This may help those evacuating ahead of Hurricane Irma.

WILDEBILL308

"Those interested in RV or tent camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway should enter the facility at Entrance "E" off GA Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left. From I-75 and GA Highway 20, campers should see signs to AMS and follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” and the Speedway Credential Building. Make a right into Speedway property and then another immediate right onto Richard Petty Boulevard. Follow Richard Petty Boulevard and turn left into Entrance “G”. The campgrounds will be on the right."
Wednesday afternoon, Talladega Speedway announced it is also opening part of its campgrounds to evacuees. Those campgrounds include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas.
Referance, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-motor-speedway-opens-campgrounds-to-hurricane-irma-evacuees/604159342

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

9 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

"Those interested in RV or tent camping at Atlanta Motor Speedway should enter the facility at Entrance "E" off GA Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left. From I-75 and GA Highway 20, campers should see signs to AMS and follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” and the Speedway Credential Building. Make a right into Speedway property and then another immediate right onto Richard Petty Boulevard. Follow Richard Petty Boulevard and turn left into Entrance “G”. The campgrounds will be on the right."
Wednesday afternoon, Talladega Speedway announced it is also opening part of its campgrounds to evacuees. Those campgrounds include hot shower and restroom facilities, as well as water hookups on gravel and grassy areas.
Referance, http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-motor-speedway-opens-campgrounds-to-hurricane-irma-evacuees/604159342

Bill

Great information. Thanks for sharing. If you are in Florida, please consider relocating for the storm.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

25 minutes ago, StarDreamers.us said:

f you are in Florida, please consider relocating for the storm.

We have friends from Ocala that are leaving with the RV for Rainbow Plantation this morning. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

SWharton, the only one I know of is Charlotte Motorspeedway. I knew they used to and just Goggled  it and seems like they still do. The only problem would be if an event is ongoing just like the fairgrounds. I've been to numerous tracks and Charlotte was the only one I remember. Since Eldora, OH. has been sold to Tony Stewart, I don't know, but under the former owners you could park overnight.

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/camping/yearround/

Archived