RV Dealer sued for false claims

Velos

It went there on post # 47.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL . I saw that , but how are the two correlated ???

I give up....

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

'A lie or a lie by omission'. Bit of a long straw there. I once had someone ask me to tell them what I had forgotten and they would do it for me!!! Now how could I tell them what I couldn't remember. Silly statements simply show a lack of thought.

Back to the thread. We need to be careful about trying to make someone else responsible for our actions. If we go down that road the RV industry will be just like those tv ads for medication. 10 seconds of information and 30 seconds of disclaimers. Can you imagine standing there while a salesperson reads out all the things that we could have, should have or even did know!

To highlight the 'silly' analogies. I buy a motorhome and the salesperson doesn't tell me about its tow rating. So I go home and hook up my Hummer and flat tow it only to find out that the Hummer was tooooo heavy and pushed me down the mountain pass. Who's fault is it? Do I sue the salesman because he didn't read out a list of all the toads I couldn't tow. Or does he simply assume I've done some research and know what I'm doing? Can you imagine the resentment from some 'older/experienced' RVers who have to stand there while the salesperson goes all the way through their disclosures? And when is this disclosure done. At the time of signing the contract? After the purchaser has made up their mind. Or at the door of every rv we inspect?

Nah. Take responsibility for your own actions.

regards

I must have missed something . How did this go from trucks and trailers to SS death benefits ?

Please don't ask trick questions> :wacko:

I just realized that what Kirk is referring to in post #50 applies to our current situation in electing our new leaders. Both the ones snowing us and a lot of us as voters. IE: they are attempting to sell us by almost any means and some of us are buying based on emotions and little knowledge. The analogy is a far as I am going on the politics.

Is that from your experience as a buyer or seller? :P

Yes. Been burned both ways.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived