TST 507 TPMS...UGH!

rbertalotto

Terrible engineering!

I've had a TST 507 for a couple years now and constant issues. Batteries on some senders last over a year, other last a couple months. Drps sensors and then will be fine for months. Once a sensor is dropped it can take upwards of an hour to find it again........

But the biggest issue is the terrible design.

Came home from a camping trip. Driving for 5 hours. Everything was fine. Truck remained hooked to trailer and I leave the monitor on 24/7 because it can take upwards of an hour to find all the wheels when initially turned on. Not good!

Today I unhooked the truck from the trailer. Was away from the trailer for 1.5 hours. Monitor still reporting trailer....showing all was good!

When I got home I removed one of the trailer sensors to see if it would show a deflation.

NOTHING....still showed tire in good shape.

It has been over a half hour and nothing has changed. Still showing the tire as good.

Totally unacceptable........

Any idea if anyone make a better system that updates immediately or within a minute or two. Hours just doesn't get it! 

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I'm happy with my TST 507 with flow thru sensors.  Sent one sensor back for warranty replacement after I dorked it up.  No muss, no fuss.  Only time my monitor has taken a long time to show a reading is when the sensor battery is weak.  Replace the battery and it pops right up.  I also verify the pressure with an Accu Tire gauge every once in a while and the sensor readings are within spec.

If you are using quality batteries but still having problems, you should call the vendor or company for advice/possible warranty replacement.  

You don't mention how long your coach is/how far the sensors are from the monitor.  If over 40 feet, you may need a repeater.

We have had Pressure Pro for over 15 years(I think) and never a problem. My only frustration is the batteries are not replaceable but they do last for many years. I think we have replaced ours at the most twice but my thinking is once. Company is great to work with.

I noticed the same thing with my Eeez Tire system. I had started the truck up near the trailer and it picked up a couple of the trailer tire sensors. We drove to a store about 15mins away without the trailer and 30 mins later, it was still reporting those tire pressures on a trailer that was no where around. So basically if it loses a sensor signal, but keeps reporting it, you'll never know if it's really true or not. I need to get the extender on mine too as it keeps losing the trailer tires going down the road and just reports them as not there. 

Other thing I noticed is I have 12 sensors and it takes about 30 seconds to make the rounds showing each one. If I pull one off right after that sensor had given it's reading, it doesn't report it until it gets back around to it over 30 seconds later. You would think even though it's only showing each sensor every 3 seconds, in the background it should be monitoring each one in real time. 

I had asked if TST had his problem and someone said no, but I'm thinking they are all the same in that awy. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Twenty foot, dual axle toy hauler trailer. Monitor mounted above rear view mirror with no cap on truck. Pretty clear shot to the trailer.

Rarely lose a sensor, but when I do it can take an hour or more for it to come back.

Already talked to TST and they were great and sent me two new sensors and a new monitor no charge and didn't ask for the old ones back. Certainly can't complain about service. I just think it is a bad design from the get go.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Eeztire system with repeater. I have no problems. When a battery needs replaced, I replace them all. Last 2-3 years. When I am away from rv, it shows no reading for those tires. If I remove a sensor from a tire, it immediately alarms. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I have had the 507 system for about 6 years now, most of the time full-timing, and I am overall very happy.   Here are things I've learned:

1) Replacement battery quality is important, there are lots of expired and generic options out there that are cheaper, but usually die more quickly for me.

2) Cold weather affects battery life of course, I will sometimes get a low battery notification on the receiver that goes away as the temps rise and as the tire heats up.  Thats a good sign for me to replace the batteries.

3)  The receiver doesn't let me know that it has lost connection with a sending unit for a while, perhaps hours (ie when I drive away from the trailer and leave the receiver on).  This is odd to me, and is one of the few negatives.

4) If the trailer is long enough, and the batteries are so -so, you could be on the edge of a connection distance and not know you are getting a reliable signal (#3).  This was happening to me with the furthest tire away from the sensor occasionally.  So I opted to get the repeater and haven't noticed an issue since ( test by pulling off the sensors and hearing if the audible alarm goes off at the receiver, as well as rebooting the receiver while driving to see how fast the sensors will reconnect).  I believe the sensors send out a signal once every 5 mins unless an issue is detected, which then it signals immediately.

5) I have torn  2 rubber valve stems over the 6 years, possibly due to wear and tear of the added weight of the sensors.  As I replace tires I replace the valve stems to metal.

6)  I have had issues with sensors not connecting within a short time of rebooting the receiver, but the repeater seems to have fixed the issue.  

As an add, there customer service has been great to me.  I ran out of those little o-rings that you replace when you do battery changes, and they sent me more for free.

11 hours ago, rbertalotto said:

Terrible engineering!

I've had a TST 507 for a couple years now and constant issues. Batteries on some senders last over a year, other last a couple months. Drps sensors and then will be fine for months. Once a sensor is dropped it can take upwards of an hour to find it again........

But the biggest issue is the terrible design.

Came home from a camping trip. Driving for 5 hours. Everything was fine. Truck remained hooked to trailer and I leave the monitor on 24/7 because it can take upwards of an hour to find all the wheels when initially turned on. Not good!

Today I unhooked the truck from the trailer. Was away from the trailer for 1.5 hours. Monitor still reporting trailer....showing all was good!

When I got home I removed one of the trailer sensors to see if it would show a deflation.

NOTHING....still showed tire in good shape.

It has been over a half hour and nothing has changed. Still showing the tire as good.

Totally unacceptable........

Any idea if anyone make a better system that updates immediately or within a minute or two. Hours just doesn't get it! 

I also have a 507 system and can assure you that what you described is not normal behavior.  When a sensor is  removed my system alarms in 15-30 seconds.  Rather than blaming the system's design, try calling TST; I'm sure they'll work with you to identify the problem.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived