The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I am hoping that the fairgounds has a place to dump with a blueboy and fill with a bladder. I would hate to travel from Benson with a extra #800 of water in the tank. Any ideas where to fill closer?

We're wondering the same thing when we leave. We should be empty when we arrive but trying to figure out where to dump afterwards is our question. Maybe someone has an idea.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're wondering the same thing when we leave. We should be empty when we arrive but trying to figure out where to dump afterwards is our question. Maybe someone has an idea.

Tucson is the worst place for dumping and filling. We have never found an actual free dump. We usually go to an RV park and stay a night/or not, to dump. Also remember it is against the law in Arizona to refuse to give anyone water. We have pulled into an RV park with our bladder and just asked and they haven't charged us.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Tucson is the worst place for dumping and filling. We have never found an actual free dump. We usually go to an RV park and stay a night/or not, to dump. Also remember it is against the law in Arizona to refuse to give anyone water. We have pulled into an RV park with our bladder and just asked and they haven't charged us.

There are a couple. Try this link. http://www.sanidumps.com/rvdumpscity.php?citynum=583&city=Tucson&cityradius=1

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I made it back to Deming and was greeted with strong winds and chilly temperatures. I can't win for loosing. I'll give you more when I get settled.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Ron, I'm not sure if you are talking to me, because no one has parked near me for more then a day or so and they are more then a 100 feet away. What location are you at? I'm at the BLM site at mile marker 194 north of Lake Havasu. I'm in the Fuzion 5th wheel with yellow dune buggy parked by it, there are a couple of Fuzion toy haulers here.

Hey Dennis. Wrong Fusion. I was trying to hurry and get parked and the truck was still in the road. Some guy got mad cause I was in his way. The he pulled through some rough terrain to pull his fusion out. Said I was blocking the road. Well I just rebooted and went to bullhead city. Parked along the banks of the Colorado River for a couple of days.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with that guy. Don't think that all Fuzion owners are like that. LOL

I'm not sure what BLM site you are talking about, because I only seen one other Fuzion 5th wheel here and he is still there.

Here's to better times ahead......

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

It's nice to be typing with all my fingers again. I did a temporary setup on my USB WiFi antenna so I can use the parks WiFi. I don't want to set up the mast for it because I have to take this rig in to get it ready for the trip to the Carolina's soon. This place is the same as when I left. Everyone mad at the new Manager. I don't have my trailer all set up yet but I'm getting there. Today I took the little trailer in to have the breaks adjusted. It turned out that the breaks had been replaced before I bought it and were never seated in. A trip around the block hitting the break then letting it cool and hitting it again to get the pads worn down to fit the drum and it works fine now. The Mexican boy that packed the wheels told us today that when he checked the pads they looked new. So that answers that. After getting the little trailer back I went to Wally world and filled up the frig again. I had it empty as Mother Hubbard's cupboard. I ran out of water in my tank during the night. So this morning I had to get up in the cold and go out and fill the tank. Brrrrrr There was white frost on my truck and on everything I touched. However, I only got to 33 degrees so nothing really froze except me. Tomorrow I must go get a hair cut (all of them, matter of fact) It's so long I'm ashamed to go into a restaurant looking like this. Then when I get back I'll hook up and re-level my trailer I just pulled in and let the Maintenance man unhook me yesterday. I didn't plug in or hook up the hoses. I just went in and took a Steve. After driving 360 miles I was pooped. Tonight I went out and spotted the comet but didn't spend much time out there in the chilly night. If I ever get all the work done on the trailers I'll start working on my income tax. That should be fun. :( then hopefully I can take the little trailer up to City of Rock for a few days before its time to head east.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

My van is now officially sold and on its way to its new home in California. If you think you see it out there, go introduce yourself to Joanna and tell her I said, "hi."

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I didn't do much today except get my hair cut. It sure makes me feel a lot better. I looked in the mirror and actually recognized the guy in there. I worked on my iPad trying to find out why it uses up all my data. Never did find any smoking gun. I installed a VPN secure line on it just in case. I also left it in my shop and brought the windows 8.1 computer to the trailer so iPad will be used on the WiFi in the park and not on my Jet Pak. Then I got real serious and took a Steve. Oh Yeah, last night I spotted the Lovejoy comet with my binos just to see If I could find it here with all the light pollution. I found it right off the bat. Now I'll start trying to get may tax stuff together.

