The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Today was moving day once again. All the way from Salem, OR to Woodland, WA. WOW a whole 90 miles. Then I get here and get set up, ready to watch the Seahawks dismantle the Giants and Direct TV still has my service screwed up. So Jeri and I met up for lunch. Boy you'lls ears should have been burnin cause we talked about the whole darn bunch of you. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff, there were about 3 spaces empty when we got there. I think they have 23 altogether. They do have a dump on premises so that is good. Some of the people came in just for the show last year. The train runs right by the park, but we like trains so it was no big deal for us. Both of us lived right by the tracks growing up, (one of us on the wrong side) ;). Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hi all... just updated our blog at www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com. There, in living color, is a photo of Lee... proof that he is healing nicely from his chair episode :) Fun to have Denise and her friends parked off about 1/4 mile from us here in Borrego Springs, and nearby is Nina and Paul of the Wheelingit blog! Also, have met several more Canadian couples that Toni and Doug sent to us... great people! We will be having a full moon party here around the fire... wish you were here! Just another month and we will be seeing many of you in Q... looking forward to that! Best regards, D & T

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Well, I got past another day and I'm still in one piece. Actually got a few thing done today. Denise sent me an E-mail and we've agreed to meet in Brawley for lunch. She says she has to see for herself that I'm OK. I feel like the King with all the people checking to make sure I'm OK. IF Y'alls ears start ringing tomorrow you'll know who's talking about you.

I got the accessory case I broke when I bruised my ribs fixed today. Before fixing it, I told it "See what you got for hitting me in the ribs. I didn't brake but you did. Next time I won't fix you." Hope nobody saw me talking to a plastic box.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It looks like we may have some more RV friends meeting us at "Q". Wayne & Barbara, Dwayne & Eldora, and Brad and Shari, They are fiends of Carol and I, from Oklahoma, and fellow professional photographers, so we should not have any trouble getting great photo's of all of our escapades. I'm quite sure they can dance around the campfire with the best of us. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Denise & I had a nice long talk over lunch in Brawley this afternoon. See looks great and sounds just as good. I wish I could keep up with her. She rode her bike over here. 60+ miles. If I rode that far my back would have a permanents kink in it. I don't think we missed a single name in our conversation. We covered you all. After she headed back to Borego Springs I went to the restaurant where I was eating when I had the nose bleed. They did have my glasses so that is a thing of the past now. I knew the restaurant wouldn't be open till evening but the bar opens a couple of hours sooner. A Good Day.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm sitting here trying to learn how to use this new computer. They sure make it difficult changing every thing, putting it in a different place and using a different method to activate everything. I feel like 40 years of computer knowledge just went down the drain. I can't figure out how to turn this darn touch pad off while I'm typing. Every time I accidentally touch it the screen goes nuts. Oh well everything else went too well today I need something to keep me from expecting too much.

Edited by IYQ

We understand Lee, we flushed 60 years down the drain (between us) too. We've been fighting an uphill battle every since. While trying to set up Carol's new one, she got a virus in it. Now that was a chore thinking we were doing something wrong, but unknowingly fighting a virus, aaarrrggghhhh!! It's calmed down now (six months later), so maybe I won't have to throw it out in the street. Press on!!

We're getting ready to head out in the morning for Bakersfield. That should pull the old pin out of the ground. At least I was able to fill up with diesel for $3.49 per gal. They had a special at this little grocery store, and luckily they had a big parking lot. Quite a few people showed up, dump trucks, etc: Good old "Gas Buddy" found us that one. Looks like another 65 degree day here in the Lost Wages capitol. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I didn't do much today. It takes me so long to do nothing that I just don't have any time left to do anything. ( Stop scratching your head Steve you'll make it bleed.) I went to happy hour and some loud mouth kept griping about the way things were being done in preparation for the Rally Jan 8th. He was told why but kept on shooting his mouth off. I would like to shoot his mouth off with a Smith and Western. I got up and came back to the solitude of my trailer. Now I'm having trouble coming up with a happy though for the day. Hummmmm let's see. I don't have bed bugs for which I'm very HAPPY.

My daughter arrived here today so I'm hoping she planned this to be a working vacation for her. I bought ingredients for her to cook, gadgets for her to install, and gathered up my laundry for her to wash. How long you think she'll stay?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My daughter arrived here today so I'm hoping she planned this to be a working vacation for her. I bought ingredients for her to cook, gadgets for her to install, and gathered up my laundry for her to wash. How long you think she'll stay?

Linda

10 minutes???

Ok, Lee, now my head's bleeding and I'm looking for band aids. I'm sure you will wind up making something out of nothing, then trip over it and anything can happen at that point. :rolleyes: Just don't play with any sharp knives!!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Now I'm having trouble coming up with a happy though for the day. Hummmmm let's see. I don't have bed bugs for which I'm very HAPPY.

