The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Wow! You were not at fault but they aren't making it good?!!! This life has really not been fair to you any which way.

Years ago we were forced to sell a mobile home for less than we owed on it so we do understand your pain. Hopefully you will be able to get better apartment than we were able to get at that time. We did eventually get out of the hole and I'm sure you will too but life can be rough in the meantime. Wishing you good fortune in the future; it's definitely your turn.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linda and Ed, my feeling about your latest fate have been well stated by the other class members. However, In life some of our most devastating events end up being the best thing that ever happened. I'd like to relate an event that happened to me on my first break in service after coming home from Japan after WWII. I had found a job and was doing well. So I bought a new pickup truck. A couple months later the economy crashed and I lost my job with no others to be had. I found a young man to take over my truck because I couldn't make the payments. We went to the bank that carried the loan and they handled the transfer. That evening the guy raced one of his buddies to Winslow and burnt up the engine in the new truck. His father was a board member in the bank. The bank destroyed the paperwork on the truck to make it look like the transfer never happened. I was stuck with a truck with a burned out engine without a job and the bank was calling me every day about the payments. I declared bankruptcy and swore to myself I'd never buy another thing on credit. As time went by and times got better I had saved up a pretty good emergency fund but wouldn't put the money in a bank because I no longer trusted any bank. I started investing because I was afraid of keeping that much money in my house. Between my learning how to save and the stock market I now am very financially secure. Looking back if it hadn't been for the bad experience with the truck and bank I never would have saved anything or started investing. So you see dark clouds can have a silver lining.

I'll be leaving Organ Pipe in the morning and going back up to Ajo where I can get TV to watch the Super Bowl. I had planned on coming back down here after the game for another week but the weather in Deming looks like it is warming up so I may stay a couple more days in Ajo then head forn Deming.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Linda and Ed, my feeling about your latest fate have been well stated by the other class members. However, In life some of our most devastating events end up being the best thing that ever happened. I'd like to relate an event that happened to me on my first break in service after coming home from Japan after WWII. I had found a job and was doing well. So I bought a new pickup truck. A couple months later the economy crashed and I lost my job with no others to be had. I found a young man to take over my truck because I couldn't make the payments. We went to the bank that carried the loan and they handled the transfer. That evening the guy raced one of his buddies to Winslow and burnt up the engine in the new truck. His father was a board member in the bank. The bank destroyed the paperwork on the truck to make it look like the transfer never happened. I was stuck with a truck with a burned out engine without a job and the bank was calling me every day about the payments. I declared bankruptcy and swore to myself I'd never buy another thing on credit. As time went by and times got better I had saved up a pretty good emergency fund but wouldn't put the money in a bank because I no longer trusted any bank. I started investing because I was afraid of keeping that much money in my house. Between my learning how to save and the stock market I now am very financially secure. Looking back if it hadn't been for the bad experience with the truck and bank I never would have saved anything or started investing. So you see dark clouds can have a silver lining.

I'll be leaving Organ Pipe in the morning and going back up to Ajo where I can get TV to watch the Super Bowl. I had planned on coming back down here after the game for another week but the weather in Deming looks like it is warming up so I may stay a couple more days in Ajo then head forn Deming.

Thanks Lee,

I am sure there is a silver lining in all of this. Saw a motorhome yesterday with the whole back end burnt to a crisp. At least we have all of our stuff! Always someone worse off than that.

My name was not on the motorhome, so unless the finance company will work with us, he will declare bankruptcy.

Everyone stay safe out there.

Linda and Ed

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Linda - Terry's brother is an attorney in Virginia. He just called him. I'm not sure what you've negotiated with the insurance company but he said there are lots of things you can do. Don't give up yet. One is don't accept insurance until you've negotiated best worth. Get 3 bids and never settle for theirs but you may have done this or even asked for replacement vehicle. Also, add anything extra or new. Third, go back to trucking company for loss of usage plus. He seemed to think you could come out whole. They probably would settle out of court.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

On a much lighter note.

GO BRONCOS!!!! Peyton who?

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Here ya go Jeff...enjoy!

Peyton Manning is the worst quarterback to ever start a Super Bowl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peyton-manning-is-the-worst-quarterback-to-ever-start-a-super-bowl/ar-BBp206A?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=ASUDHP

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Here ya go Jeff...enjoy!

Peyton Manning is the worst quarterback to ever start a Super Bowl

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peyton-manning-is-the-worst-quarterback-to-ever-start-a-super-bowl/ar-BBp206A?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=ASUDHP

I'm not surprised at all. He has to win the Super Bowl to even his won/loss record in the playoffs. Hoping the Denver defense has many meetings in the Panther back field with Cam and no Denver turnovers.

GO BRONCOS!!!! Peyton Who?

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I'm not surprised at all. He has to win the Super Bowl to even his won/loss record in the playoffs. Hoping the Denver defense has many meetings in the Panther back field with Cam and no Denver turnovers.

GO BRONCOS!!!! Peyton Who?

We'll be rootin' for the poor ol' guy but, it doesn't look promising!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Linda and Ed - I am just sick about this for you guys. It's hard to believe that they aren't going to make you whole on this. Wishing you guys all the best. You'll always be a part of our family.

We won't be in Virginia for long. The plan is to eventually move west to Arizona or Nevada. Know of any good apartment complexes in Apache Junction???

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We won't be in Virginia for long. The plan is to eventually move west to Arizona or Nevada. Know of any good apartment complexes in Apache Junction???

Sounds like a good plan...we'll see you out there! Don't know about apartments there but, we'll ask around. Good luck guys...

