Blowout Damage....

aknavy

Drove past a 45ish foot Entegra Anthem that had a driver side steer blowout.  Drive kept it on the road, but it shed a bit of fiberglass and parts down the side of the road, and I imagine there was  bit of wiring damage as well.   Almost looked like the body was on the ground at that corner. Got me thinking.....how much damage will a steer blowout do to a Volvo?  Possibly destroy the fender, but it doesn't look like there's much there to disable the truck.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

All depends on whether you can keep 'er out of the ditch, off the guard rails, and away from other road users. The most damage comes from the secondary collision. The tire itself may take out a fender, fuel tank, emissions equipment, fuel lines, minor wiring, or even a cooling stack.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 3 weeks later...

cdkr9mOl.jpgJ6y4i6zl.jpgxwyt6sKl.jpg

1999 Volvo VNL610. When I lost a right steer tire, the only real damage was to the liner. When I lost the left steer, the damage was significantly more severe. A good bit of damage to the hood and bumper, of course the liner was gone, a couple wiring harnesses, the rear fender extension, etc. Came in at about $6,000.00 worth. Jay