First in a mini series

Wrknrvr

Adding fuel line antifreeze ? To your fridge? Montana ice cream is too hard? I feel like a fish at the hook, I don't want to get pulled in, but it's irresistible.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

About 8 years ago, I installed a Aquahot heating system in our fifthwheel. It uses diesel fuel.

The black tank is the onboard fuel tank. It is on the inside of the two tanks. If you look to the left side of the black tank, you can see the clear fuel level line.

So when I would change fuel filters on Aquahot systems in my business. I would drain the fuel filters into a clean, clear container. Let it sit a day or two. Then pour the old fuel into my Aquahot fuel tank. The one you see in these photos. If I changed my truck filters, it went in there also.

What did I doooooo?

I may have poured some fuel from my truck filters in there. That was in the beginning.

Yep, I did?

Is there algae in there also. That container on top is algicide. 

I did treat it in South Carolina just before we left there. So yesterday I decided to treat it again. Just in case it has ( you know what ) in there.

Yesterday’s results showed no algae in that system.

That was close.

I’ve run Biokleen in my truck every fill.  Stuff is expensive but gives me piece of mind.  Still saying that, wish I could get my tanks polished.  I’ve got a thin line of black “goop” on the bottoms.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

5 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

I’ve run Biokleen in my truck every fill.  Stuff is expensive but gives me piece of mind.  Still saying that, wish I could get my tanks polished.  I’ve got a thin line of black “goop” on the bottoms.

I always do too, of one brand or the other, unless I'm on a long haul and will run the fuel out in a week or two. Cheap insurance really.

Vern,

Someone (maybe it was you) was trying to come up with a little suction “straw” several years ago just to suck that material up.  Never saw the finished product.  I do like your polishing apparatus that you built.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

This is the filtering system I used to treat the Aquahot fuel tank. That black fuel tank? I also used this system to pump treatment through the truck fuel lines while the 10 gym system was treating the fuel tanks.

It uses a fuel pump of say 5 + gallons per hour. Available at local auto parts stores. With a filter inline before the pump.zHTG5eal.jpg

Edited by Wrknrvr