Classes of 2008 and 2009

Guest coldsmoke

So glad to hear Jim is doing well, I am sure in a few days he might agree!!!! We have been thinking of you guys all day, call if you need anything Sandy.

Deb and Mike

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to hear about Jim! Hope everything mends up like it's supposed to. Did they use all GM parts? :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Actually it is going to be a Hot Dog Roast. We will provide Hot Dogs and Buns as well as the Fire to cook them on. It will be BYOB and if dishes are needed to share I'll post soon. A head count would be nice, hope you can all attend. I'll be heading west and north the following morning.

Joe

Hey, Joe, count us in!!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I sat in the shade and carved away the day again. Still no laundry. This evening I took one of the cowgirls out to the Italian restaurant in Brawley. I had a good time and put on a few more pounds I don't need. I wish I was joining you guys in Yuma but that's a little far. Great Jim, I'll race you to the dinner table.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It's a busy place around here. Here's our white board ----

Wednesday -- RV wrecking yard.

Wednesday evening -- Da Boyz

Thursday night -- snacks and campfire with the Lairds and Prathers.

Saturday night - Joe's place

Sunday -- Day of rest

:D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Sunday -- Day of rest

Add Joe and probably Lynda to that gathering.

Steve, got you and Carol as well as Freddie and Delcie, Terry and Jeri added to the list for Saturday Night.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Had a busy day yesterday. Went down to San Luis in the morning to look around. Didn't go into Mexico, but you might as well be in Mexico there. We ate at a small taco place where none of the employees could speak English. When we approached the two girls to order, they had this "deer in the headlights" look about them and it turned out "no ab-la Inglis" was the problem. It took awhile to get our order figured out, but finally did and the food was fine. After looking the place over, and noting the "WALL" was right there, and an armed guard was in the school parking lot, we headed back to the bus to meet the cleaning crew. Two guys showed up and washed and hand waxed Bessybus and the washed the truck too. Brought their own water and did a nice job for $120. Bus sure was looking dirty, but shines now. They used McGuire's wax and it took them a couple of hours to git it done.

Then we had to go to town and get a few groceries, and by the time we got back to the bus it was too late to go to the campfire out west with the group parked on BLM by Pilots Knob. Looks like we will be meeting a few of them at Da Boyz restaurant this evening. Well coffee is ready, (with fresh water), so got to go. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Had a busy day yesterday. Went down to San Luis in the morning to look around. Didn't go into Mexico, but you might as well be in Mexico there. We ate at a small taco place where none of the employees could speak English. When we approached the two girls to order, they had this "deer in the headlights" look about them and it turned out "no ab-la Inglis" was the problem. It took awhile to get our order figured out, but finally did and the food was fine. After looking the place over, and noting the "WALL" was right there, and an armed guard was in the school parking lot, we headed back to the bus to meet the cleaning crew. Two guys showed up and washed and hand waxed Bessybus and the washed the truck too. Brought their own water and did a nice job for $120. Bus sure was looking dirty, but shines now. They used McGuire's wax and it took them a couple of hours to git it done.

Then we had to go to town and get a few groceries, and by the time we got back to the bus it was too late to go to the campfire out west with the group parked on BLM by Pilots Knob. Looks like we will be meeting a few of them at Da Boyz restaurant this evening. Well coffee is ready, (with fresh water), so got to go. Steve

Steve,

You guys need to go to Algodones, Mexico. You will find good food and lots of friendly natives there. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Getting ready for Da Boyz.Think I can get there from here in time? I have that song "I'll be home for Christmas" running in my head--"...If only in my dreams." :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I slept late this morning. For me that is good I usually wake up about 5 and can't go back to sleep. I never even opened my door until Noon. then I sat outside a carved a while until Happy hour at 3. They served pot roast for the Wednesday dinner. It sure was good. Now I'm sitting here looking out the window at the dark and wondering what kind of trouble I can get myself into tonight. But I did accomplish one thing. I got by one more day without doing the laundry. If I can put it off long enough it will rot and I won't have to wash it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Getting ready for Da Boyz.Think I can get there from here in time? I have that song "I'll be home for Christmas" running in my head--"...If only in my dreams." :)

Linda Sand

Linda,

It was every bit as you remember it! All the truths, lies and hot air flying around! The food was so plentyful I think we all walked out with a box! A great evening with good friends.... has to be a favorite place in my mind too!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Gee, I missed Da Boyz and had to settle for an Italian Dinner and a Beautiful Cowgril to keep me from crying in my Cranberry Juice.

We had a bit of that "Quick Air" today. It went sailing past here at about 30 mph all day long. It was too windy to sit outside so I took a trip into Brawley to get a couple of Items I was running low on. I got back about 2PM and decided to take a Steve until Happy Hour at 3 PM. Well, I woke up at about 4:15 PM. So now I don't know whats going on around here even if it is the same things that they announced yesterday. I hope the wind has settled down a bit by tomorrow.

Sunday -- Day of rest

Seems the wind decided to blow yesterday afternoon and into the evening so the Campfire got cancelled. However we found out that you can fit 12 people into Freddie and Delcie's rig. Great time with the group and yes we did talk about everyone that wasn't there. Today is an Off Day, so will start getting things around the rig ready to travel again. Also get a couple of things set up for tomorrow evenings Camp Fire\Wienie Roast.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Seems the wind decided to blow yesterday afternoon and into the evening so the Campfire got cancelled. However we found out that you can fit 12 people into Freddie and Delcie's rig. Great time with the group and yes we did talk about everyone that wasn't there. Today is an Off Day, so will start getting things around the rig ready to travel again. Also get a couple of things set up for tomorrow evenings Camp Fire\Wienie Roast.

Joe

Looking forward to that Wienie Roast tomorrow night....Was amazed how many different conversations we could get going in such a small space! My idea of a windy campfire..... inside a rig! ;) That's the Foofy way! It was another great time. We miss ya, all of you that aren't here, but if we'd have had many more at Freddie and Delcie's we would have been double stackin! Today is a day of resting up here at this rig!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Looking forward to that Wienie Roast tomorrow night....Was amazed how many different conversations we could get going in such a small space! My idea of a windy campfire..... inside a rig! ;) That's the Foofy way! It was another great time. We miss ya, all of you that aren't here, but if we'd have had many more at Freddie and Delcie's we would have been double stackin! Today is a day of resting up here at this rig!

We arrived at Rovers' Roost (Site 13) at 1:00. Easy drive no problems. Man, does it feel like home. Dozens of Hi How Are Ya's already and we haven't even been to Happy Hour.

Last night was so fun. We will miss you all but I know that we will see some of you sooner and some of you later.

{{{{HUGS}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well the wind died down a bit so I sat outside and carved after taking my morning walk. One of the cowgirls came over and ask if I'd figure out how her seat goes on her bike. (New Seat) I put it on for her, then she whipped out a drink holder and ask if I'd put that on too. By the time I got that on it was time for happy hour. Oh Well, thats how the day goes around here.

We arrived at Rovers' Roost (Site 13) at 1:00. Easy drive no problems. Man, does it feel like home. Dozens of Hi How Are Ya's already and we haven't even been to Happy Hour.

Last night was so fun. We will miss you all but I know that we will see some of you sooner and some of you later.

{{{{HUGS}}}

Glad you made the trip o.k. We have had an uneventful day here in Yuma. A day of rest, with a trip to the RV Store to buy lightbulbs....Al's had 15% off of everything sale today. Like to go to them. We will be coming over to see you in Casa soon after the 14th. Will let ya know the date. We will hold up the deal at Joes tomorrow, and miss you guys but talk about ya good! Rest and enjoy!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We got to "The Ranch" at Lakewood NM about 3 pm yeaterday. Had a great "Happy hour". We will say "hi" to anyone for anyone. We are thinking of staying one month here. I would like to be in "Q" but to far to walk.

Freddie and Delice: We stayed a couple of day in Paducah two week back. That place sure has dryed up. we are talking of putting up a pole barn to park under. See you down the road.

safe travel

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Well I rode on the Float at the Tomato festival in Niland today. This town has more people than I thought. The Parade route was about a mile long and people sitting in their lawn chairs lined the way. There was one thing that struck me funny. The participants in the parade are not allowed to throw candy to the spectators. So, Guess what. The spectators threw candy at us in the floats. After the parade we went over to the fair ground and looked for a corn dogs or funnel cake stand. In the process we went in a building that had food stands set up inside and a stage where someone was yelling about the candidates for the Judge's race. When all of at once The El Centro West Side HS Band came in and started playing. It was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. (maybe I wasn't thinking) After getting out of that place the group I was with wandered around on the midway for a while then we headed for the Slabs for a nice Steve.

Wienie Roast went off GREAT. Was a nice evening so we were all able to sit out around the fire and you talk about conversations. :o I guarantee if you weren't there to protect yourself, your ears should have been burning. :lol: All in All another GREAT evening with lots of friends. So today I get to see if I can break my pin loose on the map and move it to a different location. Going to be covering a bit of country over the next week, but will try to keep that pesky pin updated as I go.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

A note was sent this morning from Lee Finlay's family. I wanted to post it here for those who knew him. As Julie indicated previously, Lee has just gone on ahead of us to select a spot for the great campfire on the other side. He went first just so he could pick out the best spot for the rest of us. Lee was a dear friend and we were truly blessed to have known him. He lived his dream of fulltime RVing for about three years.

From his family ....

"Lee has left our world and entered the next in peace February 4th. He had all his family near him his final days. Any one who would like to send cards may do so.

A memorial service will be held in Waco TX within the next two weeks at the VFW post # 6008. I will let all of you know the address and time in a couple days.

Thank you for being loving friends."

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net