Retirement is not a myth it does exist.

runaway parents

Just realized I have no more major projects In the wings oh what to do. Got my list of Chores done. Now we start on D w's list. Can I survive this? stay tuned! I have noticed over the last week or two my Dried out old cracked carpeter hands are starting to get soft. Is this a form of dish Pan hands I don't know. Is this retirement setting in? Is this the elusive unicorn they talk about?

On 5/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, runaway parents said:

Is this the elusive unicorn they talk about?

I think your figuring out your DW is ready for retirement. Nothing wrong with that, in fact the extra togetherness is good for planing

Maybe time to find a good civic club like Kiwanis  or other organization that benefits Children.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

On 5/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, runaway parents said:

Just realized I have no more major projects In the wings oh what to do. Got my list of Chores done. Now we start on D w's list. Can I survive this? stay tuned! I have noticed over the last week or two my Dried out old cracked carpeter hands are starting to get soft. Is this a form of dish Pan hands I don't know. Is this retirement setting in? Is this the elusive unicorn they talk about?

We had some tornadoes roll through the area last week. I know some carpenters that are hiring if you feel the need to toughen them hands up again.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Love it Larry.  Congratulations.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 2 weeks later...

I retired in September of 2021 (kind of).  I decided to start a “part time” business to give me something to do.  Well the business took off much faster and with a lot more work than I expected that first year.  Luckily my wife was still working full time until the end of last year so it wasn’t that big of a deal.  I have started carving out longer travel periods this year now that my wife is retired.  We are currently on a 5 plus week trip.  But, between the business and our travels my honey do list (and my project list) is piling up with not a lot of time to get things done.  I always heard people say they were never so busy as when they “retired.”  Now I believe it.  All the little stuff I used to do to kill time during the day when I was working doesn’t happen anymore.  I just don’t have the time.  😜

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg