Classes of 2008 and 2009

Current plan is for us to arrive on the 15th. Might only be there for the one night though.

Joe

I know. Roughing it is difficult. However, if you bring a long extension cord, we'll plug you into Steve's rig. If you have a long sewer hose, we'll see that we connect that to Freddy's tank. What other excuse do you have? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope ya'll haven't counted me out yet! I've been holding out.....because we're trying to sell the big rig. I am most definitely planning on coming up to Q to see ya'll but right now planning on driving up from Yuma for a day or two. It's not that far and a really pretty drive. I want to come up when most of ya are there. Granted it's not as close as Yuma BLM but that's ok. Danny KayCee and I are looking forward to seeing everybody!

Don't forget to post on "Class Gathering at Q" forum so your name gets on the list. :)

Hey Dave (as in Sailbad) -- I need Millie's email. I want to respond to a post she left on my blog. :D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know. Roughing it is difficult. However, if you bring a long extension cord, we'll plug you into Steve's rig. If you have a long sewer hose, we'll see that we connect that to Freddy's tank. What other excuse do you have? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmm well now that you mention it, Good Fresh Water would be nice. :o There are reasons for us needing to be elsewhere shortly after the 15th. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Not much happening at the Slabs today. I finished a walking stick I was working on so now that is out of the way. I'll pack up the carving tools for a while and see if I can get all these aches and pains shipped off to someone that gives me a hard time. I did mostly painting on that walking stick today so it didn't put much pressure on the wrist.

Tomorrow morning they are going to have Omelet in a bag as a group breakfast. They give everyone a baggie and two eggs. Then they have a table set up with chopped tomatoes, peppers, sausage, Ham etc on it. You put what you want in the bag encluding the eggs. (Leave them in the shell if you like crunchy stuff. HA.) Zip up the bag and write your name on it and drop it in a big pot of boiling water. A little later come back and fish out your bag with the provided tongs and Walla, a very good omelet. But the best part is talking with everyone while you are waiting for your bag to cook. They also serve Hash Browns, English Muffin, and Juice with it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

So here I am, parked in the pucker brush, when I find this couple lost in the desert.

I guided them back to the hiway and they rewarded me with a fine lunch.

Jeri, Terry and I had a nice chat and I will look forward to seeing them again soon.

Have you noticed, every time someone comes to visit, it cost them a meal?

Now if I can keep the rest of you spaced out right, I should be well fed all winter!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

So here I am, parked in the pucker brush, when I find this couple lost in the desert.

I guided them back to the hiway and they rewarded me with a fine lunch.

Jeri, Terry and I had a nice chat and I will look forward to seeing them again soon.

Have you noticed, every time someone comes to visit, it cost them a meal?

Now if I can keep the rest of you spaced out right, I should be well fed all winter!

We certainly did wander around looking for you. You are parked in the Outback of the BLM. It was a wonderful lunch and great to see you again. Maybe you need to create your own calendar and pencil in what day you assign everyone. That way they'll know when to show up and take you to lunch.

We picked up a water bladder like yours at the little consignment store in town and got some keys made. At least we have it whether or not we go to the BLM for December or wait until January. We discovered an ATV club at one of the parks there so that's pulling at us for December. We don't know. Decisions, decisions, decisions. You know that's my strong point. :)

It was well after dark when we got back on the other side of Phoenix!

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

They had the breakfast in a bag this morning and the group loved it. I didn't go because I got up at 5 and couldn't make it till 8 without eating two breakfast. So I ate at 5:30 then at 7 AM I went to the fire ring and had the second cup of coffee and sat around gabbing until they started to eat then I went back to my rig. This evening I took one of the young Cowgirls out to dinner at the steak house in Calipatria. It wasn't bad at all. The steak was a little thin for being a NY Strip but it was tender and tasted very good. While there we met another young lady that was single but staying at the Motel. She got all enthused about our full time RV life style and joined us at our table. We sat and talked for 2 hours. Tomorrow at 8 AM we are going into Niland to the Chuckwagon and have breakfast as a group. No wonder I'm getting back all the weight I lost all last summer.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Boy, Dave, sure glad you found those "poor lost souls" out there in the desert and guided them to safety. They didn't have yellow or green ATV's by any chance did they? :rolleyes:

Rained here all night and into this morning. We finally decided to go to the "Holiday Market" at the fairgrounds and check it out. I was booming. They had a farmers market, and a market for all kinds of crafts and a food court. We enjoyed it all, and even scored a few Christmas presents in the process. I think we even convinced a few of them to come to "Q" in Jan and see what they could do. All of the football teams that I watch lost today, so I'm drowning my sorrows in cranberry juice...... :o Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Boy, Dave, sure glad you found those "poor lost souls" out there in the desert and guided them to safety. They didn't have yellow or green ATV's by any chance did they? :rolleyes:

Rained here all night and into this morning. We finally decided to go to the "Holiday Market" at the fairgrounds and check it out. I was booming. They had a farmers market, and a market for all kinds of crafts and a food court. We enjoyed it all, and even scored a few Christmas presents in the process. I think we even convinced a few of them to come to "Q" in Jan and see what they could do. All of the football teams that I watch lost today, so I'm drowning my sorrows in cranberry juice...... :o Steve

Yep....Nebraska got spanked by Michigan. We forgot to show up!!! We have two teams you know, one that shows up..... and one that doesn't!Somebody said we may go to the Alamo bowl, and somebody else said we don't even deserve the "Toilet Bowl" this year! I agree. 16 degrees here this morning! No snow and the sun is up so it will be another beautiful crisp fall day..I sure would like to be having farmers market veggies now. Enjoy!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Yep....Nebraska got spanked by Michigan. We forgot to show up!!! We have two teams you know, one that shows up..... and one that doesn't!Somebody said we may go to the Alamo bowl, and somebody else said we don't even deserve the "Toilet Bowl" this year! I agree. 16 degrees here this morning! No snow and the sun is up so it will be another beautiful crisp fall day..I sure would like to be having farmers market veggies now. Enjoy!

Well Kay it's colder in Nebraska than it is in British Columbia. -3* C or 26* F here this morning with a "chance" of snow this evening but rain by tomorrow afternoon. We have a pad we put over our bedroom window to keep out the cold at night. This morning I was able to carve our initials (in a heart) in the ice on the window. Oh, did I mention the water is frozen and we did keep the tank warmers on all night. It's toasty warm in here as I write this though. We keep our eyes on the goal - December 27th. That's just 38 days.

As far as football goes - Sorry Steve and Kay - maybe you should watch some Canadian football today. Our BC Lions are in the semi finals this afternoon. And you know what, we don't even care. Hockey for us and hmmmm the Canucks are being their usual inconsistent team.

HUGS all around.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Easy day today at the SLABs. 6 of us went to breakfast at the Chuchwagon in Niland. CA this morning. It was pretty good but I've had better. I enjoyed the gab fest with the other 5 people more than the breakfast. We relived a lot of past events. This evening I put in an order for some ceramic stones for knife sharpening. Now I have something to look forward to. I'll bug the gal that goes after the mail for the Slab Lows until it gets here. Then I'll bug her somemore for not getting it here faster. We did a little off road driving on the way home from breakfast. Lots of fun.

Easy day today at the SLABs. 6 of us went to breakfast at the Chuchwagon in Niland. CA this morning. It was pretty good but I've had better. I enjoyed the gab fest with the other 5 people more than the breakfast. We relived a lot of past events. This evening I put in an order for some ceramic stones for knife sharpening. Now I have something to look forward to. I'll bug the gal that goes after the mail for the Slab Lows until it gets here. Then I'll bug her somemore for not getting it here faster. We did a little off road driving on the way home from breakfast. Lots of fun.

Off road driving?? You didn't see Jeri & Terry running around out there did you?

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

11/21 - 11/27 At the SKP park in Casa Grande to have Thanksgiving with fellow SKPs since not near family this year before heading to Mesa for the rest of the winter.

Carol

We have spent a lot of time there at Rovers' Roost. You are in great hands. Hi to all our friends.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well, got up at the "crack of 10" and it was raining. Made coffee and waited to see if the UPS truck was going to deliver our satellite. Sure enough about 12:30 she showed up, and was looking around to see where she could get rid of that "big package"! The Elks lodge was closed today, so I snuck over there and put a sign for the UPS truck on their front door. She couldn't see us, but blew her horn and we ran (slowly mind you) around the corner and flagged her down. Now we have one large package in the living room, and still can't watch TV :rolleyes: . There is a satellite installation place right down the street from us and I think I'll call him and see how much he will charge me to put ours up. With the rain (wet roof) and all, I think I'll farm this one out. They sent us the whole unit, controller and all, so that should get us fixed up. Would like to get out of here before it snows!! :lol:

After getting the satellite in the house, we went out on the town for lunch. We found a nice place in the middle of downtown called Café Zenon that had a good recommendation and went in to check it out. We started out with a "hot buttered rum" and that did a good job of cutting through the dampness and charging up our spirits. I had the blackened, talepa, tilape, talipa, oh heck, fish, with bourbon butter, wilted spinach and rice, and Carol had the pulled pork with a wilted salad, and both were excellent. After we drove around the "Ducks" stadium, (there were still a few of them crying in the parking lot), and then checked out a sporting goods store before trying to find the bus again. Still raining, so getting ready to check the movie supply and see if there's anything there we haven't watched too many times. :P Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

It rained here last night, or was that some of those DUCKS crying as the flew over. The day was uneventful but this evening one of the Cowgirls that I took out to dinner last week invited me to her place for dinner tonight. I enjoyed the evening but I think I'll stick to taking them OUT to dinner. It goes much smoother. When I came back home I took a Steve so now I'll probably sit up half the night. I hope it wasn't one of those Yellow or Green 4 wheelers that was following us up the hill we didn't quite make and slid back down backwards. The hill wasn't very high but it was about a 60 degree slope. We hit the hill right out of a 90 degree turn out of a narrow wash and didn't have enough momentum to get over the top. There is now an inprint of a jeep's spare tire in the bank of the wash. We ended up having to find another way out of the wash which has banks on both sides about 10 feet high. I'm sure glad I wasn't in my truck with the longer rear overhang. That wash was so narrow I don't think I could have made some of the turns. When I was up in Pie Town I was checking out some of the back roads and came out of one onto a maintained road. There was a drop off between the two roads and I bent the step on the back of my truck. When I started to hook up my trialer to leave I couldn't get the hitch past the step so I had to drive 27 miles to the little town of Quemado to find someone with a sledge to bang the step out of the receivers. I got it straitened and back in but I had to beat it back in. So If I bend it again I won't be able to hook up the trailer again,

It rained here last night, or was that some of those DUCKS crying as the flew over. The day was uneventful but this evening one of the Cowgirls that I took out to dinner last week invited me to her place for dinner tonight. I enjoyed the evening but I think I'll stick to taking them OUT to dinner. It goes much smoother. When I came back home I took a Steve so now I'll probably sit up half the night. I hope it wasn't one of those Yellow or Green 4 wheelers that was following us up the hill we didn't quite make and slid back down backwards. The hill wasn't very high but it was about a 60 degree slope. We hit the hill right out of a 90 degree turn out of a narrow wash and didn't have enough momentum to get over the top. There is now an inprint of a jeep's spare tire in the bank of the wash. We ended up having to find another way out of the wash which has banks on both sides about 10 feet high. I'm sure glad I wasn't in my truck with the longer rear overhang. That wash was so narrow I don't think I could have made some of the turns. When I was up in Pie Town I was checking out some of the back roads and came out of one onto a maintained road. There was a drop off between the two roads and I bent the step on the back of my truck. When I started to hook up my trialer to leave I couldn't get the hitch past the step so I had to drive 27 miles to the little town of Quemado to find someone with a sledge to bang the step out of the receivers. I got it straitened and back in but I had to beat it back in. So If I bend it again I won't be able to hook up the trailer again,

You need one of those orange or red flags on the back of your truck. That way you can be seen when you decide to drive down a wash with canyon high sides.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Hi All

Thought we better check in as our little pin on the map has been taken over by a ghost - moved it last week to Livingston - well I tried to move it - appears it went to Hudson Bay instead. Of course Steve tried to order a new fur coat from me since we must have become fur traders!

So this morning I tried to move the pin again - it is M.I.A. !!!!!

our info is in the written list below the map - so that will have to do until our pin returns from outer space.

Actually - only Mike is at Livingston - I am in Omaha for a Grand baby fix.

We will not make Q this year - Sounds like it will be a fun gathering, we will have a virtual cranberry juice and fire from Florida, need to be in Tallahassee for Mike's Mom 90th BD.

We will wonder around Texas for the next month and then head to Florida.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Julie,Mike has been kickng back with a cigar in one hand, and a beer in the other since you left, haha. Actually, he spent yesterday cleaning the nose of the trailer.The weather here took a turn for the worse as soon as you left!

We're in Livingston until the first week of December, then we'll move on to somewhere...

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I see it, I followed the cigar smoke trail and located it by the pile of beer cans!! :unsure:

We have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:00 to get our satellite changed out. This guy has a fork lift, so that sounded like a better deal than me climbing around on the roof. ;)

We toured the Marathon RV plant today. They are not building any RV's right now, but they said they were going to start production in January as they do have a few orders. We took a look at a few of their 1.5M coaches and were very careful not to touch or break anything :o Talk about "rich for your blood". They were nice, but way too shiny, and waaaay out of my pay grade. It was sad to see the huge plant silent. We toured the work stations where they do all of their custom work as most of these coaches are designed by order. They are located right across the street from the Monaco plant, where there was activity going on at least. We are going to take a tour over there in a day or two.

Now it's laundry time and there is one just around the corner, so by for now. Steve

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Don't forget to post on "Class Gathering at Q" forum so your name gets on the list. :)

I cannot FIND this post you referred to... can you please advise?!!?

-Don

p.s. We're in Temecula for T'giving with all 4 g-kids -- just arrived after getting new MCD shades installed (back in McKinney) and a short visit to PHX for replacement winch cable, so the smart-loader is back in working order (we think/hope).

p.p.s Can't recall the MAP location, need to re-discover that bookmark... maybe someone can re-post that, also?!?

(Ooops --- I found it, and update our pin; we did stop-over in Q, en route, just o'nite at KOFA Mtn park,,, sorry we couldn't visit, Lee-IYQ; maybe next time -- after Jan 23, or thereabouts.)

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

I cannot FIND this post you referred to... can you please advise?!!?

-Don

p.s. We're in Temecula for T'giving with all 4 g-kids -- just arrived after getting new MCD shades installed (back in McKinney) and a short visit to PHX for replacement winch cable, so the smart-loader is back in working order (we think/hope).

p.p.s Can't recall the MAP location, need to re-discover that bookmark... maybe someone can re-post that, also?!?

(Ooops --- I found it, and update our pin; we did stop-over in Q, en route, just o'nite at KOFA Mtn park,,, sorry we couldn't visit, Eric; maybe next time -- after Jan 23, or thereabouts.)

I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=90708

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=90708

That is the one!! Let us know DonF if we can expect you for our own little party!! This party is from January 15 - 20. However, quite a few will be there around the 1st week of January.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!