Look at it this way .... you want to be real happy? You get to see all of us in about two weeks!! Now that's something you should be celebrating!! So, let's see what can I be happy about?

I'm happy we're heading out of Tempe today. I'm happy I had an opportunity to meet each and everyone of you. I'm happy Quartzsite is just ahead and I'll get to share a little bit of time with most of you.

There you go for starters. :-)

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Look at it this way .... you want to be real happy? You get to see all of us in about two weeks!! Now that's something you should be celebrating!! So, let's see what can I be happy about?

I'm happy we're heading out of Tempe today. I'm happy I had an opportunity to meet each and everyone of you. I'm happy Quartzsite is just ahead and I'll get to share a little bit of time with most of you.

We're happy to have new neighbours :)

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Nice Starters!!!

We too are happy to know Q is soon - and as a possible happy extention of time togehter after Q- (for those not heading to Yuma)

How about Winter Blast in Lake Havasu? It starts on Wed Feb 12th for 5 nights. You can dry camp at the Rodeo Fair Grounds for $100 for the 5 nights.

Anyone who wants details send me a PM and I will send you an electronic flyer about it.

Oh and we left Texas and are now in Benson - moving on to Tucson this weekend.

Merry Christmas all!

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

And I'm happy that all my friends are happy. In fact it was a happy day. I stayed away from happy hour so that I wouldn't get disgusted with all the negitivity with some of these loud mouths complaining. It's been comfortable all day although a bit cloudy. I went to Brawley this morning and got my ears lowered. ( I was looking like the natives around here.) Tonight a few of my friends stopped by as I was sitting outside for a nice chat. Now I'm all happy and have to start all over practicing to be the Grinch for Christmas.

Edited by IYQ

Nice Starters!!!

We too are happy to know Q is soon - and as a possible happy extention of time togehter after Q- (for those not heading to Yuma)

How about Winter Blast in Lake Havasu? It starts on Wed Feb 12th for 5 nights. You can dry camp at the Rodeo Fair Grounds for $100 for the 5 nights.

Anyone who wants details send me a PM and I will send you an electronic flyer about it.

Oh and we left Texas and are now in Benson - moving on to Tucson this weekend.

Merry Christmas all!

We will be at our home park, Emerald Cove, in Parker for the month of Feb, but would love to come spend some time if everyone is in Lake Havasu. We did the Winter Blast 3 years ago and it is great.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

For those of you planning on attending the Tampa RV Super Show...

I talked to the people at the fairgrounds yesterday and was told that the only electric hook ups are for the vendors. You can boon dock for $20/night. It's on hard pavement and you can run gennies. They have a dump station and fresh water fill to use. No grills allowed. Gates open at 8:00 a.m. on the 15th. Enter at the Highway 301 entrance and let them know that you plan on spending the night/nights...they will come around later to collect the fee. It's $12 to enter at the gate for parking and if you leave and return during the show hours they will charge you again. After show hours you can get a pass to return for free.

We're planning on staying there but, if the temps are gonna be hot we'll have to make other plans so that we don't fry our Willie (the dawg) while at the show. Hope to see some of you there!

We're enjoying the weather and hospitality here at the Wauchula SKP and visiting with Charlie & Delores (AKA Roadhouse Charlie). Sounds like the weather out West is back to normal for you all out there. Miss you guys and will be there next season so, watch out!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

We're on the road today. Just pulled over at a rest stop near Fresno Calif. for a few minutes. Heading for the elks club in Walnut creek, just south of Oakland to spend Christmas at Carol's brothers house. Should be fun!! 53 degrees and misting rain in the Central Valley.

Roger, we saw the people dry camping at the Tampa show last year and it looked like they were having a great time. We were already set up at the Elks club, so we decided not to do it, but probably would if we went to that show again. They did have a good trolley system to haul people from their RV's to the main entrance. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

A little cooler today. Mostly because of the breeze. I stuck around the rig today trying to get a few chores done. The sky is cloudy so playing with m,y telescope was out of the question. I went to happy hour tonight and loud mouth managed to keep his mouth shut. So I enjoyed that too. I made a dinner date for tomorrow night so that should be enjoyable also.I'd better slow down on all these enjoyable things. I might get down right giddy.

We're definitely going to the show. Missed out on the pre-registration for a camping spot there. Hope to meet a bunch of forum members there.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Daughter still here so I must not have worked her too hard but I have lots of clean clothes and food in both the fridge and freezer. We both leave tomorrow for Q then Saturday on to Phoenix where she has to go back to work and I get to greet my Dave.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van