Lee, you need to come out here to Havasu. The rodeo grounds where the fireworks are being held keep most of their lights off in the camping area so you can see the show better. Nice and dark unless you happen to catch a glint of light from a campfire reflecting off a glass of cranberry juice. :rolleyes:

We had a great time yesterday as we rented two boats and invaded the beautiful Colorado river. Went under London Bridge a few times and found a great beach to have lunch. We spent all day out there and were properly sun tanned (burned) to show for it. Then we had a Quesadillas & margagata supper before the fireworks. Even a campfire to finish off the day. Needless to say we are all moving around quietly and slowly today. Great fun!! :P More fireworks tonight (whew)!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, you need to come out here to Havasu. The rodeo grounds where the fireworks are being held keep most of their lights off in the camping area so you can see the show better. Nice and dark unless you happen to catch a glint of light from a campfire reflecting off a glass of cranberry juice. :rolleyes:

We had a great time yesterday as we rented two boats and invaded the beautiful Colorado river. Went under London Bridge a few times and found a great beach to have lunch. We spent all day out there and were properly sun tanned (burned) to show for it. Then we had a Quesadillas & margagata supper before the fireworks. Even a campfire to finish off the day. Needless to say we are all moving around quietly and slowly today. Great fun!! :P More fireworks tonight (whew)!!

That don't sound like being very dark to me with Fireworks and campfires. As for your Properly tanned condition, I'll come out and rub salt into it. It won't take the fire out but if someone decides to eat you after your well baked you'll taste better.

I did some cooking today. eeeeek what has become of me??? I fried up 2 lbs of hamburger with onions to add to my zapped veggies for dinner every night. I don't mind the cooking so much but the cleanup afterwards is a bummer. I cook the stuff outside on my Coleman stove to keep the crease at bay but cleaning up all the dishes and utensils after wards is for the birds. I drove out to St Clair winery to see if they made any Pecan Blush wine this year and drat it, not a drop. I ended up buying 2 bottles of Lescombes Pinot Noir at 18 bucks a bottle. It's good stuff but I sure won't be making a habit out of drinking anything that expensive. Other than forgetting it was Saturday and going to a few places that don't open on the weekend that about accounts for my Day.

We have successful fulfilled our obligations at Rovers' Roost. Many many kudos. Hard work but very appreciated.

We are now visiting Sandie and Jim in their park in Apache Junction. Visits set up with Terry and Jeri and Paul and Rod before we are on our way on Thursday.

We will only be traveling north from now on but are taking our time. Be back in British Columbia about March 20th.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

A pretty slow day today, I took my walk then glued one of my wheel blocks back together. Then spent half the day trying to find my wire connectors which ended up being right where they were supposed to be. Dah. It's been cloudy and a little windy today and is supposed to get worse tomorrow. Oh for some of that nice Organ Pipe weather again. Oh well I'll catch up on my reading when the weather is bad. I have a few things planed for tomorrow if I can't think up a good reason to forget about them.

Toni and Doug, Have a safe trip home.

Hey guys the fastest way to kill our forum is to NOT POST. I'm sure you can think up some non sense to write about. Make it a habit. Pick on Steve if everything else fails. I'll try to get back to the TID BITS as soon as I get some of this work done around here and have time to read all the Astronomy news. But until then you'll just have to weather my daily doings.

IYQ - I'm lazy!! Okay so let's see what can I say? -

(1) We got back from the RootsTech convention in Salt Lake City yesterday and still trying to catch our breathe. (2) A bunch of us are getting together for an early dinner tomorrow. (3) Visited with Terry's cousin today who flew in from Omaha (4) Weather was nice -- not too hot, not too cold (5) Watching Blacklist on Netflix in a minute (6) We picked up our first inflatable kayak today at Terry's mom's. It came while we were gone. (7) Two more weeks and we're heading out of the spot we've kept warm for 3 months.

That's my post. Does it work?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

IYQ - I'm lazy!! Okay so let's see what can I say? -

(1) We got back from the RootsTech convention in Salt Lake City yesterday and still trying to catch our breathe. (2) A bunch of us are getting together for an early dinner tomorrow. (3) Visited with Terry's cousin today who flew in from Omaha (4) Weather was nice -- not too hot, not too cold (5) Watching Blacklist on Netflix in a minute (6) We picked up our first inflatable kayak today at Terry's mom's. It came while we were gone. (7) Two more weeks and we're heading out of the spot we've kept warm for 3 months.

That's my post. Does it work?

Great now all we have to do is grab everyone else by the hair of the head and shake them into following suit.

Here's my update: Sold my RV so I probably don't even belong on this forum anymore. I'm still in Durham, North Carolina, where the are predicting snow tomorrow. Now that I said a cuss word I better go hide.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Here's my update: Sold my RV so I probably don't even belong on this forum anymore. I'm still in Durham, North Carolina, where the are predicting snow tomorrow. Now that I said a cuss word I better go hide.

Linda Sand

Ahhh, We'll let you stay in the group even if you are one of those goofy stick and brick people now. LOL I'm sure glad I'm not in NC now. If it's snowing in the Durham area no telling what is happening up in my area at the foot of Grandfather Mountain.

Here's our update. We are still in the Mobile Alabama area. Had our generator serviced last week and found out the burner assembly on our furnace had a split it in, and had that fixed. Tuesday we are getting 6 new tires since we found that the bands have broken on the front right tire. Putting the FMCA Michelin tire program to good use. Camping World (where the service was done) wanted $614 for a tire. FMCA program price is $399. BIG difference!!!

The reason I haven't been posting is for some reason my password was lost and I had a HECK of a time getting it changed.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Ahhh, We'll let you stay in the group even if you are one of those goofy stick and brick people now. LOL I'm sure glad I'm not in NC now. If it's snowing in the Durham area no telling what is happening up in my area at the foot of Grandfather Mountain.

Linda, I can only parrot what Lee said and I'm sure that I can speak for most of "the Classless" when I say: Once Classless, always Classless! Kinda like the Mafia...you can't leave that either...LOL!

Well, Lynn and I had high hopes for a repair free 2015 but, it seems that our freezer has other plans. Not long after arriving in Coolidge, AZ last week I noticed the temp hovering around the 30 degree mark. Checked for the obvious but, ended up calling the local yokel mobile RV mechanic. He's been out twice taking reads, poking around and scratching is head. Said he'd get back but, haven't heard anything from him over the weekend and I'll give another call back this a.m. to see if he'll answer. At least the fridge and ice maker still works so, the beer is still cold. Been eating a lot of thawed out food lately. On the bright side (where I like to abide) we didn't need a tow...LOL!

Headed to Picacho Peak St Pk for two weeks on Wednesday and then meeting Jeri & Terry in Tucson for the Escapade. Can anyone recommend a good RV repairman near Tucson that can "scratch where it itches" just in case my current guy can't? :(

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Linda, I can only parrot what Lee said and I'm sure that I can speak for most of "the Classless" when I say: Once Classless, always Classless! Kinda like the Mafia...you can't leave that either...LOL!

Well, Lynn and I had high hopes for a repair free 2015 but, it seems that our freezer has other plans. Not long after arriving in Coolidge, AZ last week I noticed the temp hovering around the 30 degree mark. Checked for the obvious but, ended up calling the local yokel mobile RV mechanic. He's been out twice taking reads, poking around and scratching is head. Said he'd get back but, haven't heard anything from him over the weekend and I'll give another call back this a.m. to see if he'll answer. At least the fridge and ice maker still works so, the beer is still cold. Been eating a lot of thawed out food lately. On the bright side (where I like to abide) we didn't need a tow...LOL!

Headed to Picacho Peak St Pk for two weeks on Wednesday and then meeting Jeri & Terry in Tucson for the Escapade. Can anyone recommend a good RV repairman near Tucson that can "scratch where it itches" just in case my current guy can't? :(

Roger

That's a good way to put it Roger .. Once classless, always classless (unless you recently got class?). Linda, you're in as long as you keep posting on the forum to keep us updated. :)

Ouch! More repairs!! We certainly aren't any help there.

Freddy and Delcie are going to be meeting us too at the Escapade!! I'm wondering if any of us will learn anything??

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

at the Escapade!! I'm wondering if any of us will learn anything??

We never have before, Why start Now??