Portable Washing Machine Options

RedRaider89

Hello Everyone,

We are going on a RV Trip for a month in June (First one this long) and will be staying at state parks for the first 15 days with no laundry facilities.  Even though laundry mats are realtively close I am not thrilled about driving into town and doing laundry.

Any recommendations for a small portable washing machine?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, RedRaider89 said:

Hello Everyone,

We are going on a RV Trip for a month in June (First one this long) and will be staying at state parks for the first 15 days with no laundry facilities.  Even though laundry mats are realtively close I am not thrilled about driving into town and doing laundry.

Any recommendations for a small portable washing machine?

Thanks

Hey Red,

Dollymamma has a........." Cowgirl-Maytag" ............Plastic 5 gallon bucket and............a "NEW-NEVER-USED-IN-THE-TOILET-........Toilet Plunger.........REMEMBER..........NEVER-IN-THE-TOILET-PLUNGER...........

Operation of the "Cowgirl-Maytag" is fairly complicated so swing by the local rodeo grounds and pick up a few cowgirls .........then dirty clothes will be the least of your worries......

Drive on..........,.(take the .......PLUNGE ......into the dirty laundry)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

When travelling  many roads on the continent provide a good agitation/warsh cycle in the 5 gal bucket with lid. Rinse cycle after lunch.  Hang to dry. 

Use plunger when parked.  I have a fancy plunger one. Hand warsher. I bought a handle for it that has other uses.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

I was about to post a link to Over Stock dot com as they show several compact washers that are electric. We have always used laundrymats along our route as I just don't see Pam or me doing much laundry by hand, other than an occasional item. We travel with enough clothing for two weeks or more and only need a laundry a couple of times a month. It would be interesting if you could return once you have used that product for a month or longer and let us know what you think then. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived