What future for our national parks?

Kirk W

6 hours ago, packnrat said:

i just hope i can afford the senor pass by the time i get of age to buy one. (only five to go)

as i wish to travel and see this great country.

but then again cost of fuel??

The Senior Pass is a very small part of your finances if you're traveling.  Cut our a few meals out or other luxuries and you'll have the money for the Pass - well worthwhile!   The same goes for fuel. You can lower the costs by staying in one spot longer. Or cut your campground stays and learn to boondock.  There are trade-off to RVing.  Have fun planning.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Are you aware that you can buy a 1 year senior pass for $20. and do that for 4 years then turn in those 4 for a permanent pass?  That may have been covered somewhere in this thread but I was 2 lazy to read back through it all.  I know this from my volunteer position this summer.

13 hours ago, packnrat said:

plans for parks ?

maybe.

i am cheap,

You will miss a great deal if you are that cheap and keep in mind that not all park service properties have a fee.

Additionally, access to the majority of National Park Service sites remains free—only 118 of 417 National Park Service sites have an entrance fee.

In addition, that pass gets you into many other parks and public lands that do have fees, such as those of the BLM, USFWS, and the COE. In addition, the COE(Army Corps of Engineers) have most of the major lakes across the west and their parks then have no fee and 1/2 price camping. With that pass, we frequently have full hookups for only $13 per night! You need to take some time and check out the new  America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived