CLASS OF 2016

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome Maggie,

I just retired on Christmas eve and and hot and heavy into the downsizing mode to prep our house for sale in a few months. Listing more stuff on Craigslist daily. We're signed up for the Escapee rally and boot camp in VT in July and expect we'll be living full time in the RV by the time of the rally or a few weeks before.

Tell us about your rig! Got any pics?

Hi,

I have pictures but haven't figured out how to get them from my phone to this computer. I will work on that one once I retire and have more time. :)

Maggie Blair

Please keep us posted on Florida Keys. I've never been to Florida and the Keys are high on my list. I have a million questions for you so please stay in touch.

Maggie, Abby and Sassy

Will do. Staying at Kings Bay, GA right now, then to Melbourne Beach, en-route to Key West.

George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 640W of Solar

2012 Ram 3500, DRW, Cummins, Big Horn, Q20, Retrax Pro

Retired US Army

Heading south today.... 19 degrees here in Augusta !

Maine or Georgia? :-) I'm an hour south of Augusta (Maine) where it's 14F right now with a real feel of 3F. We'll be in much warmer climate a year from now! Last Maine winter for a few years anyway. 99 days until we get our "new" coach out of storage and start prepping it for full time life.

Edited by Mainuh

Cheers,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

less then a month until I retire I have a work camping job lined up in Wisconsin for this summer starting late April, I'm hoping we have mild March weather so I can get my 5th wheel cleaned and organized :)

Good luck with the plan, Mike! And good deal on the work camping job! Our rig is in storage and we'll pick it up in 89 days (but who's counting?) and start prepping it for full time living.

Cheers,

Don

Will do. Staying at Kings Bay, GA right now, then to Melbourne Beach, en-route to Key West.

So, we were too late to get into the Keys. Sigsbee turning RV around. We are hanging out on the Space coast for a while.

George and Ann Marie

Retired US Army

Maine or Georgia? :-) I'm an hour south of Augusta (Maine) where it's 14F right now with a real feel of 3F. We'll be in much warmer climate a year from now! Last Maine winter for a few years anyway. 99 days until we get our "new" coach out of storage and start prepping it for full time life.

Augusta, Ga....Safe travels.

George and Ann Marie

Retired US Army

Congrats HopeImakeit!

I hope to be doing same around May or June. We're at the mercy of how quickly we can sell our house. We are putting the final touches on everything now, and realtor comes next Sunday (maybe Valentines Day will be good luck) to take pictures and list the following week. She is saying market in our area is good right now, for homes in our price range, so we are hoping to have some good news on this as quickly as possible. It seems hard to believe we're down to this final stage.....but very excited to get going! Take care all!

Gracie's Golden Getaway

Barry and Marianne traveling full-time with Golden Retriever Maggie

2014 Ford F-450 DRW Super Heavy Duty Lariat with

2015 Solitude 305RE since June 2016.

Mandolin57 glad to hear you are getting close. Have been planning for this for three years. Seemed like it took a lot longer.

Imagine it feels that way to you. Hang in there. Hope your house sells quickly. In a few months will be hitting the road. Might see you out there. Good luck

See you on the road!

Today was last day of work. Now officially retired. Now waiting until May so can pull skirting off fifth wheel and begin traveling where we want not where work wanted.

Congrats HopeImakeit!

I hope to be doing same around May or June. We're at the mercy of how quickly we can sell our house. We are putting the final touches on everything now, and realtor comes next Sunday (maybe Valentines Day will be good luck) to take pictures and list the following week. She is saying market in our area is good right now, for homes in our price range, so we are hoping to have some good news on this as quickly as possible. It seems hard to believe we're down to this final stage.....but very excited to get going! Take care all!

Congrats to both of you! Feels good to see the plan coming together eh? I retired 12/24/15 and working diligently getting the house ready to list, selling things on craigslist etc.. Counting down at 80 days today before we go get the coach out of storage and bring it home to prep it for full time life. We'll probably list the house in early May. Daughter has thrown a curve in that we'll be hanging around a little longer for a possible wedding in late September, but I suspect the house will be sold then and we'll be living in the rig. But we'll definitely be headed to warmer climates by October. But we're signed up for for the Escapee rally in VT as well as boot camp in July. Looking forward to that.

Good luck with your plans!

Counting the days till we can go get our rig! (Tucked in for winter in the northeast)

IMG_0907.jpg

Cheers,

Don

Mainuh thanks glad things are working out for you hope the house sells fast for you. Things are looking like they are warming up here but still not taking the skirting off. Have seen too many times that we have recieved two feet of snow in April or May.

Best of luck to every one.

Nice coach Mainuh

See you on the road!

My wife retires March 31. I retire April 30. We're keeping our ranch in northern NM as a home base. We're hitting the road in early May and will be in New England for the summer as a host at a COE site. After summer, we plan to head back out West for the fall and hunting season. So, 2016 is working out for my wife and I as full-timers (?).

Thanks Don and Hopeimakeit! ..... Don, you have a nice looking camper there! We have ours under cover here in PA as well, but are getting very antsy to get her out and start to load things for our permanent home. It won't be 80 days yet for sure. Hoping to start by early April if the weather cooperates. Take care and hope everything comes together for you all as well and you can get out quickly.

Hopeimakeit.....yes....for us it's been about 5 years planning and you're right....it's coming down to the wire, but for all of us. Hopefully, it will be a reality soon. Take care and I wish the best for you too!

Edited by mandolin57

Gracie's Golden Getaway

Barry and Marianne traveling full-time with Golden Retriever Maggie

2014 Ford F-450 DRW Super Heavy Duty Lariat with

2015 Solitude 305RE since June 2016.

Getting closer! I've been listing things on craigslist and have scheduled a meeting with a realtor to get the house listed. On one hand I'm excited, on the other nervous.

--

Roger Wilson

Callsign: W0GER

2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40'

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

• 2 weeks later...

Ramblin Reck glad to hear you are celebrating one month. Glad for you.

Every day that it is nice here I am so wanting to take the skirting off the RV and hit the road but have seen 21/2 foot of snow hit in March and even April so guess we will be staying put until May..

Roger Wilson. Hang in there. I'm sure once you get on the road you will realize it is all worth it

See you on the road!

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally retired Feb. 26th 2016 been moving stuff out to the 5er since the weather has been warm.

I have knee replacement on March 28th need everything to go good and I need to heal fast so I can get to my summer work camping job. :)

Today I had new tires put on my truck I still need to get ball joints replaced one side and an alignment then the truck will ready.

I have a phone interview in a couple days for a work camping job in Mission Texas for the winter not really where I was thinking of going but I like the job description and I checked out the campground on line it seems like a nice campground.

that's my update

Mike
2007 Montana 3500rl
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

event.png

I am finally retired Feb. 26th 2016 been moving stuff out to the 5er since the weather has been warm.

I have knee replacement on March 28th need everything to go good and I need to heal fast so I can get to my summer work camping job. :)

Today I had new tires put on my truck I still need to get ball joints replaced one side and an alignment then the truck will ready.

I have a phone interview in a couple days for a work camping job in Mission Texas for the winter not really where I was thinking of going but I like the job description and I checked out the campground on line it seems like a nice campground.

that's my update

Kampincrazy,

Good luck on your knee replacement. So far I've been able to avoid that, but have had other issues so I guess no one can escape some malady.

We spent January at Bentsen Palms RV Resort in Mission, TX and enjoyed it. We have never been to South Texas before so it was interesting and an enjoyable change from Florida. There is plenty to do and as you would expect the Mexican food is plentiful and tasty. I think the jalapenos there are even hotter than anywhere else. Lots of things to see and do and a lot of folks make the trek over to Mexico. We decided not to do that, but might another time. We then headed west and spent some time in Terlingua and Lajitas int the desert at Big Bend National Park. It is worth the trip and quite the experience.

I wrote a few posts about our visit to Mission and Big Bend on our blog. http://fulltimingit.com Just be mindful of the mice that want to try to come into your rig when you are parked for a long time, and you'll get used to the constant sound of Border Patrol helicopters flying above the park at night. Actually we had fun and there were a lot of activities held by the park staff. The local folks love their "Winter Texans".

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

Congrats to both of you! Feels good to see the plan coming together eh? I retired 12/24/15 and working diligently getting the house ready to list, selling things on craigslist etc.. Counting down at 80 days today before we go get the coach out of storage and bring it home to prep it for full time life. We'll probably list the house in early May. Daughter has thrown a curve in that we'll be hanging around a little longer for a possible wedding in late September, but I suspect the house will be sold then and we'll be living in the rig. But we'll definitely be headed to warmer climates by October. But we're signed up for for the Escapee rally in VT as well as boot camp in July. Looking forward to that.

Good luck with your plans!

Counting the days till we can go get our rig! (Tucked in for winter in the northeast)

IMG_0907.jpg

Don,

I haven't talked to you in a while, but it sounds like things are going pretty well for you. Even if you stay in the area a little longer, hopefully you will have sold the house.

Boy that Mountain Aire is sure shining under the lights. That is a really nice coach and I'm sure you will be very happy with it. I know you are ready to get that thing out of storage and ready to go. We have been traveling most of the winter and just got back from a nine week trip. Details on the blog: http://fulltimingit.com

We have been having so much fun traveling that we have ignored getting the house ready. We are back on it now, but leave for a month here shortly, however, we will then be here till August when we leave for three months again. Somehow we will get this place ready in the next year. :D

Doesn't look like we will make Vermont this summer, but hope to catch up with you soon.

Good luck with that MA.

Steve

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

Don,

I haven't talked to you in a while, but it sounds like things are going pretty well for you. Even if you stay in the area a little longer, hopefully you will have sold the house.

Boy that Mountain Aire is sure shining under the lights. That is a really nice coach and I'm sure you will be very happy with it. I know you are ready to get that thing out of storage and ready to go. We have been traveling most of the winter and just got back from a nine week trip. Details on the blog: http://fulltimingit.com

We have been having so much fun traveling that we have ignored getting the house ready. We are back on it now, but leave for a month here shortly, however, we will then be here till August when we leave for three months again. Somehow we will get this place ready in the next year. :D

Doesn't look like we will make Vermont this summer, but hope to catch up with you soon.

Good luck with that MA.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you. I've been watching your blog here and there. This past week it was base plate install on our new Jeep Grand Cherokee (traded Jane's Subaru as it was not towable). I now know how to take the front bumper on and off a Jeep as well as wiring the tail lights. Using pin 5 coming from coach to supply a battery maintainer for the jeep and run a 12v supply for the Patriot brake system. That was an education and much of last week on my garage floor! But it's good to go now! We haven't officially listed our house but it's getting ready. Will list in May when we get back with the MA. Jane is officially retiring 4/15 and we've moved our delivery date up to 4/27 since we've had a very mild winter here in the northeast. I put a description of the house on Zillow with a "Make me move" price and in 2 weeks, it's had 900 views and 9 people have saved to their favorites knowing it'll be listed in 2 months. Hopefully that'll translate to a quick sale at the price we want. My brother lived 2 miles away and did the same with his. He had 3 eager buyers bidding on day 1 and they got $21K more than asking price. Fingers crossed...

I trust you are enjoying that beautiful new coach. Sounds like an ordeal on the Oasis system and shake down cruise, but glad you got it resolved. Someone should be embarrassed on that oasis one! Sorry we won't see you in VT in July but hope to catch up with you once we are on the road and out of New England. It looks like we may be able to skip town in August if the house is closed. Sort of pondering whether or not we could get to NM in time for the balloon festival.

Keep in touch!

Cheers,

Don