Which Small Class A?

GracieK

I see lots of small Class A's w/o sofas, but I don't recall seeing one w/o dinette.

Winnebago makes three or four models in the under 30' range.

Newmar makes a couple of models under 30'.

Tiffin makes a Diesel Pusher under 30'.

All three of these mfg's are well regarded.

Many or most of the other mfg's with small Class A's seem to have a lot of criticism that I have seen online.

One thing I would look closely at is how well can they be used with the slides pulled in. I looked a Newmar product that was very, very difficult to get into the bathroom with slide in. Also be sure you can get into the fridge with the slides in.

Are you shopping for new or used? You will find most in that length to be gasoline powered but there are several on the new Sprinter chassis that are diesel powered. Some idea of the budget range you have would also be helpful.

Our first motorhome did qualify in the length & no dinette but that was a long time ago and I've not seen a lot of floor plans like it for some time. Currently Winnebago/Itasca builds a 25' long, one slide unit that seems to qualify in terms of what you are looking for, on the Sprinter. Doing a quick look that seems to be the only one that qualifies in what I see new. I looked through the Newmar floor plans in the lengths you see, and saw nothing that had no dinette and the same was true of Tiffin products.

I agree with Jack that the 27N is a good floorplan, since it is what some friends settled on when downsizing. The Wynns did a nice comparison, which will help you with the process - http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/small-class-a-gas-rv. I watch their videos not for the particular models they look at, but for the evaluation process.

The Vista looks nice. And the 26 HE would be super if the dinette could be replaced by a sofa. I'll do more research on that.

Will also consider Newmar Bay Star Sport and Tiffin Breeze 28.

Good advice about checking usability with slides in. Thanks.

And thanks to all for your replies.

The Vista looks nice. And the 26 HE would be super if the dinette could be replaced by a sofa. I'll do more research on that.

Take a look at the Winnebago Via floor-plan as it is available without any dinette. While you are shopping, also look at the plan of the Itasca Reyo which is pretty much the same RV with the same lengths & options but slightly different interiors.

Archived