My new favorite browser - BRAVE

franco-bolli

I was using Opera for the past year or more and found it to be an easy to navigate browser with some good features UNTIL,

I was (re) introduced to BRAVE browser.  It really does seem to do what it says, blocks tracking cookies and other ads as well as additional privacy!

Anecdotal evidence again, I use the app "Superantispyware" to check for abnormal items (cookies / trojans / PUPs) and spyware in my computer.
When I was using EDGE or CHROME, or FIREFOX and even some Opera to look for things on the internet,  Superantispyware would find somewhere around 300 to 500 ( or more) tracking cookies.  

I've been using BRAVE for about 3 weeks or more and ran the same computer scan with supreantispyware after more than a weeks use.

This time, there were 3 tracking cookies and they were related to a moment of weakness when I used EDGE.
I've replaced OPERA on all of my machines and made BRAVE the primary browser, including on my phone.

Don't take my word for it, try it to see if you like it.

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

I agree. I did and do have Brave on all of my systems. I still use Firefox as my primary browser. I also have Nord VPN and still have CCleaner as my primary tracker removal and registry cleaner every other month or so. My five Malwarebytes Premium lifetime licenses take care of real time threats and PUPs. I am looking at Proton email client again and while I have Office 2016 pro+ on my main system, I use Libre office on my backup system. So proton goes as a test on my backup system. I hope, like Brave, I am more impressed than a few years back when I first tried it The backup is a new Dell 5080 Optiplex Micro 11th gen i5 six core, 32GB RAM, WD Black 1TB SN 770 M.2 NVMe superfast drive, built in WiFi 6 Wireless card and a 1TB HDD for additional storage on the internal piggyback slot. So it's a good test bed for seeing how software interacts with new hardware. 

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire