Rear camera/Display issue

Unsure if everyone does the same, but when on the road I always leave the in dash monitor on, so I can keep an eye on our towed vehicle. Upon returning last month on our long trip home, my dash monitor went from working fine, to a black screen! It still showed on the monitor that it was on...by a green light showing, and if I pushed the button it switched to red, stating it was off. But, turning it back on (green light) I now still get a black screen. Would anyone know if I have a dash screen issue, or rear camera?
I'd like to get this resolved before our next outing, and hope finding the issue isn't too technical, but would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

'08 Tiffin Phaeton

Thanks, new to the forums!

Edited by Powerstroke2000

Make and model of  rear camera system, hard-wired or wireless?

FWIW, I have a Voyager wireless system, the monitor had a vid 1 and a vid 2 selection. If i accidentally hit the selector button the screen goes black. touch it again the video returns..

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Obvious question:  Have you checked all the fuses?  Secondly, have you checked the camera's physical wiring?  Likely a multi-wire plug, something could've come loose, like a red power wire or black ground wire.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

9 hours ago, Powerstroke2000 said:

it's the OEM from when the coach was new.

Without knowing the make of the camera and the monitor we can only guess what might be the problem. Since you get the red or green lights, it seems pretty sure that it is getting power but you should check that with a voltmeter to be sure that it is near 12V as sometimes it can take less to light the indicators than to operate the system. You should also look a the wiring and let us know what you have. Some systems use separate power supplies to the monitor and the camera while others just have a coaxial cable between the camera & monitor with the power for the camera supplied by the same cable as returns the video signal. Pictures of the monitor and anything else might also help.

Edited by Kirk W
add a thought

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI