Aola - For drive tires - 3198.00 OTD

Vegas Teacher

Could use a little more info.  Tire size, how many (assume 8 ) and what is your state tax rate.  Around here you can get Yokohama or BFG 11R 22.5 installed for about $475 Canadian each plus our outrageous tax of 13%.  Off brand Chinese would be about 300.  I think generally truck tires are cheaper here when you factor the exchange rate.  If you have a nearby state with a much better tax rate it may be worth taking a vacation out of state and buying tires there.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Yes, need more info and I assume you mean Aeolus Tires, I have never heard of them before so did a search and found they are made in China and have mixed reviews on the trucker forums. That price sounds high for an unknown brand. We bought new Dayton drive tires last year for around $350 each at TA and their Yokohama and Firestone tires look to be around $450 with Kelly Springfield's around $375 each.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

You can get retreads for $250 a tire.  My truck came with retreads on drives and I have had no problems with them.  One of my friends who drives a truck gets about 100k out of his drives.  For me tires age out rather than wear.  My tire guy says retreads should last 8 to 10 years.  He recommended Acutread since they remold both tread and sidewall

Edited by bigredhdt

I've seen them around but not much. I really prefer the Hankook tires I have on my work truck. All our trucks will be changed over to these right here including my HDT when its ready. But we are out in the country. We need a little more meat.

https://www.carid.com/hankook-tires/dl12-42x11r225-428713540.html?utm_source=microsoft&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=268725012&utm_content=1172080075991552

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.