RedRaider89

Portable Washing Machine Options

Hello Everyone,

We are going on a RV Trip for a month in June (First one this long) and will be staying at state parks for the first 15 days with no laundry facilities.  Even though laundry mats are realtively close I am not thrilled about driving into town and doing laundry.

Any recommendations for a small portable washing machine?

Thanks

Why don't you take 16 days worth of clothes??? The small portables aren't worth the money IMO.

46 minutes ago, RedRaider89 said:

Hello Everyone,

We are going on a RV Trip for a month in June (First one this long) and will be staying at state parks for the first 15 days with no laundry facilities.  Even though laundry mats are realtively close I am not thrilled about driving into town and doing laundry.

Any recommendations for a small portable washing machine?

Thanks

Hey Red,

Dollymamma has a........." Cowgirl-Maytag" ............Plastic 5 gallon bucket and............a "NEW-NEVER-USED-IN-THE-TOILET-........Toilet Plunger.........REMEMBER..........NEVER-IN-THE-TOILET-PLUNGER...........

Operation of the "Cowgirl-Maytag" is fairly complicated so swing by the local rodeo grounds and pick up a few cowgirls .........then dirty clothes will be the least of your worries......

Drive on..........,.(take the .......PLUNGE ......into the dirty laundry)

When travelling  many roads on the continent provide a good agitation/warsh cycle in the 5 gal bucket with lid. Rinse cycle after lunch.  Hang to dry. 

Use plunger when parked.  I have a fancy plunger one. Hand warsher. I bought a handle for it that has other uses.

5 hours ago, noteven said:

I have a fancy plunger one. Hand warsher. I bought a handle for it that has other uses.

That one is pretty cool.

Linda Sand

7 hours ago, RedRaider89 said:

Hello Everyone,

Hello to you too... Had a thought but didn't see your last post in time so went back for the delete. Happy Trails!

Edited by rm.w/aview

Gosh, I only do laundry every 2 weeks, so going 16 days would be no big deal.  Bucket & plunger is the easiest method.  Not worth lugging other things along and having to store them.

I was about to post a link to Over Stock dot com as they show several compact washers that are electric. We have always used laundrymats along our route as I just don't see Pam or me doing much laundry by hand, other than an occasional item. We travel with enough clothing for two weeks or more and only need a laundry a couple of times a month. It would be interesting if you could return once you have used that product for a month or longer and let us know what you think then.