Spare parts special tools to carry

Lance A Lott

3 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

You are missing diarrhea medicine for the German Shepherds, all 4 of mine have had a case of the Hershey Squirts in the last 4 weeks. Nothing better than waking up to the smell of Feces and fresh coffee. The coffee opens your nose and the smell of fresh dog $h!t comes in much more easily.

Later,

Vegas Teacher

Dogs that guard toolboxes don’t get the squirts.....

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

On 3/12/2018 at 9:10 PM, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Rest assured, mine is not a squirt gun 😁

Aw.... don't give me that GH! I don't care WHO ya are... "everyone" knows that looking down the barrel of a 1911 will give ANYONE the squirts. ;)

Was kinda hit on before, but a can of starting fluid.

A couple years ago, my Detroit suddenly wouldn't start. It would crank until the battery went dead, but not fire. The crank position sensor was going bad. A quick shot of fluid allowed it to crank fast enough for the sensor to get a signal. Got me out of a bind until I got home to replace the sensor.

Besides the above mentioned, I also have a replacement fuel line from the filter to the block. Mine had rubbed a hole on the frame rail. Not an easy item to find a replacement for in the middle of no-where....on a sunday afternoon.

I also carry a bottle jack, a 50 air hose, and a 1/2" impact. Makes changing the tires on the old trailer a lot faster.

Chris & Tonya

'99 Freightliner FLD120, '01 Wabash Toyhauler (32' garage, 20' LQ)

27b.jpg.d0423223324307d7b8525a90ffe5746e.jpg

7 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Maveric, A can of WD-40 will also work to crank a diesel. Pretty much any light oil based spray will work but most of us already have a can of WD-40 laying around.

Yep, WD-40 did the trick when I lost the glowplug relay in my 1980 VW Rabbit diesel on a 20 degree morning.  Worked like a champ, and WD-40 is a lot more gentle on the engine than a shot of ether.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:47 PM, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Maveric, A can of WD-40 will also work to crank a diesel. Pretty much any light oil based spray will work but most of us already have a can of WD-40 laying around.

I have used electrical contact cleaner also. I had to use that for several days on my 82 Chevy with a 6.2 diesel when the glow plugs quit working.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Archived