested in Data Speed, vs voice.

How much of an improvement are the newer amps?

I'm not sure how to ask you to grade them. And of course you'd need to have had experience with the Sleek to be able to say 'how much'. Maybe grade them a on a scale of 1 thru 10? Or a percentage of improvement, with the Sleek as the baseline?

Appreciate any info sharing that can be provided.

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

We've actually not yet been sent review units of any of the new upcoming stuff. Anxiously awaiting the day...

We have done extensive head to head comparison with the the two post-FCC certification Sleek and Mobile 4G (now known as the weBoost 4G-S and 4G-M) against the pre-2014 Sleek 4G-V: Cellular Booster Testing: New Wilson Sleek & Mobile 4G vs pre-2014 Boosters (it is member only content however). But we did clock slightly higher speeds on Verizon LTE with the Wilson Sleek 4G (new) versus the Sleek 4G-V. And the Mobile 4G was considerably better.

Once we have the Max Signal and 4G-X in house, we'll do further extensive testing of them against all the rest of our test equipment in house in a variety of situations.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

LIke Cherie and Chris I have not seen any products yet.But they will come....we are both anxiously awaiting them....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We have the new Wilson 4 band cell booster and are using it with an external trucker style antenna. This is not the cradle style unit. WE get a boost insice the RV from no 4G to 2 or 3 bars 4G. Outside we can get 1 or 2 bars 4G.

It works and we are happy. If there is no cell service, there is nothing to boost.

Right now, I am 4G connected on my phones' hot spot with 2 bars 4G.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

When are they coming out? I ask because I will be full timing in 30-75 days.

The Wilson products are already out.. and you can snag some excellent close out deals right now as they complete the rebranding to weBoost. weBoost already has the Sleek and Mobile 4G rebranded and for sale (basically the same thing as the Wilson version.. just different cases and more expensive)

The new weBoost and MaxSignal amps have been 'coming soon' for well.. a while. Last we talked with weBoost, the 4G-X should be out in a couple weeks.. and the 4G-XR (RV specific) could be next year.)

Here's our overview article that compares the specs of all these boosters, and tracks their availability (free article):

Comparison: Mobile 4G Cellular Boosters (weBoost Drive, MAX-AMP vs SureCall)

- Cherie

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I know it's not quite a simple as just looking a the 'gain' differences, as 'how' it handles the number of devices and how large the covered area is, are all part of the total package.

But, the db gain reflects about a jump from 23 db for the previous version of the Sleek, to up to 50 db for the newer amps coming to the market. I noted the the SureCall also specifically mentions LTE, while the others don't.

With the main focus of my questions being 'data' vs 'voice' - is their a potential of almost doubling the 'data speed' buy jumping up to a 50 db amp? (I believe not, but was again trying to come up with an answer for the DW on 'Why we should spend this $$:)!' - and a simple 'Dear, we should see data improvements within the 25-35% increase range. My choice on those percentages, curious what more knowledgable members feel the value should be for these ranges of improvement.

And since we use Verizon unlimited data, LTE, and the other new buzzwords used in advertising too:)! What should we specifically be looking for, increase in db boost, or LTE specific too, or both?

And you techie's amongst us, I know it's not as simple as I'm trying to get it down to - but understand I have about a 2-3 minute span time to get my 'sales for a new amp' across to my DW... (Then she counters with why her shoes need replacing:)! (Not really, she's enjoying the RV'ing journey, and likes good internet speed, and streaming too.... She just honestly does not care 'how' it's done, just gets a bit interested when I get ready to spend more then a few hundred dollars, again:)!)

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

Smitty, go ahead and get her a new pair of shoes and all will be fine.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Smitty, go ahead and get her a new pair of shoes and all will be fine.

Ken

LOL! But Ken, should I get her:

-PF Flyer's (Tie the antenna to them and get it up in the air.)

-High Heels (With the 8 db omni pump heel.)

-Tap Shoes (When no signal, she could ... --- ... the message.)

-Combat Boots (With a hand crank radio.)

-Nike's (As in 'Just Do it!' in regards to the amp.)

-Mocassins (Smoke signal our messages.)

And yes, shoes can sometimes be 'The Great Equalizer!'. (She has several find shoes, due to my purchase of speakers and as she calls it 'Just a wire.' interconnects.)

Best,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's not quite a simple as just looking a the 'gain' differences, as 'how' it handles the number of devices and how large the covered area is, are all part of the total package.

But, the db gain reflects about a jump from 23 db for the previous version of the Sleek, to up to 50 db for the newer amps coming to the market. I noted the the SureCall also specifically mentions LTE, while the others don't.

With the main focus of my questions being 'data' vs 'voice' - is their a potential of almost doubling the 'data speed' buy jumping up to a 50 db amp? (I believe not, but was again trying to come up with an answer for the DW on 'Why we should spend this $$ :)!' - and a simple 'Dear, we should see data improvements within the 25-35% increase range. My choice on those percentages, curious what more knowledgable members feel the value should be for these ranges of improvement.

And since we use Verizon unlimited data, LTE, and the other new buzzwords used in advertising too:)! What should we specifically be looking for, increase in db boost, or LTE specific too, or both?

And you techie's amongst us, I know it's not as simple as I'm trying to get it down to - but understand I have about a 2-3 minute span time to get my 'sales for a new amp' across to my DW... (Then she counters with why her shoes need replacing:)! (Not really, she's enjoying the RV'ing journey, and likes good internet speed, and streaming too.... She just honestly does not care 'how' it's done, just gets a bit interested when I get ready to spend more then a few hundred dollars, again:)!)

Smitty

Running out of road blocks to put in front of us. They figured they would bankrupt us. But the figured wrong . Final FCC approved owners manuals are now up on www.maximumsignal.info. Sorry for all the delays. Good news should be coming very soon now.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Running out of road blocks to put in front of us. They figured they would bankrupt us. But the figured wrong . Final FCC approved owners manuals are now up on www.maximumsignal.info. Sorry for all the delays. Good news should be coming very soon now.

Good luck Gord, you surely deserve it after all the bs and expense.

Archived