The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Julie -- We were going to invite you over for breakfast before we hit the road tomorrow .... biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, fresh squeezed orange juice and fruit. However, since you're fasting we've cancelled the feast.

We've had a great time in Deming and really had some fabulous meals. Our refrigerator is filled with leftovers. We discussed everything and everybody and even came up with tentative plans for our get together in 2015. We figured if everyone would mark their calendar early and plan on it, we could have another great turnout. So, think about marking your calendars for January 25th to about January 30th. The 25th is the last day of the Big Tent and because of that date conflicts with other groups shouldn't be a problem. We also thought that Plomosa Road might be emptying out and and we could find a perfect spot for 4 or 5 days of festivities with special meals every night ... you know how that goes ... Mexican, hot dogs, italian and a few others thrown in. It's also a little later which gives folks extra time to make it to "Q". Any thoughts?

Tomorrow we move towards Tucson.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got to move out pin out of Benson - looking at window of time to head to Denver - then on to Omaha. We are now in Deming - Great Pizza and Pasta with Lee, Jerri and Terry - Plus even better conversation. Then we got to see Lee's shop - he is so organized - can not get over that he had all those tools in the back of his truck!

Oh and before we left Benson we had one more dinner with Dave and Nancy at Mi Casa!!!

I think I need to fast for a day! Not that I will !!!

Julie, we'll be at Cherry Creek 5/12 for a week then Boyd Lake in Loveland for 2 weeks. Not sure where before that though. Megan should get an ok Friday so we'll head for Big Bend Nat Park again on Monday. Don't know for how long then north toward Colorado.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I'm sitting here marveling on how great it is to have such fine guest to share pizza with and make up stories about the rest of you who where not there. Now if you feel bad about that you can stop by and visit me also and we'll talk about those who are not there at that time. Bring an apatite.

It sure was nice to talk with Jeri, Terry, Julie and Mike. With friends like that I consider myself a very rich man even if they didn't pay me a quarter for saying that. Many happy miles, you guys.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Julie -- We were going to invite you over for breakfast before we hit the road tomorrow .... biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, fresh squeezed orange juice and fruit. However, since you're fasting we've cancelled the feast.

We've had a great time in Deming and really had some fabulous meals. Our refrigerator is filled with leftovers. We discussed everything and everybody and even came up with tentative plans for our get together in 2015. We figured if everyone would mark their calendar early and plan on it, we could have another great turnout. So, think about marking your calendars for January 25th to about January 30th. The 25th is the last day of the Big Tent and because of that date conflicts with other groups shouldn't be a problem. We also thought that Plomosa Road might be emptying out and and we could find a perfect spot for 4 or 5 days of festivities with special meals every night ... you know how that goes ... Mexican, hot dogs, italian and a few others thrown in. It's also a little later which gives folks extra time to make it to "Q". Any thoughts?

Sounds ok to me, just have to make sure it doesn't interfer with my Mexico Fishing Trip. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Great plan! Doug gives it 6 thumbs up. We will be there.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Sounds like a plan to me. I can go a couple of days early and stay with my LOW friends on Plamosa Road then move to the classless bunch and scarf up on all those good meals. And, above all the crowds will be thinned down after the big tent closes.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We discussed everything and everybody and even came up with tentative plans for our get together in 2015. We figured if everyone would mark their calendar early and plan on it, we could have another great turnout. So, think about marking your calendars for January 25th to about January 30th. The 25th is the last day of the Big Tent and because of that date conflicts with other groups shouldn't be a problem. We also thought that Plomosa Road might be emptying out and and we could find a perfect spot for 4 or 5 days of festivities with special meals every night ... you know how that goes ... Mexican, hot dogs, italian and a few others thrown in. It's also a little later which gives folks extra time to make it to "Q". Any thoughts?

I like the idea of reducing conflicts with others if I get there next year. I'll put those dates on my calendar.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Just hit the ground at Three Lakes RV Resort near Hudson, FL.

Hope you get the slide seal fixed Roger.

Keep throwin' caulk at it to no avail...at least it doesn't leak with the slide in! Hoping to get that seal replaced when we're at the old homestead.
Rolled into Nawlens yesterday and looking forward to visiting the French Quarter. “Laissez les bons temps rouler”(let the good times roll)!
Count us in at Q next January...can't wait to see y'all again and enjoy the dry SW air!
Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Keep throwin' caulk at it to no avail...at least it doesn't leak with the slide in!

You didn't need that slide to go back out anyway. LOL!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Roger, while you're there collecting beads, try a hamburger at the "Port of Call" restaurant. It's quite the place and the burgers are great!! A unique experience. We had a blast last year riding our bikes around the French quarter. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

You didn't need that slide to go back out anyway. LOL!

Kinda true...it only takes up about 18" inside!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Roger, while you're there collecting beads, try a hamburger at the "Port of Call" restaurant. It's quite the place and the burgers are great!! A unique experience. We had a blast last year riding our bikes around the French quarter. Steve

Walked down Bourbon St yesterday about 3:00 P.M. The "creatures" were already making an appearance. I'd post pics but, probably be censored! And to think that I thought Vegas was wild.

Thanks for the burger tip Steve...maybe check it out today?

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Walked down Bourbon St yesterday about 3:00 P.M. The "creatures" were already making an appearance. I'd post pics but, probably be censored! And to think that I thought Vegas was wild.

Thanks for the burger tip Steve...maybe check it out today?

Roger

Well have a good time!! An let us know if Lynn transforms into one of those creatures before you're very eye's LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I guess I have been sipping the vanishing cream lately. Sorry about that but I've been occupied with really important stuff like falling to sleep in my chair and chasing Cowgirls.

IYQ hasn't posted anything for a couple of days. Lee, are you OK?

Linda

That depends on who you ask. If you ask me I'm fabulous.

Well have a good time!! An let us know if Lynn transforms into one of those creatures before you're very eye's LOL!!

Pictures! We're gonna want pictures!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Well, no pictures (of Lynn) but a good time was had by all. Took the shuttle back to Bourbon St and hung out with a group of new friends from the RV park at some juke joints listening and dancin' to great music! Everyone managed to make it back to the bus in one piece. "Been a long time since I Rock & Rolled...been a long time since I did the stroll". You Led Zep fans know what I'm talkin' about! :P

Now it's on to heading north and hittin' the Mississippi "Blues Trail" today.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Well, no pictures (of Lynn) but a good time was had by all. Took the shuttle back to Bourbon St and hung out with a group of new friends from the RV park at some juke joints listening and dancin' to great music! Everyone managed to make it back to the bus in one piece. "Been a long time since I Rock & Rolled...been a long time since I did the stroll". You Led Zep fans know what I'm talkin' about! :P

Now it's on to heading north and hittin' the Mississippi "Blues Trail" today.

Roger

Glad you guys had a good time!! And travel safe. We will be rolling into New Orleans Wednesday.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png