The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Finally have some internet. 5 months full time now and I love it! What a great life style. Thanks to everyone who posts in these forums for all the information, support and encouragement. This has been the easiest and most enjoyable transition I have ever made.

Traveling with Shadow and his rubber chicken.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We move near our "home base" yesterday. Time for Doctor appointments for all of us, furkids too. Hopefully 2 weeks will be enough.

My feet are hurting from all the walking in Canton at the fleamarket. No major purchases except for a stun gun for Tina to keep me in line. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yup, we to have started our move north to visit family & friends and Dr. appointments. We moved from Casa Grande on April first to Plomosa Road for 2 nights in Q. Then we made a move to Laughlin Nevada for 3 nights and will head to Pahrump in the morning for probably 2 or 3 nights.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We move near our "home base" yesterday. Time for Doctor appointments for all of us, furkids too. Hopefully 2 weeks will be enough.

My feet are hurting from all the walking in Canton at the fleamarket. No major purchases except for a stun gun for Tina to keep me in line. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

A stun gun for TINA? Is that to make you behave better? Canton is definitely huge!

Yup, we to have started our move north to visit family & friends and Dr. appointments. We moved from Casa Grande on April first to Plomosa Road for 2 nights in Q. Then we made a move to Laughlin Nevada for 3 nights and will head to Pahrump in the morning for probably 2 or 3 nights.

We don't start north for another ten days but I'm anxious. Weatherman says temperatures are going to creep up to close to 100!!!!!!!! That's too hot for me.

PS ... we ended up with the Phantom 2 Vision

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

A stun gun for TINA? Is that to make you behave better? Canton is definitely huge!

We don't start north for another ten days but I'm anxious. Weatherman says temperatures are going to creep up to close to 100!!!!!!!! That's too hot for me.

PS ... we ended up with the Phantom 2 Vision

Congrats!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine. A whole new world has just opened for you as far as photo's go.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Oh Oh, don't tell Carol, she'll want a diesel version with a Canon Mark II with a 500mm zoom!

We made it back to Norman Oklahoma and were lucky to get a spot at the fairgrounds. I think the only reason this spot was open was the 50A was not working. I know the maintenance guy here, and he came right out and fixed it. Lucked out there. We both caught colds in the driving and are laying low for a while to cough snort sneeze and exorcise this bug from our systems. Had good driving weather most of the way after a small blizzard near Clines Corners, and the bus did great, so at least all of that went well.

I did pretty good against my sister and her husband on the brackets, but Oklahoma sure fizzled out at the end. :( Now to get this bus cleaned up and presentable after all the snow and drizzle. Nah, take a nap instead!! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, it finally happened. I've been "camping" for about 55 years And for the first time we had items stolen from our site (other than the beer that seems to disappear outta the cooler)! Not sure if staying at an Elks qualifies as a campground however. We pulled into the Fayetteville Elks Monday and after awhile I noticed a diesel odor and looked under the rig. Sure enough, there was a 12" wide puddle and a very slow drip. Made an appointment to replace a hose and of course getting repairs on the road is always an adventure in it's self and that's another story. After backing out of the site we placed our folding table and portable entry step in the middle to let others know that it's occupied. After the all day fun and driving in 5:00 traffic we returned to find our site unoccupied but missing said items. They did leave us the door mat but, must've really needed those $100 steps. Glad I didn't set out more items! :unsure:

On to Branson tomorrow. Sounds like there's a lot of moving going on out there...stay safe!

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well, it finally happened. I've been "camping" for about 55 years And for the first time we had items stolen from our site (other than the beer that seems to disappear outta the cooler)! Not sure if staying at an Elks qualifies as a campground however. We pulled into the Fayetteville Elks Monday and after awhile I noticed a diesel odor and looked under the rig. Sure enough, there was a 12" wide puddle and a very slow drip. Made an appointment to replace a hose and of course getting repairs on the road is always an adventure in it's self and that's another story. After backing out of the site we placed our folding table and portable entry step in the middle to let others know that it's occupied. After the all day fun and driving in 5:00 traffic we returned to find our site unoccupied but missing said items. They did leave us the door mat but, must've really needed those $100 steps. Glad I didn't set out more items! :unsure:

On to Branson tomorrow. Sounds like there's a lot of moving going on out there...stay safe!

Roger

Anyone else at the Elks or were you the lone "camper"? We've been lucky so far too and never had anything stolen. I hope saying that doesn't jinx us. We haven't done Branson in years but did do Pigeon Forge last fall. I envy you your next adventure there ! Have fun.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Anyone else at the Elks or were you the lone "camper"? We've been lucky so far too and never had anything stolen. I hope saying that doesn't jinx us. We haven't done Branson in years but did do Pigeon Forge last fall. I envy you your next adventure there ! Have fun.

They advertise four sites but, in reality there's only room for two and you'd have to get creative parking the second rig. That being the case, there was one motor home that was there dry camping for the night that was gone when we returned. It was an expensive big rig and don't suspect them but, you never know. Since it's in a high traffic area, I think it's likely that it was others. There's a pond and playground nearby which might attract somebody.

You have a safe and fun trip back to Washington!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

They advertise four sites but, in reality there's only room for two and you'd have to get creative parking the second rig. That being the case, there was one motor home that was there dry camping for the night that was gone when we returned. It was an expensive big rig and don't suspect them but, you never know. Since it's in a high traffic area, I think it's likely that it was others. There's a pond and playground nearby which might attract somebody.

You have a safe and fun trip back to Washington!

