Curtis Coleman reveals a lot about the FMCA organization very few members knew.

Ray,IN

https://www.rvtravel.com/fmca-president-candidate-curtis-coleman-explains-plans-elected/

The way elections work is; no member gets to vote directly for president of FMCA. Only chapter members vote at their chapter meeting, their chapter president then votes at the national rally for president.  If you do not belong to a chapter you have no vote. That's my understanding of the  process.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

15 hours ago, Customer1 said:

Voting within the chapters may not be the perfect arrangement but doesn't that give the membership a larger voice than members of the Escapees or Good Sam?

FMCA is a non-profit organization. Escapees and Good Sam are businesses. Apples and oranges.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 7/29/2023 at 8:28 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

FMCA is a non-profit organization. Escapees and Good Sam are businesses. Apples and oranges.

You are correct but it is irrelevant to what I said.  All three have members and all three claim to operate for the benefit of those members. Only one really gives the members a say.

2018 Keystone Cougar

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW D/A

18 minutes ago, Customer1 said:

You are correct but it is irrelevant to what I said.  All three have members and all three claim to operate for the benefit of those members. Only one really gives the members a say.

FMCA is run by a membership board. Escapees and the GS parents Camping World and Affinity Group are run by executive boards. Big difference. How much input do Amazon Prime members have? Or Costco members? B.J.'s members? At least Escapees asks our opinion on various topics from time to time.

Dutch

On 7/30/2023 at 11:08 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

FMCA is run by a membership board. Escapees and the GS parents Camping World and Affinity Group are run by executive boards. Big difference. How much input do Amazon Prime members have? Or Costco members? B.J.'s members? At least Escapees asks our opinion on various topics from time to time.

Still irrelevant to my initial comment.

2018 Keystone Cougar

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW D/A

35 minutes ago, Customer1 said:

Still irrelevant to my initial comment.

I was noting that your post compares apples to oranges. Completely different organizational structures.

Dutch

On 7/28/2023 at 5:26 PM, Customer1 said:

Voting within the chapters may not be the perfect arrangement but doesn't that give the membership a larger voice than members of the Escapees or Good Sam?

Some people feel better, when they have the power to vote.  Even if their vote has no impact.  

Making changes in a large organization, from the bottom up, usually requires tremendous personal effort by many.  Compromising, lobbying and buy-in, with many others.  

For me, member voting is not a salient difference between the RV clubs mentioned. However I respect that others may have a different opinion.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car