**RV Found** RV Stolen. San Antonio, TX Black Class B. NC license

Al F

Edit:  **The RV was found this evening and the police are processing the RV for evidence. **

RV Stolen in San Antonio, TX.  It is a large Black Class B on a Sprinter Chassis.  NC license plate # FBJ-1413.  Belongs to a military veteran and his wife/partner.

Call 911 if seen

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/veteran-wife-stranded-after-rv-stolen-in-sa-during-dream-road-trip/273-571329326

RV Stolen Very small.jp2

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

6 hours ago, packnrat said:
16 hours ago, ToddF said:

The Club

"The Club" is the original. I have the Master lock version which I bought at Walmart.

The club is something we use on the toad. I will buy one for the RV now.

It's a cheap deterrent.

using hardend chain and lock     ( sized too big for bolt cutters) hooking the steering wheel and brake pedal works better.

And the steering wheel is made out off Silly-Putty, to protect you in a crash event. Better place for the money is an alarm, with ignition interlock, or a Ravelco type device.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

The beauty of the club (or equivalent) is the visual deterrent. Any thief will immediately see the device locked on the steering wheel and keep moving. 

Cost for Master Lock model was around $22. Takes less than 10 seconds to slip on and lock.

My toad has little value to anyone except me but that doesn't mean a thief won't try to steal it. Hard to imagine the inconvenience and cost of having to replace it. (Let alone the RV). Would they take the dog too (in crate) or set him outside on the sidewalk?

5 hours ago, ToddF said:

The beauty of the club (or equivalent) is the visual deterrent. Any thief will immediately see the device locked on the steering wheel and keep moving. 

The problem with that logic is that your out of state RV obviously has everything you brought on vacation inside. When you parking it at the restaurant any thief can assume you left your laptop(s), camera(s), tablet, gun, jewelry and many other small, easily portable valuables inside. Visual deterrent is great if you are comparing apples to apples, but an RV  at a restaurant compared to a standard car isn't apples to apples. A small (10") set of bolt cutters or a loose hacksaw blade will make cut through your steering wheel in no time. If you really value your RV and its contents take Darryl's advice and look into a Ravelco. 

And trust me,  they will not leave your dog at the scene. The couple in this instance were lucky. Their RV was found the same day. But in San Antonio the temperature was 90+ yesterday. Your dog wouldn't stand a chance. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

The ravelco website has some good info on it - definitely worth considering. 

We installed Simplisafe in S+B about a year ago, replacing an older hard wired system. The system is wireless, and the tower (which is only component that needs AC power) has a battery backup. We can monitor temperature and activity from our smartphone. Looking at their website tonight, their systems have been upgraded since we bought last year.

I'm going to look into this as an option for the RV. If I was in a restaurant 10 minutes away from the RV, I'd have a chance to get back to it immediately upon notification of entry. We're gone a lot from S+B and really happy with the system. Especially the temp monitoring during the winter months. Would be useful when leaving the dog in the RV - immediate notification in case the temp rises too high due to a power problem. Looks like a system could be purchased for under $300. Monitoring is a monthly fee, which could be turned off when the RV is not in use (no contracts).

Archived