Kitchen Slide Problems

Cowdog353

I have a 2008 Excel 5er. The kitchen slide is getting more and more difficult to extend "out". The bedroom and living room slides work well along with the landing gear. When I try to extend the kitchen slide I sometimes have to switch between in and out before it travels the intire length. The hydraulic pump runs ok. When it starts to move out it may move a foot or so then stop, the pump continues to run. I do not see and obstruction or binding being a problem. Eventually the slide extends out the way it should, but it may take several attempts.

I have never worked on this type of system. Any ideas. I am thinking maybe a solioid or valve not opening completely? 

Any sugestions?

thanks

Jim

Checked fluid level, was ok.  Sometimes slide work as it should other times moves for a short distance then slows and stops. I've tried it with other slides in and or out, no avail.

After trying several times it will work as it should, still scratching my head.  

Thanks for all the leads, help.

jim

Are you sure the slide is staying square with the unit?  It might be binding if one end gets a little ahead.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

As mentioned check square and no obstruction 
If no issues there...

Sounds like you need a new actuator.  They are pretty easy to replace. Then bleed it out. Probably have to open the belly up to access it. Can order one probably from Lippert. 

Edited by billr

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/