Ford & Rivian

Kirk W

Than goodness. Ford remains an investor but Rivian will have its hands full making and selling everything they make without playing for other teams. Amazon and Ford are investors for the long haul but Ford's 12% stake hardly demands their priorities first.

Amazon has already committed to buying all the Rivian delivery vans they can deliver. So Rivian scaled back on their SUV and are focusing on the Truck and the Delivery vans. Theuy pretty much have a monopoly on those niche markets for now and Ford, l;ate to the RV production is behind the 8 ball on their EV truck as any misstep and they will lose confidence and rely on their ICE F150s. We have one data point on their EV Mustang here and he's as ecstatic with his 'Stang as I am with my Tesla Y named Storm Trooper. You have to name them for the phone app/key system. My white one looks like a stylized storm trooper in the white and black colors.

From the article:

"Rivian, which has a far greater market value now than Ford, on Friday confirmed termination of plans.

“As Ford has scaled its own EV strategy and demand for Rivian vehicles has grown, we’ve mutually decided to focus on our own projects and deliveries. Our relationship with Ford is an important part of our journey, and Ford remains an investor and ally on our shared path to an electrified future,” the company said in an emailed statement.

Farley, who became CEO in October 2020, inherited the Rivian investment and jointly developed vehicle from his predecessor, Jim Hackett. However, Ford under Farley purchased $415 million in convertible notes in July from Rivian that become common stock in June 2022.

A wholly owned subsidiary of Ford called Troy Design and Manufacturing also has a contract to supply parts for Rivian’s R1 vehicle program, according to public documents."

Source: Kirk's link above.

I would bet Rivian finds other suppliers to boot. Watch over the next couple of years.

Source Kirk's link above.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire