Using your phone here on SKP forums and other websites with wired and wireless keyboards and mice/touchpads as a desktop

I never liked typing on my Cell phone because I tend to "Fat-Finger" two keys or the wrong ones way too much. I just had another post here that thought the mobile SKP Forums website on our cell phones cannot be changed back to desktop mode to use an external compact keyboard and a touch-pad or Bluetooth mouse. EZ PZ, here's how with pics.

All the following is for Android phones and I used these with my old phones as well as my current Pixel 6 Pro. I have no idea what works on iPhones and iPads.

To switch to desktop mode on your phone when on SKPs forums just click on the three dots on the top right of this website on your phone and a drop down menu opens. Click on "Desktop Site" and the screen changes to the same as if on a laptop or desktop. To switch back you just click on the three dots again and uncheck the box with desktop and it is back to normal. It works better with a keyboard (KB.)

We were talking about finding the ignore button directly by hovering your mouse cursor over the individual's name you want to ignore. If you are on a desktop just hover your cursor over my name on the left and a menu drops down with ignore as one of three buttons on the bottom.

Pics are better so here goes.

My Logitech K-400+ KBs use a USB A dongle and I use a red adapter you will see in the pics. I plug in the Logitech Unifying dongle to the Female USB A end, and then plug the USB C end into my phone.

Logitech K400 and adapter with the dongle on the adapter but not plugged into the phone yet. The K400 is a membrane KB

MRGJE0cl.jpg%20

The Logitech K-400+ is smaller than a full size KB and has a touch-pad instead of numbers. I actually use them for my desktops despite having four wireless desktop sets and numerous mice. But still the biggest of my portable KBs.

Here it is hooked up to my cell phone and the mouse was hovered over Ray's name and the menu dropped down.

SbfbRx4l.jpg%20

Logitech K-400 Collage

My Android phone will connect to more than one Bluetooth (BT) device at a time. And my Targus BT KB is a lot smaller than the K-400 KB. I also have the Microsoft Arc Mouse which connects by BT too, and both connect reliably to my phone. See below pic the gray case on the left is a custom case for the Arc mouse. The Targus uses scissor switches and types great too.

lSqMjUml.jpg

Targus BT KB

I also have a wired ZAGG micro USB KB that has no touch-pad. It works fine with the Microsoft BT ARC mouse too (Or any BT Mouse that does not need a receiver) as it uses the phone's USB C port for itself and it has no touch-pad. IN the pic below it is wired and plugged into the phone and the Arc mouse is connected via BT.

uIZZgFVl.jpg

pDyap5fl.jpg%20

Parts list below and sources if anyone else wants a bigger KB while using their phone or tablet for their phone:

Logitech K-400 - https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Internet-Connected-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01E0BUPW2/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1HHJUKQ36FP5B&keywords=Logitech+K400+Plus+Keyboard&qid=1685668100&s=electronics&sprefix=logitech+k400+plus+keyboard%2Celectronics%2C114&sr=1-4

ZAGG Connect wired KB Micro USB KB - https://www.ebay.com/itm/153934942286?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=153934942286&targetid=4581183927179147&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418233787&mkgroupid=1241348861725295&rlsatarget=pla-4581183927179147&abcId=9300542&merchantid=51291&msclkid=ff539f6b21061ba74adcfb12607aab74

Targus BT KB $6.52 used like new free shipping- https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Multi-Platform-Bluetooth-Keyboard-AKB55TT/dp/B074D9CG5M?th=1

Microsoft BT Arc Mouse $28.71 - https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Microsoft-Computer-Transmission/dp/B0BTVD4H83/ref=sr_1_10?crid=35VL1WSHG2V28&keywords=Microsoft+Arc+mouse&qid=1685669048&s=electronics&sprefix=microsoft+arc+mouse%2Celectronics%2C124&sr=1-10

Micro USB Female to Type C Male Adapter Converter Micro-B to USB-C Connector 2 pack $2.49 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/275376054423?hash=item401db12097:g:R7EAAOSwj35h2X-b&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAABAJgVUyfpWEIsXG02Sr1zaaHaijNaBIoHXS%2F%2F11cEOw7X3nYZ3HVFQPtajGAFLfRpbGdddyLLD7Uql7N5uVjCM66WQ5oy6%2F0fIurzSOanOj8cZMLiuADwf0FGYunUyZA8NOobnDkmHC%2BI4SJRRvrmJMzPeSJ6fUusg8GEwADq9L7%2BJI%2Fmc6q6UMbHZWP8NDDFjQYUAxQZld6TtkFiWMwsoTStVSiyp9479uVXrrSGwHQ09lKdJjP0M9s7mwKa8OtZhY9X7Efk7uI6RBFNifkZ6pUnV1fvH6JgRGJNjnNxmvT4ocNFA8QHTAvxMc1GFE%2BI73CWUkxSsVB15L2oQJnZaLM%3D|tkp%3ABFBM2JLgm49i

USB A female to USB C male adapter $2.25 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/133948172914?hash=item1f2feeea72:g:nJ4AAOSwzNdhpAsd&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8Gnczewh9rPQ%2FQdUwdeH%2BEjXoj%2BH2g90P71NC73UvJePiXk0CvKMvwIPwRuCqf5trCK1RLxPhzEYwehJoBfOl8iqg2y0tNdc3lOyWx6bZPx76dwj9cA4FhuI5tivE88bJyjA0KnnUADJKGhY%2B%2BxJ6c%2BFzzd89gRDuM5WoWiKub8NnhOdSB2lvZx4qx8kLz%2FtN15aSaj2zo5e7HsYmkDut9S0%2FUbTMxfwqW4GMdYbqQyFhA1mgfpvSO8OW85KyYeTA3vkTKByltal7ryWqA5Tr9uTMn2D8EMmFvJwUHTSno9XDENvttzdCORD%2FoZ8juTMVg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8LH_ZuPYg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

That seems like a lot of hardware. Wouldn't it just be easier to use a laptop?

I use both the Messenger and Messages apps on my laptop for texting. I can also use Windows to link to my phone although between smart watch and phone having another device ring is just plain annoying. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

That seems like a lot of hardware. Wouldn't it just be easier to use a laptop?

I use both the Messenger and Messages apps on my laptop for texting. I can also use Windows to link to my phone although between smart watch and phone having another device ring is just plain annoying. 

That was exactly my point. I use my phone for almost everything, but if I need it, I pull out a laptop. I would've enjoyed playing with those bits and pieces when I was much younger, but now I just want to get things done quickly. Plus, I have an obsession with efficiency and minimalism. But of course, to each his own. Jay

Did everyone miss the first paragraph of the OP?

"I just had another post here that thought the mobile SKP Forums website on our cell phones cannot be changed back to desktop mode to use an external compact keyboard and a touch-pad or Bluetooth mouse. EZ PZ, here's how with pics. "

😏

You now know how to switch Escapees Forums to Desktop mode on your phones, how to access the ignore button with one hover/click, and that all you need is a wireless or wired mouse/touchpad to have a cursor to hover.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

9 hours ago, RV_ said:

Did everyone miss the first paragraph of the OP?

"I just had another post here that thought the mobile SKP Forums website on our cell phones cannot be changed back to desktop mode to use an external compact keyboard and a touch-pad or Bluetooth mouse. EZ PZ, here's how with pics. "

😏

You now know how to switch Escapees Forums to Desktop mode on your phones, how to access the ignore button with one hover/click, and that all you need is a wireless or wired mouse/touchpad to have a cursor to hover.

Actually, I've used a browser on my phone for many years that is permanently set to desktop mode, probably going back to my first Note 4. No need to switch anything or connect anything. It's just always there. That's my happy place. Jay

9 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Actually, I've used a browser on my phone for many years that is permanently set to desktop mode, probably going back to my first Note 4. No need to switch anything or connect anything. It's just always there. That's my happy place. Jay

Jay, I'm with you today and I do not bring anything with my phone. I don't even use it for Internet or productivity - just calls and for my Kindle books/Sling TV  in waiting rooms occasionally. I only kept the two KBs, the Targus BT and the ZAGG wired because we do use Amazon Fire 8" HD+ Tablets for our Bathroom music sources connected to Bose Soundlink Flex and a Bose Soundlink Mini II. The Logitech K-400 are my desktop KBs We each have a Surface Pro 7 and 7+ LTE and Surface Go 2 M3 LTE with a sim card that works on all three, and typecovers for them all. That is why we have the two Microsoft Arc mice which we never use - because typecovers. But this gave me a chance to see if I could get the mouse hover functions on SKP forums desktop version to work with my phone  for fun. Just an experiment. I too do not like lugging around a bunch of stuff and like minimalist. MY cell phone is either in my back pocket when out, or in the phone holder built into my car and connected to it while driving. We no longer do music from our phone SD cards because streaming. I use the SD cards with music on our Amazon Fire Tablets.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998