CLASS OF 2016

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Any other Class-of-2016 headed to TX or AZ this winter? We have scheduled RV School driving lessons in Livingston Tx for 11/21-11/22, and Tgiving with family in Dallas. Then some TX RVing for a few weeks, eventually landing in BOOMERVILLE in Quartzsite, then the Newmar rally there - both in January.

After that - who knows? Suggestions appreciated, always!

TTYL -

CC & Co

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

New baby DSDP 4018 due 10/2016

Heading towards TX starting 11/2016

Jello plans: US Rockies 2017, Alaska 2018

Yesterday we celebrated our first year anniversary. Full-timing is everything we thought and hoped it would be.

Hi Rick and Mary, Congrats on the 1 year mark. It was great meeting you both at the Escapees Northeast chapter rally. We're coming up on the 3 month mark. :-) We're in NY near Rochester and turning south Monday for PA, NC, then generally towards the FL pan handle and TX before heading to AZ in December. Hoping we'll run into you at Quartsite or Yuma this winter. Safe travels and stay in touch!

Cheers,

Don

Any other Class-of-2016 headed to TX or AZ this winter? We have scheduled RV School driving lessons in Livingston Tx for 11/21-11/22, and Tgiving with family in Dallas. Then some TX RVing for a few weeks, eventually landing in BOOMERVILLE in Quartzsite, then the Newmar rally there - both in January.

After that - who knows? Suggestions appreciated, always!

TTYL -

CC & Co

We are heading out Monday, first south from Indiana to Florida until the end of October and then we are heading west. We will probably spend most of November in Texas meeting up with our daughter and her husband's family for Thanksgiving and then move on to Arizona. We do plan on a little bit of time at Quartzsite in January but other than that have not made any definite plans. Hope we don't have any problems finding parks. We are also open to suggestions. Maybe we will run into you on the road!

Vicki and Mark

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

My wife and I left off our Hitchhiker in Chanute, KS for some maintenance and will pick it up in several weeks. Meantime we are at our homebase in northern NM about 100 miles north of Albuquerque. We go back and forth to Albuquerque or Farmington for groceries and supplies as necessary. My son visits me beginning Oct 8 and we both drew out for elk and will hunt that week in unit 5b.

In December wife and I head for the Florida panhandle to visit our other son in Pensacola and will spend most of the winter in Florida. Between now and December we plan on several weeks in Arizona or southern NM. After Florida its up to New England for the spring and then... Alaska next summer. Anyone have Alaska on their itinerary next summer?

We are planning for Alaska in summer of 2018... Going to "hub-&-spoke" the US rockies most of the summer & fall this year - re-visiting favorite areas and hopefully discovering more places to love. Friends and parks in UT, MT, WA, OR, CO, etc.

Looking for suggestions for places to go after Quartzsite, so late Jan, Feb, March, and maybe part of April 2017. I'm not "in" to desert, ocean, or cities: but we will be in the west, so is there any place to go (safely) that won't get us snowed in?

TTYL & see ya on the road!

CC & co

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

Just found out that we are in the Class of 2016 !!! It happened so fast! Basically I got a job offer in Colorado that I couldn't pass up and we are selling everything and moving. We called the Estate Sale people and told them to take everything away and send us a check. We are selling the house and will leave NC around October 25 to head to Colorado. We are just going to live in our 37' travel trailer for now, but we think we can make it work.

We are so excited and scared all at the same time. How did we accumulate so much stuff over 27 years together? I'm glad we are getting rid of it now and not dumping it on our kids. If we can survive this first winter, then I'm sure we will just stay in the camper full time. We aren't really telling people that (as they wouldn't really understand) so we just say we are staying in the camper till we find a place. But here's hoping we never find a place!

My wife and I left off our Hitchhiker in Chanute, KS for some maintenance and will pick it up in several weeks. Meantime we are at our homebase in northern NM about 100 miles north of Albuquerque. We go back and forth to Albuquerque or Farmington for groceries and supplies as necessary. My son visits me beginning Oct 8 and we both drew out for elk and will hunt that week in unit 5b.

In December wife and I head for the Florida panhandle to visit our other son in Pensacola and will spend most of the winter in Florida. Between now and December we plan on several weeks in Arizona or southern NM. After Florida its up to New England for the spring and then... Alaska next summer. Anyone have Alaska on their itinerary next summer?

Alaska next year, yes.

We started full timing in Spring of 2016. Never joined this group because I first joined the 2015 group and flunked out. (Didn't want to jinx myself)

Spent this summer in WI and leaving for Kansas on Oct 7th for a few weeks, then on to FL.

Come April we will migrate North to WI for family visit and then on to Alaska.

There has been some talk in the HDT forum of others that are making the trip in 2017, so you may want to take a look there on occasion.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Sold the farm June 3rd and have been in our Work&Play 25 since then .

My wife , Cissy , and I , Bob . We have been hanging around between Tallahassee and Daytona to wind up family and doctor visits for 4 months . We will not be foot loose and fancy free until Christmas and then , who knows . We are currently in Panacea Fl doing a lot of kayak fishing and bike riding . When our rent is up here we will move into a cow pasture , a 30 amp cow pasture in Deland , Florida where we have the last of our craft business stored . We hope to sell out before Christmas .

What then ? Probably west for several months , staying where its kinda warm . Maybe fish the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas , who knows !

We have been " homeless " before . In the late seventies we sold out and went sailing for 13 years in the eastern Caribbean , staying mostly on St. John in the V.I. and on Culebra , P.R. We are not new to the 12 volt lifestyle having lived on 3 boats and owned 14 RVs.

We tote our trailer with a 2014 Ram CTD 2500 and own a 25 foot work and Play , carting kayaks on the roof of trucks topper and bikes inside . Why a Work&Play , because that is what was paid for when the house sold .

I am about to join the 2016 class of fulltiming with a pending closing in the next few weeks of my home. I actually haven't been to my home since Oct 2015 when I had thought this same buyer had sold their home and were going to move in.

I have been volunteering for 5 years in the winter to escape WI and have worked via computer winding down my healthcare management career. That job via computer will be ending soon so fall 2015 worked in Yellowstone for end of the season. Volunteered again this winter in state parks and put money down on a wait list for the Escapee park near Port Townsend WA (grew up in WA but have not lived there for 30 years) to establish a new domicile since WI would not allow me to keep health insurance if I traveled long term out of state.

This summer I worked in Medora ND at their campground, am filling in in Rapid City SD at a KOA for end of the season and will be leaving in a couple of weeks to TX where I will work at Amazon. I will also be picking up my 2016 Class B and saying goodbye to my 96 Roadtrek with 218,000 miles that I bought 5 years ago used with 86,000 miles.

Hoping to work with Holland America/Princess Cruises in Alaska in the summer.

Edited by Teri_WI

As I sit here in my Toy Hauler, I'm almost in disbelief that tomorrow - YES tomorrow - I'm heading out on my 4th quarter adventure.

I've been reading this forum for several years, thinking I would hit the road a long time ago, but life got in the way. Now it's my turn!

I bought a Toy Hauler so I could use the garage as a living area - office, bookcase, couch, chairs and right now, lots of boxes of stuff

I still need to sort. But tomorrow is the day and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.

First destination is my 50th High school reunion in Northern California - then off to see my 100 year old uncle, then who knows. Exciting and

a tad bit scary at the same time. Hope to see some of you on the road.

Thanks for the forum, I've gleaned a ton of information and I'm sure will continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, looks like we are late to this party but we are hoping to be full-time by the end of this year. In the last few months we have bought our toad, bought our RV, liquidated almost everything in the house and we have it on the market. All we need is a buyer and we are out of here! We went to FL to get our new to us 2014 Newmar Ventana then drove it home to Virginia which was the worse tease ever!

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

Good luck on selling your house! We just started FT officially when we picked up our bigger rig last Wednesday in MI :-). DSDP4018

Our S&B hasn't sold so we will be pulling it off the market so we don't have to deal with it during the snowy winter. We are heading to TX for RV driving school in Nov, to eventually arrive in Quartzsite AZ in January for a Newmar gathering plus SKP Boomerville. Hope to meet some of you all down the road!

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

Thanks Stripe34,

We have considered the exact same thing. With the exact same it itenerary. We want to do the boot camp in TX, then off to AZ. I don't know much about the Newmar gathering but it sounds up our alley.

We are looking forward to this new adventure and meeting great like minded folks along the way.

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats Angie! Hope you make 2016! We've been out since June 24, 2016 and we are loving it. We're arriving in Hiawassee GA tomorrow for winter (being from PA, I need to see some snow yet). Already got a workamping job next summer in NH but we are truly enjoying the sights and the freedom! Good luck on the sale!

Gracie's Golden Getaway

Barry and Marianne traveling full-time with Golden Retriever Maggie

2014 Ford F-450 DRW Super Heavy Duty Lariat with

2015 Solitude 305RE since June 2016.

Congrats Angie!

We are on our way to TX via Memphis, then Little Rock. We will hang out in TX, and we switched our January plans to go to the Newmar rally in Tampa (instead of AZ). We will probably hang out in the FL/GA area most of Feb & march also :-)

See ya on the road!

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

at the Maumelle COE? we are planning to go there on the 19th and 20th of November. My MIL has a 30 amp plug for us but no way to dump the black tank so we go "camping" on the weekends. this weekend (11th and 12th ) we are going to the Downtown Riverside RV park - we really enjoy the downtown area.

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

We are officially under contract! Hopefully all will go well and we will officially be full time on the 9th of December :) and heading to Bushnell :)

Hi Angie,

Congrats on getting your house under contract! Now the real fun begins cleaning it out! We closed on ours last July so it's all too fresh in our minds! We had only moved into our rig full time about 2 weeks when we went to the Escapee boot camp and rally in Essex Jct, VT. Perfect timing and it was right in our backyard so to speak.

FYI, we were in Florida last week staying at 3 Flags (TT) in Wildwood and tending some business in Zephyr Hills so we drove through Bushnell and stopped at Sumter Oaks to check it out for the future, In talking with 2 very friendly guys in the office, I would say that if you haven't already called them and seen about reservations you should do so right away. They spoke of it being full and sometimes hard to get reservations in the peak winter months. It's a relatively small park but looked very nice with mature trees and nice shade and folks seemed very friendly.

We are Thousand Trails members as well as SKP's and we just got to Lake Conroe TT in Willis TX yesterday. Wow! What a nice facility. We'll be in TX through early December then heading to Tucson area for Dec and earl Jan. We'll stop at Las Cruces along the way to visit White Sands and in mid-January will join the Escapee Boomers at Quartzsite to see what that's all about.

Good luck with your plans and keep us informed on your progress!

Cheers,

Don