Over the Top Customer Service

I bought a motorcycle cover from Dowco Powersports about 4 years ago to cover my bicycles. It has a lifetime warranty. Now, 4+ years later, the UV has eaten it up. I contacted Dowco and processed a warranty return. All went well.

Today I got two big boxes with a total of 14 covers! Yay! They also sent an email that there is another one on its way. Wow! 15 replacement covers. Customer service does not get any better than that!

Anyway, we'll see what they say on Monday.

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Good luck getting that straightened out! Either way though you will most likely come out ahead.

A few years ago we bought a collapsible ladder on line. Received a large box with two ladders. Contacted them, explained, they sent return paperwork; I sent extra ladder back with a big note "Duplicate shipment - DO NOT CREDIT"

Sure enough, I got a credit for the returned ladder, never was able to pay for the one I kept.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

I bought a motorcycle cover from Dowco Powersports about 4 years ago to cover my bicycles. It has a lifetime warranty. Now, 4+ years later, the UV has eaten it up. I contacted Dowco and processed a warranty return. All went well.

Today I got two big boxes with a total of 14 covers! Yay! They also sent an email that there is another one on its way. Wow! 15 replacement covers. Customer service does not get any better than that!

Anyway, we'll see what they say on Monday.

Be interesting to see what they say on Monday . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

4 years per cover, 15 covers = 60 years, that should cover your lifetime....

I ordered a replacement battery from Amazon for a laptop several years ago. I received an unopened case of 12. I guess the way they box was scanned into inventory classified the case as 1, instead of 12 per case. I argued with them for awhile until I reached a supervisor and told him I'd sell the batteries back to them as needed... UPS label was sent that day....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

It amazes me how businesses do this and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. A couple of years ago I bought a Milwaukee Porta-Band saw online from Home Depot for my son for Christmas. Got one box with two saws. I tried to return the extra, although I was not willing to pay for shipping, and when I called Home Depot they did not want to cover shipping. So I tried taking it to a local store, but they did not want it because it would "mess up their inventory". I got frustrated, figured I had tried to be honest, but I now have one of those for myself.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Well, here's the best customer service ever: a few years ago the IRS sent me TWO refund checks. I called to see where to send the duplicate check back. They said to wait until I was contacted. Three months pass. I call again. "Wait until you are contacted". Six months pass. I call again. "Wait until you are contacted.". One year....yep... "wait until you are contacted". Never contacted. Finally, I just sent the check back anyway (I hadn't cashed it because I was sure that if I did, they'd want to charge me interest or something).

I sometimes wonder if I would have ever been "contacted" if I had cashed the check and kept the money.

I received a check for a reenlisment bonus. A month later I received it again on my paycheck. I called. They said they would look into it. 6 Mos later they started taking out $50 per paycheck. 6 Mos after that we had a meeting. They wanted to know who had aproved the payback. They finally decided to let it remain as they were doing.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Archived