Hughesnet equipment

Motor31

Hi,

Having a going out of hughesnet experience. I realize this is a long shot but any SKP's or others in the Tucson area I have the following that is going away. I say Tucson because shipping isn't really an option.

A complete hughesnet 7000 tripod system with OPI.

Since I used to be an installer I have fiddly bits too.

Multiple spare radios and recievers.

power supply

lipstick (for TV reception including an adjustable arm)

If anyone interested let me know asap. We're changing rigs and I need to clear the basement this week. Price is very negotiable, anything from nuthin on up will be considered otherwise it's all going into recycling.

• 8 months later...

We tried to sell our Hughesnet Tripod system last year.. with little luck.

We ended up contacting http://www.oregonrv.net, who buys up old satellite parts and refurbishes them for sale. He bought the valuable pieces that were shippable (what he paid barely covered the packaging materials and hassle), and the rest we disposed of.

- Cherie

We ended up contacting http://www.oregonrv.net, who buys up old satellite parts and refurbishes them for sale. He bought the valuable pieces that were shippable (what he paid barely covered the packaging materials and hassle), and the rest we disposed of.

That's funny. I bought a tripod-based setup a little over a year ago, and the cost of shipping was more than what I paid for the system.

• 2 months later...

That's not correct. The HN7000S modem is still being used and service can still be activated.

thanks for clearing that up!! i was speaking to another mobile isp provider and from what he told me is they could not be reactivated not that i belived it.

• 2 months later...

Read Bill Joyce's post directly above yours.

Thanks. I also found Montana Satellite (http://www.montanasatellite.com/). Tom was extremely helpful getting my prospective buyer setup and ready to go in the Bahamas. It was funny since it had been so long since I had used the equipment that I failed to get a receive signal from the G28 satellite Tom specified. Tom told me to check that I hadn't reversed the coax cables. Sure enough that was the problem :)

There is one outstanding issue that perhaps someone can advise me on. My dish was setup to also receive two Dish Network satellites while pointing at the SatMex5 117W Hughes satellite. My buyer is also interested in Dish Network. What might the solution be aside from getting a separate dish?

Archived