Warning Points

spindrift

I've sent two emails to the administrators without a complete answer so I'm turning to you folks as a last resort. If you look at my post count, you will notice just under the count that I have "0 Warning Points". Two questions...first, what's a "warning point"? More importantly, since there are folks with lower post counts who do not have this label, why have I been singled out? :ph34r: Since I just went through a corporate diversity training program and I now recognize a bias, I'm starting to develop a serious complex. :lol:

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Okay warning points are issued if you don't follow the posted forum rules. To find those rules look on the bottom right of this page and you will see the link "Escapees Forum Rules". Secondly everyone under their avatar will have the line with warning points. It is visible only to you not to other posters so it is only for your information. Finally although this is a forum that is fairly tolerant of differing opinions it is privately owned and the owners can make any rules they wish and enforce compliance. You can be banned temporarily or permanently for repeat violations.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Okay warning points are issued if you don't follow the posted forum rules. To find those rules look on the bottom right of this page and you will see the link "Escapees Forum Rules". Secondly everyone under their avatar will have the line with warning points. It is visible only to you not to other posters so it is only for your information. Finally although this is a forum that is fairly tolerant of differing opinions it is privately owned and the owners can make any rules they wish and enforce compliance. You can be banned temporarily or permanently for repeat violations.

Very good answer! :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just hit them where it hurts cancel your membership.

Or, play nice and don't worry about it. There are plenty of other places to air your views.

Not all forums have the same level of tolerance towards off topic items, religion and politics especially. This one chooses to run a tight ship. I am just thankful that it's here for us. Obeying the rules is a small price to pay.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I'm getting a complex now because I choose to Single my truck and only keep the Frenchie Tires and not the Tokyo Roses on there. In order to maintain an unbigoted track record should I reinstall my Tandem axle or should I just install some some of my interned Toyos?

I'm getting a complex now because I choose to Single my truck and only keep the Frenchie Tires and not the Tokyo Roses on there. In order to maintain an unbigoted track record should I reinstall my Tandem axle or should I just install some some of my interned Toyos?

You should be okay if you keep them balanced. But you must be careful on what you use for the steers

Using these forums is really simple, if you want to be able to post here follow the rules. If you get a warning for not following the rules, go read them again and be more careful. If you get a second warning you may need to type up your posts, but then take a few minute break before you hit the post button because one more point and you are blocked from posting.

I follow the "take a break" rule myself, I find I end up deleting a fair number of ready-to-post responses, darned good ones in my opinion but I don't get a vote. Other posters can nominate me for warning points with the Report link but only the Admins are involved in the final decision to ignore the post, do a verbal warning or issue points.

Many are used to other forums and means of posting stuff to the internet and step over the line here. Sadly others that see the transgression are tempted to respond in kind, that isn't an excuse that is accepted here and breaking it leads good folks astray and into warning points. Just because an admin hasn't responded to a problem post yet do not be tempted to chastise the poster or make light of the issue, at some point an admin will be along and you do not want to be part of the problem. The only real action you can safely take is to hit the report button and give the admins a short explanation of the problem.

Some think it is a sneaky trick to resort to abusing the rules via the PM (Personal Message) option here, not so as every PM has a report link on it and if the recipient isn't happy with what they see it only takes a second to report the PM. I believe the admins take PM problems every bit as seriously as public posts.

Points are serious things and don't go away over time, get to three and you are almost always banned. Exceptions have been made in a very few cases, the folks that have been granted exceptions are few and far between, don't plan on getting one!

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Just for the record, my initial post was purely an inquisitive one. There was no intent to be snide, snarky or beligerent. Suite's response was all I needed.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Archived