Roger & Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I moved back up to Ajo today so I can watch the Panthers completely shred the Broncos tomorrow. Who is that Payton guy???

The cowgirl that is in the site next to me came over while I was setting up. She had just bought a new rig up in Quartzsite. I remember seeing her at the LOWs spaghetti dinner in Q but I didn't know her. She was asking questions about my rig so I offered to show her the inside. We sat on the couch and talked for the next two hours. Cowgirl Margie, who was here, called me about 4 days ago and said she was moving up to Picasso Peak state park. So she is gone. I think I'll stay here until wednesday then head for Deming to catch up on my mail which I havent sent for since I left there in December. Plus I have a zillion things I want to order for this rig plus the only sure thing, It's that time of year again, taxes.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We enjoyed spending some time with Jeri and Terry while we are here in Wauchula. They had to move on to see Harry Potter and I think the hectic pace of Wauchula was getting to them. LOL The old Jeep is going to get a lot of miles on it while we stay here for the month.

Not that I'm superstitious but we'll be eating the same thing today as we've eaten for the other Bronco playoff games. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

We enjoyed spending some time with Jeri and Terry while we are here in Wauchula. They had to move on to see Harry Potter and I think the hectic pace of Wauchula was getting to them. LOL The old Jeep is going to get a lot of miles on it while we stay here for the month.

Not that I'm superstitious but we'll be eating the same thing today as we've eaten for the other Bronco playoff games. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Egads, Jeff. How old is that food you're eating? Be careful you don't get sick on it. :)

Wauchula certainly had a hectic pace. I understand the extra miles on the Jeep. You gotta get out of Wauchula because there isn't much there.

Perhaps, we'll see you back on the road. We're going to track down a Sonny's BBQ today because we're hungry for brisket! Put some more miles on that Jeep and come up and join us!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Egads, Jeff. How old is that food you're eating? Be careful you don't get sick on it. :)

Wauchula certainly had a hectic pace. I understand the extra miles on the Jeep. You gotta get out of Wauchula because there isn't much there.

Perhaps, we'll see you back on the road. We're going to track down a Sonny's BBQ today because we're hungry for brisket! Put some more miles on that Jeep and come up and join us!

Sonny's sounds good but Tina deemed today as laundry day. We'll be having a "HOT and Ready" pizza from Lil Ceasers. It's done the trick the last 2 games.

Maybe we could meet for lunch again somewhere in between. If not we'll see you on the road.

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I give up watching football again. Congrats go to the Bronco's Defense. I wasted the whole day on football. The Panther Defense was pretty darn good also but turn overs on offense killed them. I guess I'll turn off the TV for another 8 years. I sure hope Manning retires now on a high note before he gets busted up and disgraced for going beyond his time. He is too old to keep playing. His play today was fine in that he didn't make any big mistakes and let the Defense win the game but he was not effective on offense and another full season would make him a looser if not an invalid. Too many great quarter backs have tried to play too long and had to be let go or worse been busted up so bad they can't enjoy the rest of their life.

Lee don't give up just yet. The Panthers will be back. I know how you feel after a Super Bowl loss as my Broncos have a 3-5 record in Super Bowls. The Bronco defense had an fantastic game and Peyton didn't lose the game with turnovers. It feels good to have them win instead of embarrassing themselves as they have done in the past.

GO BRONCOS - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!! Peyton who? Please retire on top. Make room for Brock.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I give up watching football again. Congrats go to the Bronco's Defense. I wasted the whole day on football. The Panther Defense was pretty darn good also but turn overs on offense killed them. I guess I'll turn off the TV for another 8 years. I sure hope Manning retires now on a high note before he gets busted up and disgraced for going beyond his time. He is too old to keep playing. His play today was fine in that he didn't make any big mistakes and let the Defense win the game but he was not effective on offense and another full season would make him a looser if not an invalid. Too many great quarter backs have tried to play too long and had to be let go or worse been busted up so bad they can't enjoy the rest of their life.

You summed up that game very well Lee...two great defenses taking the offenses out of it.

The NFL has become all about entertainment. Sometimes it seems like they've combined pro wrestling with it as far as all the hype and trash talk. It ain't your father's football. The money and the owners holding cities hostage for new stadiums is way too much.

That being said, I'll still keep rooting for my Packers. The true America's team that is owned by it's fans!

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Well dang, we have been hanging out here in Q for right at 5 weeks now and I think it's time to make a move. Maybe to the Painted Rocks outside of Gila Bend for a few days but I think we need to have hookups for a night or two before boondocking again. Didn't I read here where someone stayed at the small park behind the Shell station in Gila Bend? If so is it a good enough spot for a night or two to do laundry and take on fresh water?

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

You summed up that game very well Lee...two great defenses taking the offenses out of it.

The NFL has become all about entertainment. Sometimes it seems like they've combined pro wrestling with it as far as all the hype and trash talk. It ain't your father's football. The money and the owners holding cities hostage for new stadiums is way too much.

That being said, I'll still keep rooting for my Packers. The true America's team that is owned by it's fans!

Roger

AMEN, and I have said for years that the NFL knows before the start of the season who will win the super bowl. :ph34r:

Joe

A Packer Stockholder

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Being a die hard KC fan I didn't have a horse in this race but really wanted Carolina to win I guess because Denver has always given KC such grief being in the same division and all. But on he flip side I was sort of rooting for the old man to pull it off (IF THIS IS HIS LAST SEASON). But when Newton didn't jump on that fumbled ball near the end I figured to heck with him, he didn't want it bad enough so really didn't deserve it. In my mind it really was a fairly poor game and the ad's were a disappointment as well.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png