3 Electric Vehicle Stocks You Can Buy and Hold for the Next Decade (Motley Fool)

RV_

Excerpt:

"A decade from now, these early players could be established names in the electric vehicle space.

Tesla is positioned for growth

Investors may hold strong views on whether Tesla stock is still a buy or has already run too far. However, most will agree that the company has a long runway for growth. Tesla has huge expansion plans. It is constructing two new factories, one in Berlin and another in Texas, and is planning to launch a new model -- the Cybertruck -- next year. Its upcoming vehicle lineup also includes the Semi and Roadster.

Apart from new models and capacity expansion, Tesla has its eyes set on full self-driving (FSD). The company is expanding its beta testing to ensure the smooth rollout of its FSD features. Though the stock's price looks saturated based solely on the company's EV plans, breakthroughs in FSD could help Tesla maintain its lead over the competition.

Moreover, the company has massive production plans for more efficient batteries. Finally, there are other potential growth avenues, such as auto insurance.

All in all, there is a lot to look forward to from Tesla. The stock could continue generating market-beating returns as long as the company continues to grow its top and bottom lines at higher rates than its competitors. Buying on dips could be a great way to build a long-term position in Tesla stock.

Lucid could just be starting

Lucid Group looks like a promising EV maker with solid long-term growth plans. The company created a lot of buzz by launching its first model, the Lucid Air, with a market-leading range. Superior performance and attractive designs garnered lots of interest from potential buyers. The company now has more than 17,000 reservations for various versions of the Lucid Air. If Lucid manages to deliver its planned 20,000 vehicles in 2022, it could generate $2.2 billion in revenue for the year.

QuantumScape holds a lot of promise

QuantumScape is working on the next-generation battery technology that will help reduce the size and cost of batteries used in electric vehicles. At the same time, the company's technology will improve battery efficiency. QuantumScape's solid-state lithium-metal batteries are being designed with much higher energy density than the lithium-ion batteries used currently."

Lots more details in the brief article:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/12/06/3-electric-vehicles-stocks-you-can-buy-and-hold-fo/

Safe Travels!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We happened to drive by the Austin Tesla plant last night on our way to the Circuit of the Americas to see the Christmas light in their Peppermint Parkway. Anyhow, let me tell you that plant is HUGE!! It seemed to go in forever as we drove by and based on all the lights inside I think construction must be going on around the clock. I had to look it up when we got home and it has a 1.9 million square foot footprint with 5.3 square fee of operation space. Now if helps in visualizing 1.9 million square feet is almost 44 acres.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Wow! I haven't been to one personally. Just think, they have another two overseas, one in China which is an 864,885-square-metre (214-acre) factory, and one in Berlin about to crank up. I could not find square footage for the Berlin factory, if you or anyone runs across it please post the link here too. But here is a video of it so far, posted today!

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/elon-musk-texas-tesla-spacex-2021/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Gary, Rivian is bui8lding a second factory. I am posting in a separate thread.

"State officials in Georgia are expected to announce next week newly listed electric vehicle startup Rivian will build its second factory in the state in a deal that local officials hope will make Georgia a leader in the next generation of the automotive industry, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) has learned.

Gov. Brian Kemp and executives at Rivian are expected to hold a ceremony this Thursday to outline the details of the project, according to two senior officials with direct knowledge of the negotiations.

Both Rivian and Georgia officials have declined to comment publicly on the talks.

The Rivian factory would be the first automotive assembly facility in Georgia since 2006, when Kia Motors announced it would build its plant in West Point near the Alabama border."

https://www.futurecar.com/5062/Georgia-Officials-Are-Expected-to-Announce-This-Week-That-Electric-Truck-Maker-Rivian-Will-Build-its-Second-EV-Factory-in-the-State

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998