registration in ontario

vacationer

We're Alberta, so no advice to give, but there are some Ontario members here. In the meantime, at the top of the HDT section, there's a few tacked threads. One of those contains a link to the HDT Resource Guide. There may be some advice in there, or a whole bunch of info just waiting for you to discover it 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Hi just spoke with the head of the MTO in the simcoe county area. He just told me a big no on registering a class 8 truck as rv.

he said not in Ontario but for some reason some offices will register it but if you get pulled over they dont accept it for some reason.

He just said a truck is a truck . 

4 hours ago, vacationer said:

He just said a truck is a truck . 

That's his opinion.  That doesn't make him right.  Ours is a motorhome, and I have the documentation to back it up.

But, we aren't in Ontario.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

what Nigel said ,not a big deal ,bunch of things make "motorhome" pick any 4 ,like most states . Service ontario staff took my word for it that all motorhome items were installed (they were /are) but refused to climb into the cab ,guess they were intimidated.

Another ontario conversion documented the equipment had a notary sign off on the paperwork ,and that was suffiecant .

If you run into a service ontario that doesn't want your money try another, service ontario is a contractor to the government, they will find a way to accept your funds.

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Welcome to the Nut House!!!!  

Upon providing pictures of your truck and a bit of background info, (just make something up, we'll never know), we'll send you your decoder ring and temporary tattoos.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 2 months later...

My truck is currently Alberta registered as a truck,  and insured as such with Cooperators Alberta. Even tho it is already insured with the Cooperators Alberta, Cooperators Ontario is giving me a run around.  They want a copy of the motorhome registration , pictures and value.  Cant get Ontario registration without ontario insurance,  catch 22.  Service ontario had no issues with the conversion,  but required Ontario insurance