R

A thief is a thief for sure. I'm anxious to hit the road but with Terry's brother flying in Sunday, we need to hang around an extra few days. The trip to Washington will just be travel, travel, travel so I can't say it'll be much fun. Enjoy Branson !

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Roger

Damn thieves. I saw a bike get stolen at one campground (un-knowingly) and had my bike seat stolen at the same campground. We will be staying at the same campground while visiting friends and doing the DR. thing in about 3 weeks and our bikes will be going to storage while there. I sometimes feel funny running cables and locks on our items at every,,, EVERY campground we stay at BUT!!! Sorry you had this happen guys.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

We left a table cloth on a site's picnic table. When we returned it was gone and the neighbors kept an eye on us so we think they took it. It didn't feel worth a confrontation, though.

We bought a collapsible traffic cone at a truck stop and used a sharpie to write on it that we would be back. That stayed around. Maybe because people thought the parks had put it out to mark a damaged site? You'd pretty much have to have already picked it up to read the writing so, if a potential thief never got that close...

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We left a table cloth on a site's picnic table. When we returned it was gone and the neighbors kept an eye on us so we think they took it. It didn't feel worth a confrontation, though.

We bought a collapsible traffic cone at a truck stop and used a sharpie to write on it that we would be back. That stayed around. Maybe because people thought the parks had put it out to mark a damaged site? You'd pretty much have to have already picked it up to read the writing so, if a potential thief never got that close...

Linda

Collapsible eh? That's a great idea Linda and it would come in handy if you broke down on the roadside. I like multi-function!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

We have managed our campground for 3 years now. We have worked here 5 years. In all those years we have had only one thing stolen. A hammock and that was just silly as the campers put it way up in the forest above the campground. So sorry Roger.

I wanted to mention though, it is campground policy that if someone who is not registered yet, puts a chair, cooler or tablecloth on a site and then disappears for the day, when they come back we will have it. Once we had someone use 8 x 11" paper to mark 4 prime sites "reserved to .... be back tomorrow." Sure fellow!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We have managed our campground for 3 years now. We have worked here 5 years. In all those years we have had only one thing stolen. A hammock and that was just silly as the campers put it way up in the forest above the campground. So sorry Roger.

I wanted to mention though, it is campground policy that if someone who is not registered yet, puts a chair, cooler or tablecloth on a site and then disappears for the day, when they come back we will have it. Once we had someone use 8 x 11" paper to mark 4 prime sites "reserved to .... be back tomorrow." Sure fellow!

That's poor campground etiquette on their part!

We just rolled into the SKP at Branson, Mo and fortunately we don't need the extra step for now. But, some places can be a real stretch. It's not so much the money thing although it is kinda. We'd just bought it this past year after the last one broke. It's more that now I can't say that "I've never had anything stolen in a campground". I suppose that I should consider ourselves lucky until now. <_<

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Collapsible eh? That's a great idea Linda and it would come in handy if you broke down on the roadside. I like multi-function!

R

Yup. It rode in the compartment inside the driver's door making it very convenient to use. When I spent a month living in a private parking lot, I bought a second one so I could put one at each end of my drive-through spot to reserve it for me when I went off somewhere. That one rode inside the back door of my conversion van. But, don't drive over them, the base breaks very easily. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not so good news gang. I've been in the Hospital since Monday. I've suffered a stroke. It has killed a large area in the lower left rear lobe of my brain. It hasn't caused any problem with loss of function that has shown up yet but it is triggering Seizures. I've had about 20 in the past 4 days. The bad news is I won't be able to drive for 6 monthes after the last seizure. And they are still going. When I have a seizure there is no twitching etc. The muscle reaction is over in about a minute. But, it leaves me unable to talk and form sentences. I recover my speach within an hour and every thing is as before. However I've noticed I've completely lost a few words which I think was caused by the stroke. I'm going to leave the decisions up to my Nieses and will give them plenty of time to think about it so I don't know yet where I'm going or if I'll stay here and hire someone to keep tabs on me and make sure I don't stink up the place. I have plenty of support here so I'm not worried about drivers, helpers, or even housekeeping. I got alternate plans to take care of the Iowa trip. Right now I'll just let the planning get do without rushing it. When I get settled a bit I'll start posting regularly again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee - If you need us for anything, we are only a few hundred miles away. So, sorry to hear what you're going through. We thought you were probably up in the mountains since we hadn't heard from you. Take care and keep us posted as much as you can.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Terry & Jeri

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Roger

Not so good news gang. I've been in the Hospital since Monday. I've suffered a stroke. It has killed a large area in the lower left rear lobe of my brain. It hasn't caused any problem with loss of function that has shown up yet but it is triggering Seizures. I've had about 20 in the past 4 days. The bad news is I won't be able to drive for 6 monthes after the last seizure. And they are still going. When I have a seizure there is no twitching etc. The muscle reaction is over in about a minute. But, it leaves me unable to talk and form sentences. I recover my speach within an hour and every thing is as before. However I've noticed I've completely lost a few words which I think was caused by the stroke. I'm going to leave the decisions up to my Nieses and will give them plenty of time to think about it so I don't know yet where I'm going or if I'll stay here and hire someone to keep tabs on me and make sure I don't stink up the place. I have plenty of support here so I'm not worried about drivers, helpers, or even housekeeping. I got alternate plans to take care of the Iowa trip. Right now I'll just let the planning get do without rushing it. When I get settled a bit I'll start posting regularly again.

So sorry to hear this, Lee! Take care of yourself, and know that we are thinking of you! Sending good wishes, Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Well hell Lee, we are sorry to hear about your luck. We hope you get past this bump in the road soon.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500