The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Have a good time on the cruise. Tina isn't sure about taking the long drive to Alaska but a cruise sounds good to her.

We should see a lot of wineries this summer traveling in the west. It will give us another excuse to stop. I think it would be a good time.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

We aren't interested in driving it either and we're really not taking a cruise. At this point I'm think a cruise would have been cheaper but you're dropped off on small ports with a limited time along with a few thousand other people. So, we're going to have a "smodge-podge" adventure on the Alaska Marine Highway. I booked four different ferries along with cabins, hotels and a car rental. We'll see how it works.

Anyone interested in the wine-fest? I didn't get any answers.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We aren't interested in driving it either and we're really not taking a cruise. At this point I'm think a cruise would have been cheaper but you're dropped off on small ports with a limited time along with a few thousand other people. So, we're going to have a "smodge-podge" adventure on the Alaska Marine Highway. I booked four different ferries along with cabins, hotels and a car rental. We'll see how it works.

Anyone interested in the wine-fest? I didn't get any answers.

We're not really wine drinkers but, count us in. Does anyone like Thunderbird... :P

Have a great time on your Alaska trip Jeri...looking forward to hearing more about it over a fine Cabernet Sauvignon!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We're not really wine drinkers but, count us in. Does anyone like Thunderbird... :P

Have a great time on your Alaska trip Jeri...looking forward to hearing more about it over a fine Cabernet Sauvignon!

R

Neither is Terry but I'm sure he would agree to bringing a bottle along with a diet Pepsi ! :)

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Cranberry juice tasting?? Sounds like a capitol idea! Count us in. I think diet pepsi qualifies for that too!! We've been busy with visits from Mary Jane Finley, Tom Voles, and Sharon and John (heyduke) stopped in on their way north. We also had the grandkids all day at the water park that weekend, so now we are trying to recover. Nice quiet day here at the fairgrounds, 67 degrees with a little light rain so all is well. Thinking of all the troops this memorial day! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Ouch Linda. Have ya tried the Hercule Poirot method of hand lotion and gloves while sleeping at night?

R

Yup. My hands get so hot the gloves quickly come off and lotion goes all over bedding. The dermatologist prescribed an ointment to use twice a day. Imagine putting Vaseline on your fingers then trying to dress or eat breakfast or drive to the next campground. So that doesn't happen most mornings. Oh, well. It is what it is. Fortunately I have my Dave to do most things that truly need doing.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Definitely not wine drinkers at our house. But I've always got our Diet Mountain Dew and water to share.

Made it to Ely, NV. And boy did we leave AJ at the right time. Going to be 108 to 112 there this next week-end. Hopefully a little bit cooler when we get to Montana. Glad to know everybody is safe. Been some bad weather out there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Yup. My hands get so hot the gloves quickly come off and lotion goes all over bedding. The dermatologist prescribed an ointment to use twice a day. Imagine putting Vaseline on your fingers then trying to dress or eat breakfast or drive to the next campground. So that doesn't happen most mornings. Oh, well. It is what it is. Fortunately I have my Dave to do most things that truly need doing.

Linda

Have you tried Gold Bond, the one in the green pump. I have eczema and it works for me.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I tried to post using my phone a couple of days ago. I tried to correct all the wrong letters and lost the whole thing twice and gave up. A bad usb cable was keeping me from charging the tablet. Now I'm back in Deming, charging the tablet and have all the spare cables so should do a little better. I have a lot of working to do getting every thing out of the Hornet trailer so Susanne can give it a through cleaning. Then moving what little I have left back in it for living. I discarded or gave away everything I owned getting ready to move to that assisted lining place in Charleston. That isn't going to happen and I'm not going to buy a bunch of stuff to replace every thing here. It will be a relief to not have all that junk to care for. I'll live in the Navion untill the Hornet is all cleaned then move back into it. I read all the Happenings on the phone both good and bad so I hope the bad ones are over and the good stick around. Now to work.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Have you tried Gold Bond, the one in the green pump. I have eczema and it works for me.

Thanks. I'll have Dave look for that one. I'm allergic to many lotions but if this works I'll be happy.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I tried to post using my phone a couple of days ago. I tried to correct all the wrong letters and lost the whole thing twice and gave up. A bad usb cable was keeping me from charging the tablet. Now I'm back in Deming, charging the tablet and have all the spare cables so should do a little better. I have a lot of working to do getting every thing out of the Hornet trailer so Susanne can give it a through cleaning. Then moving what little I have left back in it for living. I discarded or gave away everything I owned getting ready to move to that assisted lining place in Charleston. That isn't going to happen and I'm not going to buy a bunch of stuff to replace every thing here. It will be a relief to not have all that junk to care for. I'll live in the Navion untill the Hornet is all cleaned then move back into it. I read all the Happenings on the phone both good and bad so I hope the bad ones are over and the good stick around. Now to work.

Well, that explains why you've been incommunicado these past few Lee. Ironic that yer a full-timer and had to get rid of things. Now you can go shopping for new stuff and start out fresh...LOL! :D

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I tried to post using my phone a couple of days ago.

Maybe some of those folks will give your stuff back. If not, everyone needs new things once in a while. Glad you're surrounded with folks who are helping you.

Thanks. I'll have Dave look for that one. I'm allergic to many lotions but if this works I'll be happy.

Linda

Sorry, you're having so many problems with your hands. Doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope it gets better soon.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

OK, OK, I know when I'm wooped, I'll bring the ice cream machine and the shotgun back!! :ph34r:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Oh, the shotgun. I'm belly laughing all over again just thinking about it. And I wasn't even there for that one.

I am one of the lucky ones that found the ice cream machine before Steve started hiding it, though. Good stuff.

Linda

Join in? We know where we sit in the summer but actually don't sit too long. Heading for Alaska Tuesday. It' amazing how fast the weathermen change the forecast.

What about having a winefest this winter? Marsha and Paul do it during the summer so why can't we do it during the winter. There are quite a few of us that will be close to the Phoenix area for a few months. If each person brought a "unique" bottle of wine for an area they visited during the summer, we could have our own wine tasting adventure. Thoughts?

I'm jealous, I would love to go to Alaska. We would do the winefest, even tho we don't drink wine, we would find something to bring.

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

I just made a post and it never posted. I sat there about 15 minutes doing nothing then the message cleared the post box but never showed up on the page. Now your going to wonter what I said forever.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I just made a post and it never posted. I sat there about 15 minutes doing nothing then the message cleared the post box but never showed up on the page. Now your going to wonter what I said forever.

Whatever it was, it had to be very enlightening. Maybe the post will return when the ice cream machine returns. Hope you are still doing great!!!!!

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Lee, you've got to stop writing those posts in invisible ink, you're hard enough to figure out when we can see your ramblings!! :rolleyes:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I turned on my MIFI so maybe this will stay on line long enough to write a post. Susanne started working on my trailer today it will probably take her at least a week. She can't work every day only about 3 a week. I'm in the Navion with a lot of junk that is waiting to put back in the trailer when its clean. But, it seems there is nothing in here I need to live with. When I get it back the way I had it before my Niece changed it to her place. I'll be a lot more at home. I don't have to do all the hand work now but I'm stuch with paper work catching up with all the mail doing the books. I got the Quarterly tax out of the way. Got the new license plates on the rigs. Changed all the Insurance to Hartfort and now payiny less than half the cost. Got a couple of unexpected bills I need to check on but have to wait till a monday. I didn't know I'd be so busy for giving away all my belongings but is beginning to see the end. I had to make a fast trip to town today and no friends were around so I drove myself. It felt good. the seizures are not effecting muscle working just being able to talk good. I think I'll start driving more often just using the back roads taking it slow and easy. I don't want to loose my driving skills by being totally inactive.

It felt good. the seizures are not effecting muscle working just being able to talk good. I think I'll start driving more often just using the back roads taking it slow and easy. I don't want to loose my driving skills by being totally inactive.

I'm so glad to hear that you're improving. That's great news. Hopefully you'll be feeling better and better too. Take it easy like you said and soon you'll be back where you should be.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I'm jealous, I would love to go to Alaska. We would do the winefest, even tho we don't drink wine, we would find something to bring.

First time in a few days that there was actually a "quote" box. I think a winefest is a great idea. Campers give us a lot of wine and we don't drink much so we will save it all up and bring it along. Also nephew Andrew's partner works at a winery and I am sure he would give us some nice Okanagan wine.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

It sounds to me like we have more non-wine drinkers than drinkers in this group so it ought to be one whale of a party for those who do drink. The rest will just eat. What's new about that? :)

Linda

First time in a few days that there was actually a "quote" box. I think a winefest is a great idea. Campers give us a lot of wine and we don't drink much so we will save it all up and bring it along. Also nephew Andrew's partner works at a winery and I am sure he would give us some nice Okanagan wine.

Toni, there might be a limit on how much you can bring over the border. We aren't big wine drinkers either but.........

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

well we are big wine drinkers so maybe we will have to put this on our agenda if we are nearby... moving on from Kansas today into Nebraska for a bit them over to Iowa... Anything fun to see or do in Omaha or Lincoln Nebraska - or anywhere in Iowa?

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

I put a kink in our plans a little yesterday. I mentioned before that we were waiting on a Ram truck to hit the ground at a dealer a couple hundred miles away so we could have it transfered to us in southern Oregon. I also might have mentioned that I was worried it might slow us down by waiting and getting it done up to tow behind the motorhome.

Soooo what did I do? I stopped in at a Ford dealer and we ended up ordering a Ford from the factory that will take between 6 & 8 weeks to get!!!! How is that for speeding thing sup LOL!!!! I might have also mentioned that I have always been a Ford guy but for some reason the Ram with the small diesel and 27mpg highway and 18mpg city 22mpg combined caught me interest. But after really looking at numbers and taking into consideration that most of our driving is slow countryside or in town driving with really little highway the numbers we would most likely REALLY see would be pretty close between the two.

The other reason for $$$, the Ford is normally much higher but by ordering one and putting on it what WE wanted and working hard on the numbers, driving away, getting a call, working harder on the numbers we got right down to where $$$ were close enough to call a wash and the real Ford guy came out and we signed papers LOL!!

As fulltimers we always say plans are made in Jell-o so instead of starting a slow move towards Colorado on July 5th we will hang around Oregon / Washington until the truck shows up hopefully between the 18th & 25th of July, get it fitted to tow behind the motorhome and make a faster run to Colorado to make out reservation dates on the 14th of August outside of Durango where we hope to see Roger & Lynn and Diane & Tom. We hope the truck comes in sooner to take away the rush but if it comes in later we will just need to change our "plans".

We have been looking at and toying with the idea of getting a truck since we got here a month ago but one of my faults is that I shop stuff to death which takes time. If I would have just done this when we first got here the truck would almost be here and it would be a none topic LOL!! Diane is a trooper for putting up with me at times.

Edited by hdrider

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I put a kink in our plans a little yesterday. I mentioned before that we were waiting on a Ram truck to hit the ground at a dealer a couple hundred miles away so we could have it transfered to us in southern Oregon. I also might have mentioned that I was worried it might slow us down by waiting and getting it done up to tow behind the motorhome.

Soooo what did I do? I stopped in at a Ford dealer and we ended up ordering a Ford from the factory that will take between 6 & 8 weeks to get!!!! How is that for speeding thing sup LOL!!!! I might have also mentioned that I have always been a Ford guy but for some reason the Ram with the small diesel and 27mpg highway and 18mpg city 22mpg combined caught me interest. But after really looking at numbers and taking into consideration that most of our driving is slow countryside or in town driving with really little highway the numbers we would most likely REALLY see would be pretty close between the two.

The other reason for $$$, the Ford is normally much higher but by ordering one and putting on it what WE wanted and working hard on the numbers, driving away, getting a call, working harder on the numbers we got right down to where $$$ were close enough to call a wash and the real Ford guy came out and we signed papers LOL!!

As fulltimers we always say plans are made in Jell-o so instead of starting a slow move towards Colorado on July 5th we will hang around Oregon / Washington until the truck shows up hopefully between the 18th & 25th of July, get it fitted to tow behind the motorhome and make a faster run to Colorado to make out reservation dates on the 8th of August outside of Durango where we hope to see Roger & Lynn and Diane & Tom. We hope the truck comes in sooner to take away the rush but if it comes in later we will just need to change our "plans".

We have been looking at and toying with the idea of getting a truck since we got here a month ago but one of my faults is that I shop stuff to death which takes time. If I would have just done this when we first got here the truck would almost be here and it would be a none topic LOL!! Diane is a trooper for putting up with me at times.

Congrats and Diane is a trooper! Okay, the big question is: does the color match the motor home? Lookin' forward to ridin' around the streets Durango in style... :P !!

Roger & Lynn Rempe