Well, I bought the plane ticket, next week I'll know if I buy a Truck.

mr. cob

6 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All

I am HOME 

Its midnight Pacific Time I just now parked the Peterbilt in the driveway 

Full story of today’s drive will be posted tomorrow you don’t want to miss this episode it will be shared around camp fires for years to come 

Dave

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear that you made it home safe. That is one of the important things. I think there could be a making of a movie in the near future. 

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy All,

Now that I am home with the Pete, this thread has probably run its course.  I am going to start a new thread detailing the last days drive as I think its something others who may not have been following this thread will get a kick out of, part of the story is pretty darn funny.

What I will leave this thread with is a photo of a very dirty girl, 2,000 miles of nasty roads will make even a pretty Lady shine a bit less.

IMG_2696-L.jpg

And here is a photo of the hitch after it was installed.  In time I will be building a Smart Car deck, building a rear bumper and doing something with the lights but to get the truck home and for use while the build is ongoing I just fitted the stock lights back in place.

IMG_2674-L.jpg

IMG_2678-L.jpg

Here is a link dedicated to the Pete and its transformation into my next RV Hauler.

https://mr-cob.smugmug.com/My-2001-Peterbilt-379-RV-Hauler/

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Hey Dave, are those seats Bostrom? I've got Bostrom. One of my seats I bought off a guy on craigslist and that one wouldn't recline very far. I found out there is a small bolt and stop block fitted into the recline mechanism. You need to push up the seat cover on the back rest to see the recline mechanism. Look for a 5/32" allen head screw. That screw goes through and holds the stop block. Remove it. Should recline fully then. Assuming you've got a Bostrom seat that is. Hope this helps. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

21 minutes ago, Bob86ZZ4 said:

Hey Dave, are those seats Bostrom? I've got Bostrom. One of my seats I bought off a guy on craigslist and that one wouldn't recline very far. I found out there is a small bolt and stop block fitted into the recline mechanism. You need to push up the seat cover on the back rest to see the recline mechanism. Look for a 5/32" allen head screw. That screw goes through and holds the stop block. Remove it. Should recline fully then. Assuming you've got a Bostrom seat that is. Hope this helps. 

Howdy Bob 

Thanks for the tip I don’t know what brand the seats are but I will look and see if they have a limiter on them

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived