Well, I bought the plane ticket, next week I'll know if I buy a Truck.

mr. cob

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

We’re happy to have you.  I hope you make it.  It’ll be nice to see you again.  Of course you can always stop by our place again if your in the area too.

Howdy Chad

One of these days I may arrange to visit with you again perhaps we could do some motorcycle riding next time 

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Congrats on a very nice truck. 

I contacted Slade at Rolling Retreats about your truck, he’s been looking for awhile and yours is just his ticket. I hope he contacts you. 

Roger

Howdy Roger 

Thanks for putting out the word on truck 

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Thought I would post up another photo of the Pete, Gary took this yesterday he just showed it to me today.

IMG_20171201_105011058_TOP-L.jpg

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All 

Great news I just got a call from the local licensing center in Washington they are overnighting plates tabs Motor Home registration to me at Gary’s home so tomorrow I will take full poession of my Peterbilt RV Hualer

Tomorrow I will spend packing the microwave portapotty away in the sleeper test fit the new chains and get ready to drive to Wisconsin on Sunday with luck hitch mounting will start Monday 

the way this is all coming together I can’t help but feel it was meant to happen 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Nicely done.  It's great when things work out in your favor.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

29 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Dave,  Any idea if the past owner hauled grain or livestock across I-94 in North Dakota.  I know I've seen a truck, white and purple, in ND, Minn, Or Montana this summer several times.  

Howdy Jim 

Steve the previous owner was an independent he hauled anything anywhere did alot of trips between the Twin Cities and major cities in the southern States 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

They're out there.  Here's another, close to me:

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/hvo/d/379-peterbilt-379/6416430184.html

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

Fed Ex, just dropped of the plates, tabs, and registration, leaving in about a half hour to go pick up the new to me Motor Home, it'll be all mine in a couple of hours.  In the words of an old Dave Dudley truck driving song, "If you think I am HAPPY your right.........."

I am as giggly as a school girl, got this stupid grin on my face an undertaker couldn't remove, yes its a very good day.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Fed Ex, just dropped of the plates, tabs, and registration, leaving in about a half hour to go pick up the new to me Motor Home, it'll be all mine in a couple of hours.  In the words of an old Dave Dudley truck driving song, "If you think I am HAPPY your right.........."

I am as giggly as a school girl, got this stupid grin on my face an undertaker couldn't remove, yes its a very good day.

Dave

That's what it's all about . thumbs.gif

Goes around , comes around .

Fantastic, have fun.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

It's been fun watching this unfold.  I believe Dave deserves this for Christmas.

If you go to his photo album and click on the folder labeled Big Bend, scroll through, and see how giving he is, I'm sure you'll agree.

We also had a good friend who was a quad.  Didn't get to spend enough time with him.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Sounds like the stars have aligned Dave. Enjoy the new toy. Let the bonding begin.

Brad 

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Yay! Congratulations, Dave! I know you’re jumping with joy!

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

9 hours ago, rickeieio said:

They're out there.  Here's another, close to me:

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/hvo/d/379-peterbilt-379/6416430184.html

Welcome to the famous .....CraigsList-Phishing-Tripee......ad has that Off-shore-lingo and of course "real-truckers" love to pass-on the  "LOVE" and sell "Cherry_Trucks......."Cheap" and of course for "Exact-Price of .......$14233 .........the phoney-price says.........smelly-phishing-trip.......

Drive on............(Phishing-trip and we are the ......bait)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived