Finally retired

runaway parents

Well we retired late in the season we got snowed in again . So as soon as the weather breaks we are planning on putting miles on the truck . Looking forward to Spring already . Probably the last winter we have endure in the Central Washington . Planning on heading south next winter. Hopefully somewhere where it's warm. We spent the last two days shoveling snow our truck looks sad it's got a foot of snow on the bed ugh.

Our son spent yesterday holed up in Truckee, CA. He sent a pic if his ttruck covered in snow.   Crazy, almost five feet by that time.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

I can't wait for retirement myself. My wife, Pam, retired from teaching this year. I have 5 more years before I can retire. About that time I should have my truck and have bought my trailer. We put all of my wife's pension checks into savings for our new trailer. We should be ready to buy in 3 years. Looking at the 40 - 45 foot front living, middle kitchen and master suit in back. I am not very tall, 5'7" is all and the front living are our favorite models so far. We have a place in Vegas called Blue Dog RV and have liked them the most. 

Happy Holidays!

Later,

Cory O

7 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I can't wait for retirement myself. My wife, Pam, retired from teaching this year. I have 5 more years before I can retire. About that time I should have my truck and have bought my trailer. We put all of my wife's pension checks into savings for our new trailer. We should be ready to buy in 3 years. Looking at the 40 - 45 foot front living, middle kitchen and master suit in back. I am not very tall, 5'7" is all and the front living are our favorite models so far. We have a place in Vegas called Blue Dog RV and have liked them the most. 

Happy Holidays!

Later,

Cory O

Hi Vegas teacher it's been a long time since we talked . I think the last time we talked you're changing shocks on your truck or something . I know it's been quite some time . Wife and I finally retired it's been quite an adjustment. Waking up in the mornings and realizing you don't have to be anywhere right away . Seems kind of strange but we are sure we will get used to it. It seems like last time we talked your wife wasn't too sure about this HDT idea. She must be okay with it you're still on the Forum. That's a good sign anyway hope you guys are doing okay.

Many of you know Paul and Paula Gillenwater, aka "Toy Drag'n" here.  Paul has a phrase describing many folks' approach to retirement.....  "We start out slow, and then taper off."  Some days are like that.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

13 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Hi Vegas teacher it's been a long time since we talked . I think the last time we talked you're changing shocks on your truck or something . I know it's been quite some time . Wife and I finally retired it's been quite an adjustment. Waking up in the mornings and realizing you don't have to be anywhere right away . Seems kind of strange but we are sure we will get used to it. It seems like last time we talked your wife wasn't too sure about this HDT idea. She must be okay with it you're still on the Forum. That's a good sign anyway hope you guys are doing okay.

You are 100% correct, at the point when we were doing shocks and money kept going into the semi she was a little bit nervous. Finally all of the repairs are pretty much done. Last summer we drove the semi from Vegas to Pittsburg Kansas. We stayed at Flying J's / Pilot truck stops and she loved it!!! All is good. We dropped the semi off with Jack Mayer to do his magic and flew back to Vegas. I loved driving the truck down I - 40. We have driven I 40 twice a year for the last 22 years, and from the elevated view I saw new things for the first time. I took all of my relatives, back home for a ride, and it was a hit. Everybody wanted to see it, hear it and ride in it. I gave them a tour of the outside, the engine and when the ride started I had Convoy on the radio. 

Happy Holidays,

Cory O