DUAL VALVE STEMS IN 5TH WHEEL RIMS

NeverEasy

i run TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitors on the 5er and move the cap models to other trailers as necessary.  I hated taking the monitors off to bring the tires up to specs.  While at the ECR, I bought a set of rims from Al and decided to modify them bu putting a hole opposite the existing valve stem.  That worked great.  The special tool I made is on the rim in this picture.

di2U4Del.jpg "border=0
m3zZPvb.pngClick For Full-Size Image.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I removed the rotating security covers from my TST cap sensors. That made them a bit smaller, lighter, and less noticeable. Now removing them to air up is no different than removing standard valve caps, and even a bit easier for arthritic fingers.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Neat idea Chet, one valve for airing up, and one for the monitor.

We do it the lazy way, we just use passthrough monitors.  The only time we have to take them off is to change the batteries...  that reminds me, it's time to change those batteries. lol

Roger and my wonderful wife Margaret
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2017 Luxe 39fb 5th Wheel
Pioneer Camping Club
Wagon Masters

My problem is I own 2 dump trailers, 3 flat beds, a pull-behind TT and this fifth wheel.  Pass-throughs are not a good option for me.

A person on another forum lead me to some valve stem tees that are pretty neat.  They are a little bit pricey at around $10 each with shipping.   I bought 4 of them to put on the Volvo, two on the Crossfires and two on the front tires.  I can move them to the Chevy 2500 HD if I tow with that. 

These are made for the TPMS.  http://www.tpms.ca/t valve adapters for tires, tire pressure monitoring systems, tpms.html

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

18 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I removed the rotating security covers from my TST cap sensors. That made them a bit smaller, lighter, and less noticeable. Now removing them to air up is no different than removing standard valve caps, and even a bit easier for arthritic fingers.

I also removed those covers from mine. That wrench was a real pain to use. now they are the same size as my old TireTraker sensors.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Because we had the TPMS and were not taking the sensors off to check air pressure, which leaks a bit each time, we found that we needed to top the tires off only 2 or 3 time a year.  For that reason, we never felt a solution like pass-thru sensors or anything else was needed.

We did have a tool to make removing and installing the inner dual sensors easier.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived