WHAT MAKES FOR THE BEST RV SITE?

What are some of the details about the Site. Is the park close to a busy highway for over nighters, Then I want pull-through and some what level. (purpose quick set up and break down the camp). No low hanging tree limbs (14 foot minimum) and 75 foot long lets me stay connected . With a previous RV, I needed full hook-up but a two night stay, definitely full hook-up. A clean park always, rules enforced about quite time

If I'm spending a week, Picnic table and fire pit are nice. Also a reduced rate like 7 nights for the price of 6. 

Monthly stays require some kind of site amenity like a place to people to gather for coffee, put a puzzle together and play games

Clay   Sr Citizens

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I'm guessing you are asking about buying an entire campground, not just a site in a campground. Location is important. Near a river is not on a river and that matters to some people. Close enough to a metro area to make weekend getaways reasonable is another. When we went for weekends we mostly just wanted lack of noise.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Level ground, dark nights, no traffic noise, cleanliness.

The most unlikely site for me was located in urban Memphis, almost directly across the street from Graceland. 
But it offered security and a local venue - we walked to Graceland and took an Uber to Beal Steet for dinner at BB Kings Blues Club.  Very unforgettable and it was a place that I'd recommend.

So I guess the answer to your question is; "it depends".

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

No large trees that block satellite connections, that make it tough to get into the site and that dump trash/leaves on the roof and that scratches the rig (I prefer no trees).  Level sites (concrete best).  Option of drive through and back in sites.  Sewer connection, water and electric 2/3 rds way down the site (not at the back of the sites).  15, 30 and 50 amp electric hookups.  Picnic table at each site.  No fire rings unless distance between sites is wide.  Wide enough roads to make it easier to back into the sites.  My rig is 65 total feet long with Jeep included.

2020 Dutch Star 4328, 2018 Grand Cherokee, Ready Brute Elite Towbar 

How close to a river? This was too close:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/storm-sweeps-motorhomes-into-los-angeles-county-

river/

I would not buy an RV lot/site because I would be locked into a hum-drum repeating vacation at the same spot every time.  Now if you're buying it to rent out and make money, that's a different scenario. IMO it would need to never flood, be level, enough shade during hot months so outside activities are comfortable, be of adequate size to enjoy sitting outside without having to walk around the neighbors sewer pipe; and that is only the main points that pop into my head.

A friend was camped close to a river with his truck camper, during the night the river flooded the CG. He drove out in 4WD with water up to the top of the wheel-wells, Others with 2WD were flooded as the river rose further.

For enlightenment, run a search for RV lots for sale, then run another looking to buy RV lot.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Clay's comments above are pretty close to what I would have said. I'd add that not everyone wants the same things. People with satellite systems and/or solar systems want few trees. Those who don't may want more shade. When we had our mpg trailer a 50' site was plenty long. Now we have a 38' travel trailer pulled by a crew cab F350 with 8' bed, so we would want a pull-through site to be at least 65' long. Last month a group of Prevost owners who had large trailers with their fancy motorcycles in them came to the park we were at. Many of those who had pull-through sites hung out at both ends. Those who had back-in sites often had the trailer tires off the back end of the pad. This is a fairly new park, and sites are pretty long, so you can guess how long these rigs were.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS