Directed Electronics

SuiteSuccess

We recently bought a slightly used 2017 DRV Mobile Suites.  It has a Onan 3.5 kw generator and some other goodies.  While looking it over I discovered a Directed Electronics “SmartStart” system which on researching is an alarm, gps locator, and remote car start.  Anyone familiar with this system? And remote start for generator maybe? (In case pets in trailer?)ywkfhUKl.jpgU1ccT8Il.jpgYWmNFMAl.jpg

This module is in a back doorside compartment and says “shock sensor”.  What is it for? (Also Directed Electronics).

nIeJYf6l.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Sounds like an automobile alarm system adapted to protect the generator from theft.  The shock sensor detects vibration and will trigger the audible alarm...  Since it has remote start, perhaps they also rigged it up to start the generator, but it would probably only work with 100ft or so...  Just like a remote start for your car...

2007 Volvo VNL670, Singled, Air ride hitch

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

I don't know what it is, but I know I want one now.    🤑🤑

Just curious, did you sell your other fiver?

Traded it in. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Directed Electronics DSM350 Smart GPS with Verizon CDMA/3G Technology

https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-DSM350-Verizon-Technology/dp/B00ZJBE9O8

$119.94

• Start, control, and locate your vehicle from virtually anywhere with your smartphone
  • New! Verizon CDMA/3G technology provides superior nationwide coverage and faster response
  • New! Active GPS mode uses 30% less power
  • Module is plug-for-plug compatible with existing installations
  • Compatible with current versions of the Directed Smarts tart GPS app (3.X and up)

Thanks Duffman.  This is a FAQ from Amazon.  I don’t need GPS tracking and not going to spend $$ per year for their “service plan”.  Wonder if the alarm portion would still work without the GPS locator?  Would seem to be a separate unit.  Won’t have remote gen start but I don’t need it anyway.  Will make some calls today to the companies.

Answer:
Unsure what your asking but it’s a yearly subscription or three year subscription 
By cissy on March 22, 2018
It does require a service plan. I bought this in 2016 and activated it until the fall of 2017. Then left it off until April 2018. I've since gotten an email stating that they are going to PERMANENTLY disable my module if I don't pay to reactivate it for another 1-year or 3-year plan. They stated that I won't be able to re-activate it after this month. I am very upset that they are threatening to remotely destroy hardware I bought. I will never buy another Directed product again. see less 
By Shannon Johnson on April 23, 2018
The DSM350 does require a GPS/Remote Start service plan. If you don't want the GPS portion you can purchase the DSM300 which only requires the less expensive Remote Start plan. Be aware that you'll have to find an Authorized Dealer to activate this for you. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived