Changing DISH service address using your MYDish account

5 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Did the rep tell you what "RV equipment" was? I have two Hopper2's and a Joey on my account, all purchased, and a pay as you go account flagged as "Outdoor". The app works fine for changing locals when I choose to use it. Sometimes I prefer different locals than the ones the app wants me to use though, so then I use the chat system.

I wonder if "RV Equipment" means having or being in a RV?  Not that Dish would be able to verify. 

Much of the time, "info" or "requirements" depends on which Rep you get.  While all the reps may get the same training, they have been know to ad lib at times. 

Edited by Al F

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, D&J said:

I'm wondering if you have to have a Apple phone not a Android like I have. 

Denny

No, you don't have to have an Apple phone.  I use my android phone (Samsung) to change locals on the MyDish app.

2 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Yes this option is only for people who are part-time users, Pay-As-You-Go.

Us full-time subscribers should not expect and special treatment.

We are full timers, but we apparently have the pay as you go service, since we are able to use the app to change locals.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

2 hours ago, Al F said:

I wonder if "RV Equipment" means having or being in a RV?  Not that Dish would be able to verify. 

Much of the time, "info" or "requirements" depends on which Rep you get.  While all the reps may get the same training, they have been know to ad lib at times. 

I don't know how would they know whether we have an RV or not, Al. The question never came up when I set up our pay-as-you-go "Flex" account.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

8 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Did the rep tell you what "RV equipment" was? I have two Hopper2's and a Joey on my account, all purchased, and a pay as you go account flagged as "Outdoor". The app works fine for changing locals when I choose to use it. Sometimes I prefer different locals than the ones the app wants me to use though, so then I use the chat system.

Yes....either a 211k or a Wally.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Just now, ewacowboy said:

Yet the app works ok for me for changing the locals with 2 Hoppers on my account and no 211's or Wallys... ;)

Dutch

11 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

11 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Yet the app works ok for me for changing the locals with 2 Hoppers on my account and no 211's or Wallys... ;)

Yep!  You can't just accept what any Rep tells you as fact.  Many times it is their opinion, recollection from training, what others told them, etc, etc. 

We have had plenty of experience with medical professionals providing much differing information (supposedly facts) regarding medical facts and practice, both in the hospital and especially with home health care.  If you can't count on supposed medical professionals then you certainly can't count on the Rep for other service providers.  Even doctors differ in what they claim to be absolute fact.

We have to all try to be as informed as possible to insure what information someone is

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

21 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

The app won't allow me to change either BUT the CHATT feature takes only about 10 minutes for the change from start to finish which is fine to me.

My guess is that you talk to the same people no matter how you chat - either through their website, through the app, or via their Facebook page.  I've been doing it via Facebook with good results.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

3 hours ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

My guess is that you talk to the same people no matter how you chat - either through their website, through the app, or via their Facebook page.  I've been doing it via Facebook with good results.

I'm sure you are correct but CHATT seems to be less hassle to me.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

• 1 month later...

I just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with dish and after bring transferred at least 10 times I still will not ne able to use the app for locals. 

My account is a rv account but it is not pay as you go like I was told it would be when I changed to it to a rv only account years back. To change it you have to disconnect your old account and start a new one but the kicker is you have to wait 60 days to get a new account again one person says no and the next says yes you have to.  Some that I talk with said I had a pay as you go and the next one said no and they can't just change it. I've never seen more uninformed people in my life in one spot and if I just didn't buy a new X2 last spring I would be changing to direct today. My account was diconnected for awhile today but after I couldn't get a new one a it was reconnected and I just gave up.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Your problems of communicating with Dish may seem to difficult but they are nothing compared to dealing with DirecTV.

RV Certification deals with using DNS and requires copies of your RV registration to prove you have an RV. Outdoors Dish, the current nomenclature is pretty vague.  Pay-As-You-Go is very specific to owned receivers and a month-to-month prepay subscription.

I personally prefer using Chat over the MyDish option as I can "select" my Service Address whereas the MyDish used GPS positioning and makes the choice for you.  On the average, it takes about three minutes for a Chat to change my Service Address, almost as long as it takes to sign into MyDish.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

36 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Your problems of communicating with Dish may seem to difficult but they are nothing compared to dealing with DirecTV.

RV Certification deals with using DNS and requires copies of your RV registration to prove you have an RV. Outdoors Dish, the current nomenclature is pretty vague.  Pay-As-You-Go is very specific to owned receivers and a month-to-month prepay subscription.

I personally prefer using Chat over the MyDish option as I can "select" my Service Address whereas the MyDish used GPS positioning and makes the choice for you.  On the average, it takes about three minutes for a Chat to change my Service Address, almost as long as it takes to sign into MyDish.

After I checked dish programming costs its $10 a month more with the pay as you go so I'm going to try the chat, I made a short message in my notes I can copy and past that has my account number and a place for a new zip and servce address. Will that work?

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

1 hour ago, D&J said:

After I checked dish programming costs its $10 a month more with the pay as you go so I'm going to try the chat, I made a short message in my notes I can copy and past that has my account number and a place for a new zip and servce address. Will that work?

Denny 

Here's the message I send:
Hi - we are traveling in our RV and have moved and need our locals updated to our new location, zip code 77????

I have done it via their website chat, but the past few months I've been going to their Facebook page and doing it via chat there.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't use the app either and none of the agents I chat with know why.

Using chat has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I have to do 2 or 3 chat sessions before my locals actually change. Also, I have discovered that just telling them to change my service address is not enough. I have to specifically tell them to change the locals too. Otherwise, the service address gets changed, but the locals don't.

This is the scripted message I use:

"I am an RVer and have just moved to a new location.  I need to changes my Service Address (only) to <new address> and have the Locals changed to that location.  Leave the Billing Address as it is."

Been using it for a couple of years now and the last time I didn't get the Locals the first time was almost 3 years ago.

The CSRs are not trained on the rules of Outdoors Dish not the rule for the MyDish App to change the Service Address.  We like to believe we are the most special people on Earth but out of the 14 million Dish subscribers, RVers are a really small portion.

First Outdoors Dish is not tied to any equipment type and it really does not  enable any special features from Dish.

Pay-As-You-Go is the big decider.  PAYG is not tied to any equipment except you must own it.  If you receive free dish equipment, you cannot be a PAYG suscriber.  If you are on a PAYG subscription, you will be marked as an Outdoors Dish user.  And as a PAYG subscriber, you will find the Change Service in the MyDish App.

Because of issues with "movers" (do your own research) Dish will probably limit the MyDish to Outdoors Dish PAYG subscribers.  There is no reason for a general subscriber to have the feature because your Locals should be for where your house is.

The ability to have Locals outside of your Billing Address is a special povision in the FCC Satellite Bill and the suppliers, Dish and DirecTV, have the responsibility to enforce this.  They get fined or loose function if they fail to enforce.

Using the GPS function of the phone App locks you into the DMA (Locals) for that location.  With the Chat, the CSR is doing the filtering on whether you should be moved to the location you specify.  Gives you a little flexibility on the DMA.

My information is not from Dish CSRs, it is from friends in Dish Corporate.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

I finally found out why my RV account will not work with the Dish App to change locals. A Dish employee on the MyDish communities checked my account and even with it tagged as Outdoor account it's what they call a  highbread account that is still tied to a residence from years back and it can't be changed. We would have to open a new account and bring my equipment into it after I close my old one, they both have to be open at the same time. One drawback is our Top 200 channels would go from 79.99 to 89.99 a month so I'm going to start using Chat through the Dish app to change them. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

17 hours ago, D&J said:

I finally found out why my RV account will not work with the Dish App to change locals. A Dish employee on the MyDish communities checked my account and even with it tagged as Outdoor account it's what they call a  highbread account that is still tied to a residence from years back and it can't be changed. We would have to open a new account and bring my equipment into it after I close my old one, they both have to be open at the same time. One drawback is our Top 200 channels would go from 79.99 to 89.99 a month so I'm going to start using Chat through the Dish app to change them. 

Denny

I'm in the same package boat.  I just call and harass them when I move..... I have very politely explained that I would love to use their App, but I'm not willing to pay more for the convenience of them not answering a phone call. 

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

7 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

I'm in the same package boat.  I just call and harass them when I move..... I have very politely explained that I would love to use their App, but I'm not willing to pay more for the convenience of them not answering a phone call. 

My new plan for this is if I call I'm going to use the Outdoor number (800 970-9021) or use the chat that's on the Dish app. I used the Outdoor number to get the package price and you can change locals with a lot fewer steps and talk to someone that knows we are RVers and mobil. 

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I don't know if this will help anyone, but here's the text I send using Facebook chat with Dish:

Hi - we are traveling in our RV and have moved and need our locals updated to our new location, zip code 1xxxxx

Thanks

Then, once they update it and tell me that I can change it myself using their app I send this:

Since we travel in our RV all the time, I often have to change my service address.  I know that the Android App is supposed to allow me to do that myself, but apparently this feature is not available for accounts with Dish Outdoors and Dish Home Equipment. I'm looking forward to someday being included in the group of mobile customers who can update their own service address.

There is usually a brief interlude while they check out my information, and then they return and acknowledge I am right.

I prefer to use chat.  But, more than once the Dish rep refused to change the locals based only on zip code.  They wanted a street address.  Didn't matter if I told them I was parked in a field with no street address, they insisted.  I once used "123 Any Street", then the town, state and zip.  I KNOW they can just go by zip code and I told them I knew it.  Didn't matter.  This happened on weekend evenings.  I guess the "B" team was working then.  Never had a problem if I did it in the  afternoon.

I have always been required to give a full address. I just use the address of the campground. This last time, they said the address of the campground didn't exist in their system so I gave them the address of the Home Depot in the nearest town. They don't care where the address is, as long as they have a full address and I don't care as long as it is in the spot beam for correct locals. 

Life is so much better today.  In the beginning, you could run into the problem where someone had already used the address and the Dish software didn't allow two users at the same address.  Not a problem for a while now.

A full address just helps on the filtering process to verify you are a legal "mover".

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

For the Dish chat service, I have a file of pre-written scripts for most of the locations we've visited. I just pull one up that's in the DMA I want. Now it's quicker to just use the app of course, unless I want a different DMA than where I am.

Dutch