et hitch

vacationer

Is your slider switch connected to an alarm? Some trucks have an alarm that sounds as soon as the switch is energized, sending air to the slide solenoid. If not, use it, assuming your hitch has a levelling valve on it. If you don't have a levelling valve, the hitch will raise to tank pressure with the slide switch on, and drop to flat as soon as the switch is turned off.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

If you use the air source you are considering, at least on my truck, it WILL alarm as the truck doesnt like being in Drive with that air source activated.  

I am in the process of changing my hitch also and will be using air from my rear air bags, added a ball valve and a regulator for control of my hitch.

Marcel

If you're singled, you should be able to use the inter-axle lock airline.  It only turns on a warning light in my truck.  I have it plumbed thru a gauge and control switch in the cab so I can set the air pressure.  Another way of setting/controlling air pressure is a simple dial regulator, similar to what's on a compressor.  Or, as mentioned, a leveling valve.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Our ET has a leveling valve.  I thought they all did?   Leveling valve negates the need for a regulator.

I plumbed ours into the rear suspension. I added a ball valve and a dump valve so I can just dump the hitch.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

14 hours ago, vacationer said:

Hi i purchased a used ET hitch about 4-5 years old. The bolts that hold the air bags down are missing is there any reason why they would be taken out on purpose.

Also the air line can i use the air line from the slider hitch to tie into et hitch. Thanks lee

None at all, unless they were replacing airbags and did not re-bolt them. The bolts are 3/8-16, the threads in the airbags are aluminum, incredibly easy to cross thread. Bolts are engaged with fingers, if you can't finger thread them do not move on to the wrench. The bags are tilted (on purpose), because it's an arc that they follow, they are aligned straight for threading in a very particular spot height wise. I'm guessing they did it for some asinine reason and gave up, because it's not easy to put it back together.

Edited by phoenix2013