TPMS Low Pressure tirem Alarm constant or only when the monitor cycles?

Brad NSW

I bought a new TPMS.  Attached video shows how the alarm notifies you of low tire pressure.

TPMS video

I TOOK THE VIDEO LINK DOWN.  Owner called and asked if I would.  He's going to give a full refund.  Seems like a nice guy but not sure he really knows how the TST works and what's needed to monitor tires when driving a semi that can't feel anything the trailer is doing....

For those with TPMS, doesn't the alarm come on and stay on when you go below the low set point your program?

This one alarms for 3 seconds, then the LP alarm goes away and you have no indication of a flat until the next time it cycles.  At the end of the video, the tire is at zero PSI and I got a long (5-7 second) alarm and then it disappears completely/indefinitely...until one of the other tires change pressure or temp, which could be a LONG time.

Does this make sense to you?  If I remember correctly, my old Pressure Pro had an alarm that wouldn't go off until you cleared it.  In other words, you had a constant visual/audio alarm. If you were distracted for a few seconds, you wouldn't miss the alarm.

Feedback appreciated.

2094790416_NewHorizonsmall.jpg.b597b886c0fa2457938fb2cfe3e6cd0b.jpg

2010 Freightliner, DD15 Eaton Ultrashift, 2015 New Horizons 5th Wheel.

Occupants - Dena/Brad/Hershey    BLOG LINK

500964784_statemapDec2020.jpg.66ea16945a2c1c745783b95e33e702c9.jpg

Our TST 507 TPMS alarms at low/high pressures and high temps by sounding the alarm continuously as soon as the condition is detected, flashing a red LED, and blinking the offending tire position on the display. Tapping any of the control buttons will silence the alarm, but the flashing and blinking continue until the issue is resolved or the system is turned off. The sensors transmit to the monitor much more often than the display sequences, and an alarm condition switched to the offending position almost instantly.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

55 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Our TST 507 TPMS alarms at low/high pressures and high temps by sounding the alarm continuously as soon as the condition is detected, flashing a red LED, and blinking the offending tire position on the display. Tapping any of the control buttons will silence the alarm, but the flashing and blinking continue until the issue is resolved or the system is turned off. The sensors transmit to the monitor much more often than the display sequences, and an alarm condition switched to the offending position almost instantly.

X2 with our TST.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I'm in conversation with the manufacturer and sent him the video.

He swears his does the same thing as the TST but it doesn't.

All indications of LP go away for long periods. 

With cab noise and distractions of driving, that's UNSAT in my book.

He's offered to refund my money but I really want him to understand that his system has a design flaw that give people a false sense of security.

Brad,

Honestly, get the refund and go with a known system.  You’ll be better off.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

4 hours ago, Brad NSW said:

I'm in conversation with the manufacturer and sent him the video.

He swears his does the same thing as the TST but it doesn't.

All indications of LP go away for long periods. 

With cab noise and distractions of driving, that's UNSAT in my book.

He's offered to refund my money but I really want him to understand that his system has a design flaw that give people a false sense of security.

really think thee are not manufacturers but instead reseller importers.  They have a suite of products that they bought from china, and are selling them, without testing

Got it and will go with TST or Pressure Pro.  Amazon Prime Day tomorrow😀!

Will probably go back to the TST system I used with my Dodge.  Saved my bacon once, going through LA...slow leak on the 5th wheel..

Archived