Want to insulate these doors.

lappir

WLjR182l.jpgDld2flzl.jpgAnyone got a good idea?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Yeah, I second the spray foam idea, but be sure to tape over the latching mechanisms!  It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, I wouldn't think.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

2 hours ago, Randyretired said:

Spray foam? 

That was my thought too. Have used some rigid pieces, cut to the approximate opening size, but they don't seem to work well. 

Have you done it Randy? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

1 hour ago, Will B. said:

Yeah, I second the spray foam idea, but be sure to tape over the latching mechanisms!  It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, I wouldn't think.

Does it stick well? 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

You could try the adhesive automotive sound deadening material or the adhesive duct insulation but most are not very thick and don't really give you an idea on their R value. A lot depends on what you are trying to accomplish. With spray insulation you have to watch that you don't get it on the part that overlaps the other side panels, or on the hinges and latches. With foam board, if you get the right adhesive, you would be able to layer it over the latch area to get good coverage there. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thanks for all the information. 

The door latches are a pain and I'd like to think of a way to replace them with a slam latch or something simple to use. Have had to "Fix" these many times and never remember to complain enough about them when at the factory. (They seem to love them). 

I'll dig out the foam I cut and start using it again. Will be in SEMO a bit longer than I expected and I'm sure the temps will drop soon.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800