WILDEBILL308

This may help those evacuating ahead of Hurricane Irma.

"Those interested in RV or tent camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway should enter the facility at Entrance "E" off GA Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left. From I-75 and GA Highway 20, campers should see signs to AMS and follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” and the Speedway Credential Building. Make a right into Speedway property and then another immediate right onto Richard Petty Boulevard. Follow Richard Petty Boulevard and turn left into Entrance “G”. The campgrounds will be on the right."
Wednesday afternoon, Talladega Speedway announced it is also opening part of its campgrounds to evacuees. Those campgrounds include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas.
Referance, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-motor-speedway-opens-campgrounds-to-hurricane-irma-evacuees/604159342

Bill

This brings up a question in my mind. Do motor speedways(when there is no race) have overnight camping available? Like a fairground?

9 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

"Those interested in RV or tent camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway should enter the facility at Entrance "E" off GA Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left. From I-75 and GA Highway 20, campers should see signs to AMS and follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” and the Speedway Credential Building. Make a right into Speedway property and then another immediate right onto Richard Petty Boulevard. Follow Richard Petty Boulevard and turn left into Entrance “G”. The campgrounds will be on the right."
Wednesday afternoon, Talladega Speedway announced it is also opening part of its campgrounds to evacuees. Those campgrounds include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas.
Referance, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-motor-speedway-opens-campgrounds-to-hurricane-irma-evacuees/604159342

Bill

Great information. Thanks for sharing. If you are in Florida, please consider relocating for the storm.

Safe Travels!

25 minutes ago, StarDreamers.us said:

f you are in Florida, please consider relocating for the storm.

We have friends from Ocala that are leaving with the RV for Rainbow Plantation this morning. :)

SWharton, the only one I know of is Charlotte Motorspeedway. I knew they used to and just Goggled  it and seems like they still do. The only problem would be if an event is ongoing just like the fairgrounds. I've been to numerous tracks and Charlotte was the only one I remember. Since Eldora, OH. has been sold to Tony Stewart, I don't know, but under the former owners you could park overnight.

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/camping/yearround/