Cowdog353

Kitchen Slide Problems

I have a 2008 Excel 5er. The kitchen slide is getting more and more difficult to extend "out". The bedroom and living room slides work well along with the landing gear. When I try to extend the kitchen slide I sometimes have to switch between in and out before it travels the intire length. The hydraulic pump runs ok. When it starts to move out it may move a foot or so then stop, the pump continues to run. I do not see and obstruction or binding being a problem. Eventually the slide extends out the way it should, but it may take several attempts.

I have never worked on this type of system. Any ideas. I am thinking maybe a solioid or valve not opening completely? 

Any sugestions?

thanks

Jim

4 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level?

X2.  Especially if the sound of the pump motor goes up and down.

Checked fluid level, was ok.  Sometimes slide work as it should other times moves for a short distance then slows and stops. I've tried it with other slides in and or out, no avail.

After trying several times it will work as it should, still scratching my head.  

Thanks for all the leads, help.

jim

As mentioned check square and no obstruction 
If no issues there...

Sounds like you need a new actuator.  They are pretty easy to replace. Then bleed it out. Probably have to open the belly up to access it. Can order one probably from Lippert. 

Edited by billr