Tool of this week

Wrknrvr

Try it now. I copied off the browser window the first time. The edited post has the link copied from Vern's email. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Well Darryl you  can yell at me for my stupidity, again and again and again.

My high vacuum was contributed to two things.

One was plugged filters. Yes we know that.    

But I did put smaller fuel lines one than original. The local hydraulic shop said that’s what they sell to locals.

So 3/8” fuel lines caused the fuel vacuum pressure to be around 8.5 “ of vacuum.      I can hear you now. Be nice, please.  So luckily I capped the old lines. So I connected the old lines back into the system. Now the vacuum at idle is 7””. Stays steady at idle

Today I started the truck and let it idle a few minutes. Then with the wife operating the throttle I said give it some, my hand signals.

Truck runs better. Less smoke.    But the vacuum falls to 5” .   It should climb as it needs more fuel.

So there is apparently a small leak somewhere in the suction side. 

Thanks for posting the filter educational info. 

Why would I yell? I'm not of the Boomer generation. As long as you're getting closer to a satisfactory place, I'm satisfied. If you retain something, even better, because I won't always be around to help you. Sorry, that slipped out.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I was thinking that earlier in the quest to figure this problem out, I decided there was a air leak in the fuel system. So I put new fuel lines on. Those 3/8” lines. Just from the ecm check valve to the first filter in front of the passenger side steer tire. Then back to the engine mounted fuel filter. That is all I changed.

So I believe there is still a problem with the original fuel lines.

Now with the vacuum gauge, I can see there is a problem immediately. So what I did to create this vacuum loss, was to put the old fuel lines back as it was built.

Testing tomorrow am. Will respond with the answer