Which Small Class A?

GracieK

I see lots of small Class A's w/o sofas, but I don't recall seeing one w/o dinette.

Winnebago makes three or four models in the under 30' range.

Newmar makes a couple of models under 30'.

Tiffin makes a Diesel Pusher under 30'.

All three of these mfg's are well regarded.

Many or most of the other mfg's with small Class A's seem to have a lot of criticism that I have seen online.

One thing I would look closely at is how well can they be used with the slides pulled in. I looked a Newmar product that was very, very difficult to get into the bathroom with slide in. Also be sure you can get into the fridge with the slides in.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Take a look at the Winnebago Vista 27N for a small unit with lots of storage and good layout. It has a Dinette. You will not find a small unit without Dinette in an A in that size. You can pull out the dinette if you want and customize it.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Are you shopping for new or used? You will find most in that length to be gasoline powered but there are several on the new Sprinter chassis that are diesel powered. Some idea of the budget range you have would also be helpful.

Our first motorhome did qualify in the length & no dinette but that was a long time ago and I've not seen a lot of floor plans like it for some time. Currently Winnebago/Itasca builds a 25' long, one slide unit that seems to qualify in terms of what you are looking for, on the Sprinter. Doing a quick look that seems to be the only one that qualifies in what I see new. I looked through the Newmar floor plans in the lengths you see, and saw nothing that had no dinette and the same was true of Tiffin products.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Take a look at the Winnebago Vista 27N for a small unit with lots of storage and good layout. It has a Dinette. You will not find a small unit without Dinette in an A in that size. You can pull out the dinette if you want and customize it.

The Vista 27N comes without a dinette. http://www.winnebagovistamotorhome.com/interior.aspx

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I agree with Jack that the 27N is a good floorplan, since it is what some friends settled on when downsizing. The Wynns did a nice comparison, which will help you with the process - http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/small-class-a-gas-rv. I watch their videos not for the particular models they look at, but for the evaluation process.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

The Vista looks nice. And the 26 HE would be super if the dinette could be replaced by a sofa. I'll do more research on that.

Will also consider Newmar Bay Star Sport and Tiffin Breeze 28.

Good advice about checking usability with slides in. Thanks.

And thanks to all for your replies.

The Vista looks nice. And the 26 HE would be super if the dinette could be replaced by a sofa. I'll do more research on that.

Take a look at the Winnebago Via floor-plan as it is available without any dinette. While you are shopping, also look at the plan of the Itasca Reyo which is pretty much the same RV with the same lengths & options but slightly different interiors.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived