Another T2000 question

chevy3500

How do you remove the inner door panel? I removed all the torx head screws from the perimeter but something still holding tight up on top edge. Exterior door handle is not working on passenger side, and it sounds like a rod flopping around inside, thinking it must have came unhooked from mechanism. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Does the top piece (the one with the door lock and mirror control) have to come off too. Its just been to cold around here to mess with it much (negative 20) this am but weekend is supposed to be warmer, but would like to get it fixed asap.

Thanks

The trim strip between the upper and lower door trim panels (On VIT interior trucks -- those with woodgrain trim on the instrument panel -- it's a strip of matching woodgrain. On lower level trim models I would assume that it's black, which would, likewise, match the IP trim.) pulls off. It's held on with hook and loop (Velcro-like) fasteners. There are screws behind it.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Been awhile, but, on top of the screws Phil mentioned, is a collection of plastic "pine trees" holding the panel on.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I just had mine off two weeks ago.

Remove all torx screws

Remove door handle

Remove trim piece between upper window sill piece and main door panel (as Phil described)

Remove additional torx screws and bolts under trim piece

Loosen upper trim piece

Disconnect wiring to door light in lower corner of panel

Remove panel

To get at the back side of the door handle, you now have to remove the interior panel that holds the window mechanism in place

Put window all the way down

Unscrew all the torx screws holding panel in place

Pop the bottom of the panel out and slowly lower the panel out of the door

Remove handle rod from back side of door handle to door latch (I removed the rod from the latch side on removal, but had to connect this side first and leave the door handle side free on re-installation)

Once the top of the window glass is out of the track, you can fully remove the panel and window mechanism as one piece

Disconnect wires to electric window motor if equipped

Reassembly is the reverse of above. It isn't that hard and can be done with one person.

My passenger door handle was gunked up and sticking, so I pulled everything apart and cleaned and lubed the mechanism two weeks ago

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I just had mine off two weeks ago.

Remove all torx screws

Remove door handle

Remove trim piece between upper window sill piece and main door panel (as Phil described)

Remove additional torx screws and bolts under trim piece

Loosen upper trim piece

Disconnect wiring to door light in lower corner of panel

Remove panel

To get at the back side of the door handle, you now have to remove the interior panel that holds the window mechanism in place

Put window all the way down

Unscrew all the torx screws holding panel in place

Pop the bottom of the panel out and slowly lower the panel out of the door

Remove handle rod from back side of door handle to door latch (I removed the rod from the latch side on removal, but had to connect this side first and leave the door handle side free on re-installation)

Once the top of the window glass is out of the track, you can fully remove the panel and window mechanism as one piece

Disconnect wires to electric window motor if equipped

Reassembly is the reverse of above. It isn't that hard and can be done with one person.

My passenger door handle was gunked up and sticking, so I pulled everything apart and cleaned and lubed the mechanism two weeks ago

THANK YOU for those detailed instructions!

Thanks to al! have a Blessed Day

Archived