New FL "Resident"

Hi, my family and I are new to the fulltime RV life.  We chose FL for our domicile.  It looks like the State office in Sumter County is the only one that accepts the Escapees letter as proof of residency for a Driver's License.  Has anyone used another State office in Florida for license and registration?  We are up near Pensacola and need to head West for work and don't have the time to go all the way there to turn around and head back.  Thanks for all your help!

The Escapees Letter states that you are qualified for domicile at a "residence" address of 4602 CR 673, Bushnell. We didn't need to show any other receipts to the folks at the Bushnell DMV. If you have rent and utility receipts and a declaration of domicile you could do it elsewhere but you'd still need a "residence" address, not a mail-forwarding address. There's a company in Crestview that provides "residence" address and mail service, which is lot closer to you than Bushnell.  If you don't have a "residential" address either you can't do it or you'll have no end of trouble.

I strongly suggest you make time for it.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

Our mail service is MyRVmail out of Crestview, FL.  That's not far from Pensacola.  We established our Florida domicile with the state offices there in Crestview.  They are familiar with full time RVers, and the process was uneventful.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

14 hours ago, chindog said:

Our mail service is MyRVmail out of Crestview, FL.  That's not far from Pensacola.  We established our Florida domicile with the state offices there in Crestview.  They are familiar with full time RVers, and the process was uneventful.

Thanks so much for replying.  We are using Escapees for our Mail and Domicile address.  Was just curious about the Drivers License aspect of using the RV site as our "proof of residency".  Thanks again!

You should be able to show bank and credit card statements with your Florida domicile address to prove you're in FL.  I called the Okaloosa Co DMV and the Agent answered some questions I had and even knew who we use MyRVMail.com in Crestview.

2020 Dutch Star 4328, 2018 Grand Cherokee, Ready Brute Elite Towbar 

2 hours ago, jbh said:

A gotcha is that your domicile address is in Florida while your mailing address is in Texas. You can't routinely receive mail at the Florida address.

Your official state mail such as vehicle registrations and driver licenses use the Florida Escapees Bushnell address. Some investment accounts, insurance, etc, may require using that address as well. Mail to the Bushnell address is forwarded to the Escapees mail center in Livingston, TX for processing and forwarding along with your regular mail.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system